Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Going to try the macros once patches get up.

NIVDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Asus P5LD2
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUS)
    3GB RAM

I can run everything on Ultra in 10mans etc, but in 25man I can go down to 2 FPS if its alot going on, however.. I disabled my combat log and the FPS freezes stopped, now I just gotta increase the FPS abit :P
    Let us know if those macros still work, they're pretty old so chances are that most of them do not work anymore.

Disabling the combat log is always a nice little boost. However, I wouldn't expect to be able to run 25 mans smoothly on such an ancient CPU.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Let us know if those macros still work, they're pretty old so chances are that most of them do not work anymore.

Disabling the combat log is always a nice little boost. However, I wouldn't expect to be able to run 25 mans smoothly on such an ancient CPU.

The macros still works, they lower the grafic, however not sure if it was disabling combat log, macros or the program that did it but I can play 25mans now without any problems. Sure, it's not the best grafic but its playable, no FPS freezes or anything.

a fight like magmaw (that I couldnt do before without looking towards the back). I have no problem at all with.

The macros still works, they lower the grafic. So strange that I can run with everything on ultra for anything but cata 25mans WOTLK I can run with High settings. Oh well, time for a new computer soon anyway and untill then this is playable.

If I were to use the macros to lower the graphics, will me doing that make it harder for me to see the aoe/fire/void zones etc. on bosses in raids? for example, will I be able to see the liquid patches on ascendent coucil or the side in which magmaw will smack the ground with his body, or the puddle/gas clouds in omnitron defense system? I am just asking this cause I really want to use those macro's but I wouldn't know how to change it back to where I could see the aoe ablilities if i where to use the macro's since I didn't see like a macro to change it back.

*subscribing to this thread*
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubmytotem View Post
    If I were to use the macros to lower the graphics, will me doing that make it harder for me to see the aoe/fire/void zones etc. on bosses in raids? for example, will I be able to see the liquid patches on ascendent coucil or the side in which magmaw will smack the ground with his body, or the puddle/gas clouds in omnitron defense system? I am just asking this cause I really want to use those macro's but I wouldn't know how to change it back to where I could see the aoe ablilities if i where to use the macro's since I didn't see like a macro to change it back.
    None of the three macros affect partical density or projected texture display.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    None of the three macros affect partical density or projected texture display.
    sweet, thanks alot! :P

Hi I've got a question related to low fps but I can't find a consisten line :/

Following issue:
    My girlfriend (PC is about 1,5 years old an in good conditions) has FPS drops in certain parts of several instances. For example every time when she's reaching the upper floor of HoO FPS go down to 1 FPS while the rest of the instance they everything went fluently.When she relogs everything fine again
    Another example: Shadowfang Keep: Firste few rooms no problems. Room of the second boss FPS-Drop. She relogs everything is fine again. after boss the hallway to 3rd boss -> fps drop. again relog fine until room of 3rd boss -> fps drop and so on.

I got (pc some months old) the same issues occured but only in hellfire citadel when we run for guild achievements. coilfang and so on, every catainstance everything is allright.

Anyone got an idea why the FPS drops are only in certain areas of some intances and what we can do to solve the problem? its really annoying for my girlfriend as it's also for the rest of the group we normally run with cause of waiting

edit: again every runs smooth in other parts of the whole wow world with (don't nail me on that) 50/60+ FPS
    German guy speaking bad english :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank You! for this thread.
    i got 200 fps without v sync.
    ill have to see how it works in raids.
    Thanks again man.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm.... I all ways wondered about this.
    I get about only 20-50 fps in wow. The thing is also that this is only in wow! Other games I get a higher FPS..

I have a ati Radeon HD 4870x2(2g)
    And my cpu is a Intel(R) Core2 Quad CPI Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz

My cpu is beast in my opinion how it is Quad Core but its way under 2.8 Ghz.... Do you recommend me to OverClock it over 2.8? I don't worry much about heating how its being cooled by a intercoolent system.

Another prob I usually get is I have to play wow with med shadow settings or I will get 5-10 fps.(I use to play it with high when I had my nvida sli gtx 250 cards in)

Any suggestions?
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Deleted
    Thank You! for this thread.
    i got 200 fps without v sync.
    ill have to see how it works in raids.
    Thanks again man.
    If your screens refresh rate is 60hz then 140 frames arent even reaching your monitor. 60hz can display 60 frames per second.

hmm.... I all ways wondered about this.
    I get about only 20-50 fps in wow. The thing is also that this is only in wow! Other games I get a higher FPS..

I have a ati Radeon HD 4870x2(2g)
    And my cpu is a Intel(R) Core2 Quad CPI Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz

My cpu is beast in my opinion how it is Quad Core but its way under 2.8 Ghz.... Do you recommend me to OverClock it over 2.8? I don't worry much about heating how its being cooled by a intercoolent system.

Any suggestions?
    Well. WoW is probably the most CPU hungry game out there. And no your CPU isnt a beast at all by todays standards. Sorry
    only ONE of your 4870's could easily run WoW. The problem is your CPU.

Although my irl friend has a Q9300 @ 2.5ghz with a 9600gt. He was also getting that kind of fps. He bought a HD 6870 so he could run WoW in DX11 mode and now hes constant 60. (Not raids of course). Because DX11 on WoW gives more work to your GPU

Another prob I usually get is I have to play wow with med shadow settings or I will get 5-10 fps.(I use to play it with high when I had my nvida sli gtx 250 cards in)
    WoW shadows are mostly run on your CPU. But if you mean GTS 250 then 2x GTS 250 is worse than 2x HD 4870. If you mean GTX 260 then its quite on par with the HD 4870.
    4870 = Radeon equivalent for GeForce GTX 260
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2011-03-26 at 02:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've doubled my frame rate holy @%@!

Thank you so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    If your screens refresh rate is 60hz then 140 frames arent even reaching your monitor. 60hz can display 60 frames per second.

Well. WoW is probably the most CPU hungry game out there. And no your CPU isnt a beast at all by todays standards. Sorry
    only ONE of your 4870's could easily run WoW. The problem is your CPU.

Although my irl friend has a Q9300 @ 2.5ghz with a 9600gt. He was also getting that kind of fps. He bought a HD 6870 so he could run WoW in DX11 mode and now hes constant 60. (Not raids of course). Because DX11 on WoW gives more work to your GPU

WoW shadows are mostly run on your CPU. But if you mean GTS 250 then 2x GTS 250 is worse than 2x HD 4870. If you mean GTX 260 then its quite on par with the HD 4870.
    4870 = Radeon equivalent for GeForce GTX 260
    Ahhhhhh... But do you think I should look up and over clock it to get a extra few frames?
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Deleted
    If you have the cooling then yes.

Deleted
    thanks guys - helped me a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just chiming in with a few updates.

/console m2Faster 1
    M2Faster doesn't really do anything now. It basically just splits threads up further (to my understanding). 3 = 3 extra threads (four total), 2 = 2 extra threads (three total), 1 = 1 extra thread, 0 = just one thread. The default/best value is 3 on systems that are capable of it. Lower values may actually hinder performance instead of help it on multi-core systems. In the end, you just don't want to touch this CVar. You won't gain anything from it.

/console timingmethod 1
    Don't touch timingMethod unless you explicitly know what you're doing. World of Warcraft automatically checks this by seeing if cores are properly synced. Changing it may negatively impact performance. The automatic detection algorithm is quite good as it is.

Also, a few of those CVars no longer exist in the game. They will do absolutely nothing.

Game Booster
    This is really nothing more than snake oil. The background stuff it disables has an unbelievably small footprint. Even gains of 1% would be on the high end here. In the end, it's best to just not use it.

Also, you may want to include information about D3D11. That API significantly improves framerates on systems with shader model 4.0/5.0-capable video cards running Windows Vista or 7. If D3D11 isn't available, it's also possible to manually set the gxTextureCacheSize CVar for D3D9 to make better use of your GPU's VRAM. I posted some information about doing this on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154288#3

Also, there's a "bug" with Radeon 5000-series cards that causes Flash hardware-accelerated content to drop clock speeds to 400MHz. I have written another post detailing this here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127153390

That bug dramatically hinders framerates on systems that it affects. Disabling Flash hardware acceleration can more than triple FPS on affected graphics configurations.

That's all for now, but I'll likely suggest a few more revisions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiack View Post
    Just chiming in with a few updates.

The default/best value is 3 on systems that are capable of it. Lower values may actually hinder performance instead of help it on multi-core systems.

Don't touch timingMethod unless you explicitly know what you're doing.

This is really nothing more than snake oil. The background stuff it disables has an unbelievably small footprint. Even gains of 1% would be on the high end here.
    Just pointing out that the thread is aimed mostly for extreme low end computers trying to make the game somewhat playable, not to get more speed out of high end systems. In those environments (like when you're running with 1GB RAM only) things like GameBooster really do help quite significantly and people are happy to try tweak with anything that may or might not help (the cVars) instead of going to computer store.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to the /wtf/config.wtf and there isn't any line in there that is called affinity

Ctrl-F "affinity"

no results

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    I went to the /wtf/config.wtf and there isn't any line in there that is called affinity

Ctrl-F "affinity"

no results
    There won't be until you add it.

Yeah you should really just spend a hundred bucks and upgrade your CPU.

Hello, not sure if i need to make new topic or to write my problem here but anyway.
    This is my comp:
    CPU QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)
    Motherboard Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR
    GPU ATI Radeon HD 4870 (512 MB)
    2x2Gb Kingmax (800Hz)
    PSU 450VX Corsair
    Hard disc Seagate 1TB, Serial ATA II, 7200 rpm
    Windows 7 64bit

I'm playing Wow with combatlog off, nothing is running in background and everything is set on low except particle density and view distance on good, since im hardcore raider and i need those things.
    I'm 25 raider so in raids i have max 20 fps but most of the time its around 12-13 and its so spiking. I don't use Recount i use Skada tho but its not hurting my fps atleast its the same with it or w/o. I play on 1680x1050 which is reccomended. I'm seeing on forums its proly my processor what drags me. So my question is should i get someone to overclock my proccessor or should i buy new stronger one.
    Thanks in advance