Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    This is not like hiding away in a brain room while watching "Evade" fly over the heads of countless mobs. It was a bug in the encounter which was happening by a player doing what they do in every fight.

Imagine if Lich King was so bugged that he was one shot by one saronite bomb. What then? Ban them because the rogue did what he does on every fight? I am not an Ensidia fan or supporter... but like I said to our guild last night, if we were on him, the same shit would happen to us because our one engineer rogue constantly uses saronite nades.

Are people actually saying that Ensidia should have known what was happening in an encounter that was being seen for the first time? They should have some how magically noticed that grenades that were doing no other damage than the damage to the NPC's were the reason?

That's like saying the driver behind the wheel should have known there was a screw loose in his chassis.
    NO... you are taking their word not proof... The proof is in Blizz banned them and wouldn't do that without reason.... Blizz has all of their chat logs and wouldn't ban one of their Fav guilds Ensidia... So there was complete reason for blizz to ban them and everyone with any sense knows this...

To the bolded part.. The damage over no ones head except the NPC's should have been reason enough to stop using them, and also give them reason to think something was bugged... So yes is your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mistreseliza
    I doubt the reliability or legitness (invented words for the win) of the original post in which this that I'm about to say is contained but...

Apparently they did notice they bugged it when the Guild Master said "Whatever you did, do it again on the next phase".

This would cover the first bolded part. The second bolder part (from "magically knowing").. well, if they had noticed at first there was something bugged, they could have, while fighting, asked people what they did, and most likely would have had a few suspicious culprit of the bug, then would have proceeded to test each and everyone separately to see which one triggered it. Thus knowing what in fact did do it and then asking not to do so again.
    Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

I mean, I could make a new account saying that I'm working for Blizzard and that the ban was a horrible mistake. Would you believe that too?
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

I love how most of you except for a select few are trolling this like it's the end of the world.

It really doesn't matter if this is real or fake.

It's just a game..a good game at that..but a game in the end.

Cut the guild some slack and just leave them alone, I think they're getting enough sh*t as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrock

this alone shows that this isnt a real member. no one gives a flying fuck about normal mode kills. if an ensidia player was going to compete with another it would be on h-LK...
    You need to kill normal lich king to even open hard modes thus it makes it a kill as important as any hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil
    I love how most of you except for a select few are trolling this like it's the end of the world.

It really doesn't matter if this is real or fake.

It's just a game..a good game at that..but a game in the end.

Cut the guild some slack and just leave them alone, I think they're getting enough sh*t as is.
    Tbh, imo, They aren't getting enough sh*t, esp after the way they flamed Exodus on here for xploitin.. They need about 8 more threads of ppl "busting their balls" for the cheap sh*t they pulled... They deserve every moment of what they are getting... Karma is a Bi*ch

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol
    maybe he should have put in a ticket then?
    Not going to work. Tickets on that server i would think would take about as long on my server (Magtheridon EU) which is anything between about 10 hours and a week.And if they would've instantly answered the ticket because they were observing then there really shoul've been no need for a ticket because they would've realised what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    Nice logic there. One bug, and Blizzard should fuck themselves. Wow..
    One huge bug in the final instance of the expansion, not to mention the various bugs in every other raid instance they've made. As for this specific bug, if they had people testing it properly they would've realised a while ago that Rogues were switching to engineering to up dps and had rogues use saronite bombs or even a rogue using them during the encounter to cover all angles.

I don't agree with "Blizzard should fuck themselves" but i do think that for something as trivial as the ablilty to instantly ding your professions and use a saronite bomb in your rotation as a means of testing the encounter the way that people will play it is a mistake on their part. Its all about quality control and they very clearly fell short of providing a polished encounter.

this is 100% blizzards fault. they were the ones that wanted to make LK harder by not putting it on the PTR. its blizzards fault they didnt have mechanic breaking bugs removed before it went live. they obviously didnt have enough internal testers, or good enough internal testers to get the kinks out of the fight.

blizzards internal testers should have someone using engi and using saronite bombs during combat. why? because its possible in the game.
    a small man carrying a large stick still dies to a shotgun in the face.

Blizzard are probably pissed that they made the mighty Lich King so easy that people could kill him the first day..

Quote Originally Posted by SirRavin
    end of thread. lol

O and also to add to my above post..

more on topic.. My proof that they xploited and deserved it is---BLIZZARD BANNED THEM... ALL I NEED..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozik
    To the bolded part.. The damage over no ones head except the NPC's should have been reason enough to stop using them, and also give them reason to think something was bugged... So yes is your answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Of course, all these screenshots are based on text logs and I do realize that they can be modified easily (but it does look like a lot of work to include so many entries). The only "wrong" thing Ensidia did is to keep going and kill the boss with the bug because they had no way to identify the source of the problem. Even going through raw combat logs wouldn't help because it looks like they only show Saronite Bomb damaging NPCs.
    While this entire topic just makes me lol, have a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by member9889
    This post is made after thinking very hard and against the wishes of some of my closest friends.

This letter also represent me saying my peace before my road ahead as a gamer.

Before I begin let me attest that I will not be reading replies to it, will not be answering questions or hate replies, as a matter of fact this is why this post came into fruition.

In regards to "the incident" Ensidia was involved in, first and foremost let me assure you that we are not cheaters, not in the sense most people are referring to us.

During the LK fight we noticed something was different then the other 3 tries. No we did not power level engineering for the fight, we first noticed something was wrong right then and there. I was too focused on my role to notice what was happening, in retrospect, it happened so fast, I simply heard two or three people saying in vent "Whoa, did you see that?" followed by our raid leader stating "Whatever you did just now, do it again next phase." This happened in fraps as well as in two or three raid warnings. This is why the fraps will never be released unless some serious editing and music background is added, one member stated we should just voice over again and reenact the whole fight without the mentioning of this glitch and edit the raid warning frame by frame. He was told not to worry about it. Let me assure you this mentality is only present in the corrupt few found in most large and elite organizations.

We had no idea at first that the saronite bombs were the culprit, as a matter of fact three or four people thought they were responsible for the "glitch", thinking whatever action they took was causing the glitch, including the rogue in question.

You have to understand what its like to be in a guild capable of a world first, this would have been my first "world first" and it was just too overwhelming.
    When the adrenaline is pumping the last thing on your mind is "Is what were doing right?" trust me when I say this, the fight is so busy with so many mechanics to worry about.

You will never understand the level of competition WHITHIN ENSIDIA ITSELF between the healers, DPS and tanking. There is another player (same class and role as me) who consistently boasts about how he is Ensidias #1 (his class) and he wasnt present at the LK kill, so in my mind I was thinking "This is it, this will finally shut him up."

So for those who are under the impression that this "incident" was thought out and planned...it was not, believe me.

Now as to why Im making this post.

I know what the consequences are and honestly, most of us think a 72 hour ban is a joke, some were even laughing about it at our vent meeting. Three days is a good time to go over the freaps (yes there was one and it will never be released, believe me), review healing and DPS rotations, go over the reports etc.

I disagree. I think the shame alone and the reputation of Ensidias players will be the real punishment. to some Im dreading logging on and reading /2 or getting the tells about this event, and im not the only one.

As I stated above, my plans are to do a name/server change and start over, maybe find another elite guild and work my way in, I have no animosity towards Ensidia, I just dont want to deal with the tells and /2.

I cant say Im ashamed tho some are, as I stated before, this was NOT premeditated, it just happened. Ive seen posts saying we should have wiped wwhen we saw something was wrong and maybe we should have, but I ask that everyone do a bit of soul searching and see if you would wipe and have your whole guild hating you.

I will not be reading the replies to this, nor will I want to talk about it in game with anyone, I just want this to go away.

Several members already stated they will do the same thing, not due to this event but due to the fact of how our guild handled it.

Some of us asked that an official statement be made by our leaders and to just "own up to it", but this idea was quickly shut down.
    All I can say at this point is ask for the gaming community apology for my involvement and my involvement only

I know some will say Im a troll, others that the letter is fake, and some that this isnt how it happened and that this is a cover up. I dont care, and will not be looking back.

This is the viewpoint of the LK "incident" from one participant and not of Ensidia as a guild.

Anonymous. (duh)
    Why are you trying to justify your actions by saying that "the adrenaline was pumping"? Rather, it was the adrenaline that must've brought out your true side, emphasizing the corruption you were willing to take of your own ethics just to be "better than your peers" and to be famous for a world first.

And your response to this humiliation is to run away from it? To change servers and names and hope nobody ever finds out where you've gone? If you really want to put this behind you, admit that what you did was wrong. Accept the fact that you gave in to a moment of weakness and make a public statement that you will do things differently from now on. People may not forgive you, but they can hold nothing over your head.

As for the asshole in your group that suggested they ought to edit the video, if your guild has not booted him by now he is speaking on behalf of everyone. To let such people exist within a community that is supposed to be productive is to poison the community from within.

While i can understand, somewhat, where blizzard stands on this subject, the simple matter is this a failure on Blizzard's part, NOT the guild's, and not the player in question.

The fight was withheld from the PTR's, understandably so, so that there WOULD be at least one fight that players couldnt already have an entire strategy planned out. The most anyone player or guild got was LK's abilities. What phase these were used in, how they were used, etc, nothing was truely known.

So having said that, how are we to blame a player, in one of the world's best raiding guilds, for doing something to improve his DPS? How many times have players found bugs and INTENTIONALY exploited them? This was not the case, as stated, he just did what he always did. Check their' World of Logs reports, exactly the same as before as far as what he was doing. I've heard rumor that the Blizz developers regularly check the forums that are more heavily linked with being an "elitist." On more than one forum, it was stated, using the explosives from engineering, if you are one, improves your DPS.

So with that said. Would you not use your explosives? It not like the report says the platform was being rebuilt, so of course no one has any idea who did what to cause it to do that. Also to me this points out how very blatantly Blizzard ignores their own work. They add a new kind of damage to an item that is instant cast and expect no one to use them. Then when the push comes to shove, and their new work (siege damage) causes a bug, who is at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciege
    While i can understand, somewhat, where blizzard stands on this subject, the simple matter is this a failure on Blizzard's part, NOT the guild's, and not the player in question.

The fight was withheld from the PTR's, understandably so, so that there WOULD be at least one fight that players couldnt already have an entire strategy planned out. The most anyone player or guild got was LK's abilities. What phase these were used in, how they were used, etc, nothing was truely known.

So having said that, how are we to blame a player, in one of the world's best raiding guilds, for doing something to improve his DPS? How many times have players found bugs and INTENTIONALY exploited them? This was not the case, as stated, he just did what he always did. Check their' World of Logs reports, exactly the same as before as far as what he was doing. I've heard rumor that the Blizz developers regularly check the forums that are more heavily linked with being an "elitist." On more than one forum, it was stated, using the explosives from engineering, if you are one, improves your DPS.

So with that said. Would you not use your explosives? It not like the report says the platform was being rebuilt, so of course no one has any idea who did what to cause it to do that. Also to me this points out how very blatantly Blizzard ignores their own work. They add a new kind of damage to an item that is instant cast and expect no one to use them. Then when the push comes to shove, and their new work (siege damage) causes a bug, who is at fault?
    Look, its very simple... Ensidia would of posted a Video a LOOOOOOONNNGG time ago of what happened if they were remotely innocent... The Facts are Blizz knows what happened and Ensidia isn't fighting it because simply they were xploitin...

Who is at fault?? Well the ppl that are banned of course...

For fucks sake, you people go off on this "Incident" like it was some natural disaster that had some major effect in real life. WoW is a game where nerds can escape their nerd lives and be someone they never will be. Midgets can be tauren, tall people can be gnomes, furrys can be worgen when they're released etc, it makes everyone happy. Stop acting like this is some huge event with an impact on real life. Hundreds of thousands of people just died in an earthquake in haiti and 90% of the mmo champ population at the moment is more worried about what 25 people who "killed" a "king" of the "undead" in a videogame with an exploit. It's just sad, really, go outside get a breathe of fresh air. On topic, I could care less if Ensidia exploited deliberetly to get their world first kill, they deserved the ban for exploiting in general, I dont know if the creator of this post is really from ensidia or not, but the fact the raid leader said "whatever you just did, do it again, next phase" or whatever, is enough proof that they exploited some sort of mechanic/glitch in the game without knowing what it is. It was obvious from the 10 man encounter that the floor should not respawn parts, even if they didn't know the saronite bombs where causing this glitch, they should have stopped,looked at the posibilities and stop them. Saronite bombs, with the tooltip mentioning siege damage should be taken out of the fight alltogether, any other possible occurnce should be done away with as well. Ensidia is a great guild they could still get the world first either way, exploit or not. It was bad judgement on their part to partake in an exploit, but many top raiding guilds have had controversy over exploitation of the game for world firsts. I dont care if it's world first sargeras kill when he's not even released yet, it's a VIDEOGAME first. videogames have zippo effect on your real life. A world first means absolutely nothing. It's a shame a guild like ensidia which many people get their information on how to improve from and whatnot took this path, and punishment fits the crime. If ensidia had any decency they'd either come out of the closet and admit they abused the glitch knowing it was the saronite bombs, release the fraps which there most certainly are, and anything else having to do with the fight where the exploit occured, or any other necessary information previously discussed. I would rather look up to someone who admits they have a problem and want to correct it, than someone in denial. to bad a videogame got to some group of nerds heads and they became cocky, ruining it for everyone. To finish my thoughts, I think it is reasonable to put some blame on blizzard for not testing things like saronite bombs out. They watch guilds test their fights, they know what top players like in ensidia are using in their rotations, saronite bombs being one of them, they should have known to check its effects on a boss like this. The LAST boss of an entire EXPANSION, pity that blizzard made the lich king, leader of the scourge, focal point of our $30+$15x(h/e many months you've played), a group of pixels "killable" within first few hours of it's release. Didn't yogg-saron, a boss from 2 content patchs ago, only "tier 2" of the expansion take months to down if I believe? Get real blizzard, you assured us the lich king fight would be epic and impossible and not a let down. Well, you like always, let us down once again. No matter how you put it. Punishment fits the crime, in the words of Dwight Shrute - the office.

-Spaz

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Even though i think it was unfair, it doesn't matter. When they play the game they agree to the ToS and such, which states Blizzard has the right to close an account for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by baconwing
    this is 100% blizzards fault.
    they are somewhat guilty, but it's not 100% their fault. ensidia's players KNEW something was WRONG. yet, they kept on playing.

Quote Originally Posted by baconwing
    blizzards internal testers should have someone using engi and using saronite bombs during combat. why? because its possible in the game.
    if you were to test every single possibility of a game on every single situation a player will encounter, even DNF would be out before your game is.

yet, this is where part of blizzard's fault lies. it is not just possible, rogues using sarobombs has been discussed so many times it is now a common occurence on every single fight in ICC (and even prior to ICC). therefore any bug involving sarobombs is a programming malpractice that should never have made it past the gates of an alpha test.

the other part of their fault lies in their "close" watch over 25man lich king attempt. you won't make anyone believe there were no one watching things over, especially on THIS fight, especially when a world first is at stake. you won't make anyone believe ensidia were the only ones to notice the bug. blizzard KNEW there was something fishy about this peculiar area of the room. they should have stopped things the very second that bug popped up.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

The Thing i Don't get is that after they got the world first they didn't then go to Blizzard even if they still did get the achivemnt stripped and the loot lost the fight is still gonna be there and you can always get the 25m achivemnt yeah you wont get the world fist ttile but hey why do you need to shout to the world that you did it if you vidoetapped it you can prove it and you don't need a piece of code and data to prove it otherwise

I haven't killed him, and dont care to, pvp is more interesting to me. I used to pve up until ICC then got bored of it. I think I'd like to see your armory link to your 10/25 man kill of the lich king. You shouldn't be hating if you yourself cant stand up for what your accusations are. I also know the mechanics ofthe fight. I reccomend you get back under ensidias dinner table and get back to sucking their erect genitals while they sit on their laptops playing WoW.