Thread: Warcraft 3

Warcraft 3

What do you enjoy? Dota? TDs?
    Share your thoughts! 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warcraft 3

Tower Defense and Footmen Frenzy, but I haven't played in forever.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Tower Defenses were fun.

DOTA ruined WCIII online play for me. Everything from Hosts auto-kicking people for being new to the game. Also, they upgrading DOTA every few days and forced me download it from their website constantly. Then those hosts with those mods decided to play Other Games, and wouldn't let people download the less common maps and would wait a hour just kicking people.

Elitist Players with Mods ruined WCIII for me, really. One mod I really hated was the one that would crash your WCIII Browser if the host decided to kick you.

My opinion is that DOTA turned a strategy game to asimple RPG game. Never liked it and I never will.

I never had a chance to try out DOTA. I always relied on taking and downloading maps from hosts, and as soon as i drop in, bam, i get auto kicked for downloading.

Then i decide to get one of the maps, but there's a billion other DOTAs that have been modified by someone else, so back to square one.

Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Dota is the best thing that happened to W3. Battle.net would die like ages ago i guess, if not Dota. So many ppl go in there just to play it, and no wonder because DoTa is rly awesome. But soon ppl will just go play Heroes of Newerth cause its basicly a copycat with better graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystoman
    Dota is the best thing that happened to W3. Battle.net would die like ages ago i guess, if not Dota. So many ppl go in there just to play it, and no wonder because DoTa is rly awesome. But soon ppl will just go play Heroes of Newerth cause its basicly a copycat with better graphics.
    Dota didn't save Battle.net. Battle.net was awesome before Dota. There was some great RPG multiplayer games.

My love in WC3 will always be the TD's and the World Editor.

Tower Defense is win, too bad I sucked at it :P

Played it lots at school

I've always been a fan of TD's, i really love them. Too bad I always do greedisgood xxxxxx because i hate gaining money from the bottom and has to wait all the time.

TDs FTW.