Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Lich King 10 man

So yesterday I got the chance get some attempts on LK 10man. I usually don't go into 10 mans since I find it hard to fit in my schedule. The group consisted of mostly mains but we had a few alts and offspeccers. As soon as we started, I noticed our tanks are getting cracked. This meant continuous holy light spamming throughout p1 while DPing every cd. I usually use libram of veracity of blinding light but had to switch to renewal for this. At the end of the phase, my mana usually drops to 20%-35%. What I did was have beacon on the tank with adds (offspec druid) while spamming the MT (alt prot pally). Everyone is alive this phase but with my low mana, I had to be smart during the next phases. We used 3 healers for this; holy pally (me), resto druid, and rest shaman. Was wondering if any other holy pallies was experiencing this problem or if I just need to deal with it.

Armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Meepijuana

Re: Healing Lich King 10 man

I have never ran into this problem unless the other healers are doing very low hps...It all revolves around them and yourself. Beacon the MT and heal the raid is what I do...I have tried a new type of healing which I call the "Heal and Go" lol. whoever takes a little damage just toss a flash of light to them...let me try to explain a little better how I heal.

Before fight...

Beacon -MT
    Sacred Shield -MT
    Flash -MT

Keep all of these up at all times

When fight starts...

Judgment the boss with seal of light - make sure no other pallies are using this

During fight...

Maintain the Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield with the flash, and Judgment of Light on boss

This allows you to not spam the tank but raid while healing the same amount to the tank...2 birds one stone.

IF YOU ARE ON THE RUN

holy shock who needs it the most...if a crit use flash on who needs the most

basic stuff you should know already.

I helps when the other healers know what to do. If the other healers have low HPS in ICC or anything for that matter holy pallies mana gets depleeted very fast. Its all a group effort but if you understand your role and I hope this helps then you should be fine.

One quick suggestion...during a low hitting phase or if noone is getting hit for an extended amount of time...pop all CD avenging wrath if you havnt bubbled, Divine Illumination, Divine Favor, Divine Plea, and of course trinkets. This allows you to obtain the 25% mana back while not lossing to much if at all healing reduction.

BTW I have to change specs...don't look at that but realms are down atm.

I've never had a problem holy light spamming for a whole fight, it's just a test to see how you use your CDs.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

damn.. you go OOM with that kind of gear? =P

anyways, this is something useful i found yesterday when I was bored... you may find it useful

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84922-h...pendium_3_3_a/

scroll down to see healing strategies for ToC and ICC

Use every available mana regen option available (always)
    - Melee the boss (JoW)
    - Innervates from your resto druid
    - Mana Tide from the resto Shaman
    - Lay on Hands yourself
    - Pot
    - Divine Plea (as little as possible)

Also, are you running with replenishment? That massive mana pool of yours will help much more if you are. running with a ret paladin, shadow priest, or survival hunter.

Also, not that this will help your mana issues but your haste is very low. Once you have the mana bar under control you might look at replacing some of those crit/mp5 pieces.

Don't ask for help here, the "holy paladin gurus" here haven't seen anub p3 heroic. The answers you are getting are the typical teacher pleaser answers that they give to any random scrub asking for help. Abrasive, but the truth.

I have more gear than you w/ double solace, and if i'm not careful I will start to have mana issues. Spamming holy light for 4 minutes because the tanks get hit for 20-40k isn't fun, its the nature of the fight. Make sure you're regenning as much mana during the transition phases.

For specific help: stack on melee and sneak in an auto attack or two during p1, theres no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession
    Don't ask for help here, the "holy paladin gurus" here haven't seen anub p3 heroic. The answers you are getting are the typical teacher pleaser answers that they give to any random scrub asking for help. Abrasive, but the truth.

I have more gear than you w/ double solace, and if i'm not careful I will start to have mana issues. Spamming holy light for 4 minutes because the tanks get hit for 20-40k isn't fun, its the nature of the fight. Make sure you're regenning as much mana during the transition phases.

For specific help: stack on melee and sneak in an auto attack or two during p1, theres no reason not to.
    Yea I wasn't getting the responses I expected. I know how to heal, it's not what I asked for. If the LK would have been like everything else, I would be dropping int as I end with so much mana in other fights. It's only p1 in the LK fight I seem to be dumping my mana. I compared the healing done to another group's meters and saw their shaman was doing much more healing than what ours did.

P1 is rough on everyone's mana; you're definitely not alone. I talked to two of the holy paladins that did it day 1 and they said they needed an innervate. Best of luck on 'the Kingslayer'.

only 500 haste with that much crit and mp5 i also wonder about your use of mana. cuz i can 9 man princess (a dps dc'd all fight) and hl spammed whole fight with less mp5, less crit, no replenishment, and 400 more haste.

i will say this once. Lich King p1 lasts nearly as long as the 12 other bosses full fight; your experience on princess has no bearing on a phase where 100% of the spells are holy light and you still need a full mana bar going in to p2 because the lich king will still melee the tank for 20k.

In a thread about the lich king, don't tell us about your experiences in a pug on marrowgar.

sorry we don't work on 10 man even 1/5th that of 25 man. my alt has killed more 10 man bosses in icc then my main.

u can craft the mail boots easily for uprade, more haste, more int, u can use the exalted rep ring, bis, more int, more haste blah blah blah.

just because u are working on 10 man lich king does not mean u are best healer in the world. u can still have poor gear choices and stats, and maybe if u had better choices in those area's, or did more 25 man content and hard modes, you would be better at the 10 man fight u are on.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    sorry we don't work on 10 man even 1/5th that of 25 man. my alt has killed more 10 man bosses in icc then my main.

u can craft the mail boots easily for uprade, more haste, more int, u can use the exalted rep ring, bis, more int, more haste blah blah blah.

just because u are working on 10 man lich king does not mean u are best healer in the world. u can still have poor gear choices and stats, and maybe if u had better choices in those area's, or did more 25 man content and hard modes, you would be better at the 10 man fight u are on.
    Thanks for your concern, but I have all of the 25 gear I need. The same mana problems are existent in 25 LK; and of the paladins I asked about it did it day one, just as I said.

well, good for u cookie monster, your award is in the mail.

the op is NOT in bis, not even close, many changes he can make to improve, doesn't matter if he's fighting lich king or anub.

10+ Year Old Account

Although Obsession is really coming across like a douche bag, he is correct in this sense. Mana on the LK fight is tough for all classes, but I find that standing up in melee range and getting a few whacks in help to keep me at around 50%+ mana after phase 1 and just deal with what I have, which has been tough so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession

I have done P3 Heroic Anub'urak >.>
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis
    Although Obsession is really coming across like a douche bag, he is correct in this sense. Mana on the LK fight is tough for all classes, but I find that standing up in melee range and getting a few whacks in help to keep me at around 50%+ mana after phase 1 and just deal with what I have, which has been tough so far.
    I edited it to fix that; was just trying to make a point. Our resto druid used glyph of innervate for that fight. And hunters were even discussing non-unlimited mana. Hopefully it is better this week as the whole raid becomes more familiar.

Its likely that you're going to DP alot

I didn't have too much trouble HL spamming when we did LK 25 but I did need an innervate. Make sure your other healers are pulling their weight. There's really nothing you can do other than HL spam during P1 which limits your mana conservation options.

Quote from: Primaul on November 20, 2009, 09:59:45 am
    Legendary items are just that, legendary. If everyone has one (and it's very easy to get) then it ceases to be legendary, just orange.

Epic items are just that, epic. If everyone has one (and it's very easy to get) then it ceases to be epic, just purple.

Thanks Shahh

So Obessession?
    Time to take that paladin guru comment back?