Poll: Wich class is the best PvP healers in both single and multitarget situations?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Best PvP healers

Cyclone is indeed a very good spell, but other healers have their own, albeit lesser, forms of CC.

I really wouldn't say Druids are the best healer. They are fairly easily counterable with well-timed switches, all it takes is for the opposing team to not be tunneling retards Of course taking into consideration the average MMO poster I guess I'm not so surprised the poll results are what they are. Plus dispel spam and less than optimal burst healing makes Rdruids have a pretty significant hole in their healing repertoire.

The best healer strictly in the sense of healing output and capabilities would be the priest. Simply the most versatile, with a good mix of cds, offensive and defensive capabilities, and variety of spells to cover all situations. Their weakness is also usually covered by their partners (again, stop tunneling and peel your priest already :P)

My main is this guy but my main alt (haha) is a Resto Druid (Liefellen, Shattered Hand, US). Since I know how both of these classes work I know how to bring them down: whenever my Warlock team goes against a Resto Druid team we just tunnel a target. Once Nature's Swiftness is used I call out to switch to the Druid because they fall really fast. Oh and my comp (Destro Lock/Frost Mage/Resto Shaman) is just starting but has not lost to a Resto Druid team.

When I'm on my Druid I know this is what the other team is trying to go for so I try to have my other CDs (Barkskin and Swiftmend) available to survive. Sometimes it works but other times not. In some situations (basically not well monitored) Resto Druids are crazy OP but not like what they used to be by any means.

I find a very well played Resto Shaman nearly impossible to kill with well timed Grounding and Tremor Totems. Priests and Holy Paladins (particularly the latter) I find to be easier to down. Also, because of Water Shield, Shamans never seem to run OOM lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    Alright, feel free to discuss, imo, resto Druids beats everything, rejuv+WG is OP if you group is in front of some hordies. They are almost impossible to kill, ther HoTs is still ticking while stunned, feared etc etc.
    H pallys are pretty amazing, I would say more so then druids or priests, its just most people have no idea wtf they are doing on one.

You got immunities, 2 timers that keep you immune to CC(with minor exceptions), a stun, ranged 40 yard judgment to force combat, alot of non castible healers now, a shield, high AR, very high SP, PLEA(innervate with shorter timer), ability to cleanse most debuffs, freedom, targetible immunity spell, etc

All kinds of utility, not to mention the synergy between a hunter and pally is insane, you can toss almost any DPS class in with a hunter/pally set up and have a successful 3v3 team.

I have a rshaman, disc priest, and h pally, and the easiest most effective healer is by far a pally.

I enjoy my priest alot more though since I can also almost 2 shot people as well.

Rshaman's have it the worse, they are so susceptible to a rush down zerg its not even funny.

imo resto sham's are great healers i have nevr had a problem with a shaman not being able to heal me plus totems are awesome. and also who doesnt like a holy paldin being ale to heal you from almost dead to near full health plus its hard to kill a hly paladn they have so many ways to escape death, bubble, LOH,BOF, etc you know... also shaman have ghost wolf toget backedup or to get away
    Verfan Druid 80 5.1k GS Blackrock
    Zoolt Hunter 80 5.7k GS Blackrock
    Broorogue Rogue 70 Coilfang
    Twohearts Paladin 70 Coilfang
    Motorskills Shaman 45 Blackrock

Disc priests are by far the best imo. They have amazing healing/damage absorption abilities as well as mana burn, mass dispel, fear, and dps capabilities. Resto Shamans are only as good as they are because of Bloodlust in Spellcleave teams. Druids are the second best because of all their hots and not being able to be sheeped along with their CC capability (cyclone spam and bear form bash)

As resilience and healing become more effective, pro-active healing (HoTs + Shields) get exponentially better.

The law of arena healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    Cyclone is waaaaaaay too OP atm,i mean, no heal, dmg
    taken, can't doo anything at all and you can't even iceblock/divine shield out of it, I'm not sure about pvp trinket tho but still. I play resto Druid (me) and retri pala in 2v2. Tacts is easy if our opponents is unskilled, pala repetance one and go zerging the other guy. When repetance is over, I'll chain-cyclone him, 10 sec in total. If the team is 2x dps they are almost dead, healer/dps is abit harder, but not much
    This made me LOL, considering forcing a paladin to bubble early is one of the main reasons to Cyclone spam them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

As a druid I feel that priest have so many more options over druids so I voted for disc priest.

Shield, pom and penance are just all win. Priest can fight back 1on1(SWP, SWD, Devouring plague, fear) were as a druid I have to drop out of from to do any kind of damage.

Altho the hots are very good I feel that priest are able to recover health a lot faster.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

Haha.

I love this poll. It's a tie between holy priests and resto shamans now!

there is just so much difference between those healers

disc priests are offensive healers, holy paladins are defensive healers.
    druids is a CC machine healbot.

disc priests are stronger in arena due to their offensive nature and the ability to shoot burst lazers of holy dmg in no time.
    Paladins are also strong in arena due to their defensive nature, for certain comps a defensive yet strong healer is better.

Druids are CC maniacs and able to avoid most cc and interrupts, although they rely heavily on prehots, thats why they arent as good as the above in arena, a target switch could lead to potential disaster if there are no prehots going around, wich drains mana.

Resto shamans are good healers, personally i think they are the lowest in rank, due to the lack of ohshit buttons and CC/dmg.
    they arent defensive, nor are they offensive, or a CC machine, theyr somewhere in the middle. with great interrupts and good burst heal, and buffs the group massivly.

in BG, id say Druid -> Paladin -> Priest -> Shaman
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I still don't understand why Cyclone doesn't have a 30-45s cooldown. Druids have other forms of CC pull that nerf off.

Look at Shaman's Hex, it's 1000000X worse than Cyclone, yet it's on a 45s cooldown. Only other CC they have is Frost Shock which is the worst snare in the game (dispellable, costs lots of mana, is on a CD).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Resto druids.
    1. Hot up yourself
    2. Hot up your partner
    3. ???????
    4. Profit.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    Resto druids.
    1. Hot up yourself
    2. Hot up your partner
    3. Go oom and lose after 2 minutes.
    4. Profit.
    I revealed the ??? part for you.

me and my druid partner are first time arena players atm started last week got full furious and wrathfull off set ( ret paladin resto druid ). its not to bad but some teams just face roll us unless they are omg bad.

warlock / disc priest
    frost mage / disc priest
    warlock / resto druid

so far we have managed to take down any other comp we run into, the only problem with our team is we have to set up kills threw cc chains. this is fine imo considering we are about 60% win 40% loss in 2 weeks and are at 1437 rating. and considering the fact that we have only done 2 weeks of arena we are not doing to badly.

we will see how it goes but i have seen resto druid ret paladins in 2k+ beffor and hopfully after some time i can be one of them =P

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    Yeah, I still don't understand why Cyclone doesn't have a 30-45s cooldown. Druids have other forms of CC pull that nerf off.

Look at Shaman's Hex, it's 1000000X worse than Cyclone, yet it's on a 45s cooldown. Only other CC they have is Frost Shock which is the worst snare in the game (dispellable, costs lots of mana, is on a CD).
    Best part is when you hex warrior and he keep folowing you in hex so you actually wont get away

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    Your doing something wrong!

disc and druid

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sølidus
    Who would vote resto shaman lol, you guys is dumb.
    Made my day. ;D

You guys is dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    Yeah it should be kinda like this
    Resto druid
    1. Hot up your self
    2. Hot up your partner
    3. Hot up his pet(if he has)
    4. Hot up some moar
    5. Hot up mirror image if you have a mage in your team
    6. Cyclone anything that moves and does not have diminishing return on it
    7. Assist on dps
    8. And IF, just saying, IF you are under 10k mana use ur innervate cz it only has 3 min CD and until u go out of mana again you will have it ready
    for use
    9. Profit

Discipline Priest as number one

power infusion
    pain supression
    shield spam
    divine aegis
    penance
    prayer of mending
    renewed hope
    quick cast mana burn
    quick cast mass dispel
    desperate prayer
    remove disease
    reflective shield
    martyrdom
    silent resolve
    borrowed time
    divine hymn
    inner focus

holy priest as number two

blessed resilience
    blessed recovery
    desperate prayer
    guardian spirit
    light well (90% of enemies are water heads and don't kill it)
    circle of healing
    surge of light
    spirit of redemption
    body and soul
    remove disease
    prayer of mending
    mass dispel
    mana burn
    remove poison on self with body and soul
    spell warding
    test of faith
    serendipity