Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: Lich King US First Kill, Tanking Changes

As someone with both fully geared Pally and warrior tank i can say that AD is not the OP! LS is! So sure, make AD into LS for pallys to and then we can speak of OP pally! I rather take the Hp buff from LS then die and get me back to 13-15 k hp! Its a huge diffrent in survivability between them!

I rather take the Hp buff from LS then die and get me back to 13-15 k hp!
    You are retarded then.
    Let me explain why so I don't appear to be a troll.

Ardent Defender - saves you from ANY hit that takes you below 0 hp no matter how much it hits you for.
    Explanation - you can take a 60-70k hit that was supposed to be mitigated by something and still live. More specifically, you get stunned on a fight like Anub Arak in which you can't dodge/parry and you take a few unmitigated hits. You're still fine. But you can't hit Last Stand if your stunned. And you certain can't hit Last Stand every time he stuns you.

Last stand is an ability that you have to proactively use. You normally save it for when you know you will need it. However, you have to know when to need it. But normally you can just use shield wall for those things and be fine.

From a raiding perspective, you must be able to see how much more valuable Ardent Defender is. Especially in a 25-man raid. You constantly have at least one healer who is focused on healing you the whole time. You almost always have other healers who are looking at their raid frames and tossing a heal your way every now and then when they can. Now in a raid there are many times where your tank healer(s) need to move or they die, and the healing on you gets sucky. With Last Stand, you may see yourself drop to 1/4 health and think "oh crap I need to pop LS" and then the very next second you are healed for 40k by 3-4 different healers and you just wasted it. With Ardent Defender, you don't even have to worry about it. If the heals get behind AND you get an unlucky string of hits... or those heals are a split second late, Ardent Defender will keep you alive.

Another more simplified example - Let's say a boss is hitting you for 20-25k hits. He knocks you down to 5k health while your tank healer is either moving or dying. You pop Last Stand for 30% of your health which for most tanks is like 16-18k. So you go up to... 23k health, and then he hits you again for 25k and you die. With Ardent Defender, you have 5k health, he hits you for 25k and your AD procs and instead of dying, you actually gain health from his hit (also, if you have a good UI that flashes your screen saying "AD HAS PROC'D" you can also through a Lay on Hands on yourself immediately afterward... the combination being 10x more effective than warrior cooldowns).

Ardent Defender is basically a Guardian Spirit that you don't have to ever cast and it is the MAIN reason paladins are currently the best tanking class in the game. To say LS is better is just absurd.

To everyone who says that AD is broken because its passive:

You are correct but seriously, give up explaining it to those who think its ok. You will go in an endless circle, repeating the same arguements over and over again and NEVER get through their thick Ardent heads, because they are either trolling to see how many times they can make you repeat yourselves or are just that damn dense that they do not understand the logical arguements against the current state of Ardent Defender and how OP it is.

To everyone who actually thinks AD is fine (not those who know its broken but argue for it since you're a paladin and don't want it to get nerfed--stop trolling, we get it, you won't admit its OP but know it is. We know it too):

Since none of the previous arguements will do ANYTHING to convince you as you seem to either not read the posts or just don't get it, try rolling a different tank class.
    Any kind.

Do it on live or PTR and see if the tanking cooldowns of other classes are actually comparable to Ardent Defender.

And don't go replying with crap like "lol I have ten 80s and know every tank class, so ur wrong lol." If you do you are automatically a liar as you either have not played other tank classes or have and know DAMN WELL that AD is broken.

Shut up, I'm right.

dk buff :