Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: The Lich King Loot Table, Wintergrasp Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Nolyn
    i could not be more fucking disappointed that they used the same models as the Marrowgar (and other) weapons.
    I mean, really? The Lich King. Drops the same-looking stuff as the first boss. Could they REALLY not come up with something else?
    We can only hope that those are placeholders.

I never thought about it that way, but I think it's funny ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolyn
    i could not be more fucking disappointed that they used the same models as the Marrowgar (and other) weapons.
    Well...actually:
    Quote Originally Posted by dkiller21
    so bryntoll gets its own skin yet none of these do?
    Marrowgar > Lich King.
    The Lich King is only a mere servant of the Mighty Marrowgar. The Lich King hardmode will be Marrowgar in his true form.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin

Sure? Everyone tells blizzard how it is their most important raid boss ever made and often even the last one that makes sense (you didn't. here). It's the Lich King. It's somehow Arthas. Important, yes. Illidan was important too. YOU made such a great bond with Arthas that you think it is the most important. The Lich King is an important raid boss. The most important? Nah, probably recently, that means in WotLK.
    We all know it won't happen, but they still have enough time to add 25H only unique models before anyone gets them.
    I don't personally care much about Arthas, but he's an important lore figure. You could argue that Illidan and KJ are as prominent but then, all their loot was unique, wasn't it? I only played Vanilla and WotLK but people certainly still talk about how much they love the models.

Even if we accept that Arthas is only important in that the encounter is the pinnacle of an expansion pack, that's still the culmination of a massive development cycle; 14 months in release and X months of development.

From all accounts the fight itself is epic and the arena looks great. Can't help but think that they dropped the ball on itemization and model art.

I am kinda hoping these are placeholders...pretty unlikely since this is on live but oh well.

Very disappointing.

No caster weapon without crit? My tree cries with sad.

This add-on itself was a huge disappointment and you've expected a great ending and even nice models for top weapons? Ha! =)

WG gear aint still there? ;O

Quote Originally Posted by Trenai
    WG gear aint still there? ;O
    so much fail in a 5word sentence :P, you lose 3 internets.

i noticed it isnt up either, was checking the looks on new shoulders, link from wowhead shows they look exactly like relentless.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

heeh my bad,blind didnt see that there was new vendor : D

They've got to be fucking kidding.

So I can't have any 271 weapon with haste on the LK?

10+ Year Old Account

Heh... grats Blizzard. One boss full of useless loot for me because Marrowgar's dagger > Arthas' loot as a shadowpriest.

@Elemental shamans: I can feel your pain :/

15+ Year Old Account

damn that flavor text on heroic weapons are sweeet.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

nice and all, but seriously, a great caster weapon with sp, crit and haste that can't be used by all casters since it's a sword?

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice
    Unique models would have been a lot of extra work, but this is the most important raid boss Blizzard have ever made. Surely they could have gritted their teeth and worked a little harder on this one.
    A lot of extra work? If I can pull a guess out of my ass, it would have at most (approvals and team review time aside) taken a couple days for a talented digital artist and 3D modeler to produce. Hell, they could have just added a bunch of skulls and doodads to existing models to make them unique and people would have been happy.
    They should simply line up all the bosses on the roads in Dalaran and then we can just run them over on our mounts and they'll drop emblems like Mario coins.
    - Valaron

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor
    No caster weapon without crit? My tree cries with sad.
    /comfort. Though I too cry on the inside with sad.

I nearly jumped for joy when I saw the stats on Bloodsurge. Then I read on and realised it was yet another sword >. How have the development team not learned their lesson from Quel'delar? All dps casters are crying out for haste and once again those who can't use swords are shafted, not only by the last boss but also by the itemisation of the 1H weapons in the entire 25 man instance. Infact, I'll go so far to say that any healer participating in a LK kill won't be hurting for manaregen by that point and will be gearing towards other stats as well. However we at least have options. Enough options so that the mace from the LK can be turned into a caster weapon and it wouldn't hurt us in the slightest. Infact, if anything, gives me and my holy priest (at the very least :P) another option since I'ld sooner keep my Midnight Sun from the 10 man than that monstrosity of a mace.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Thanks for completely over looking DW DKs. Makes me real excited to get the Lich King down.

Although nice weapons, it is really disappointing that they are in fact nothing special as someone said earlier Illidans gear was something with the omg wow factor, these are same models and just say meh.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Deleted

Looks like noone else has noticed this but there seems to be a bug about that new Wintergrasp Vendor.. he only offers 2 versions of shoulders, one could say a 'resto and a 'moonkin version' only.. the feral version "Titan-Forged Spaulders of Triumph" is actually missing.

Now, it's either a bug or Blizzard has simply forgotten that feral druids can exist.

I've held off from complaining about all the recolored models used throughout the expansion, but I'm pretty damn disappointed about this. The end boss from a storyline that started 7 years ago shouldn't be dropping loot that looks just like everything else in the instance. I mean, even Naxx had more unique weapons than this. Hell, I'd be happier if they reskinned Betrayer of Humanity; so far it has never been. The poor itemization is annoying as well, I mean the higher stat budget on the weapons make them clear upgrades over what else is available, but most are far from ideal. Hell, the only thing I think is great is the flavor text and names.

It seems silly to complain about the looks of items in a game, but after devoting two years of my life (and much longer for many others) and spending $180 a year in addition to the initial cost of the game and all the expansions would lead me to believe that Blizzard ought to have the budget to create new models for what's supposed to be the culmination of one of their longest-running storylines.

But hell, a single brick in Lego Universe has more polygons than an average wow character, I should have seen it coming.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by allakaboom
    wheres the winter grasp helm?
    Eh?As far as i know, there was no new Wintergrasp helm with 3.3.2.The only item that seems to be missing from that vendor is the Feral Druid shoulders.

Created a post on the official forums and opened a ticket regarding the missing(?) "Titan-Forged Spaulders of Triumph" for druids but got no reply yet..