Gemming for PvP (Disc)

This season, I have decided to get into arenas.

Me and my mage friend made a 2's team (Disc/Frost)

As I'm getting my relentless gear, I'm looking into gemming different because I should have enough resil from the gear.

So, should I go SP/Haste or SP/Int, or something other than those.
    Currently I'm not really comfortable with my mana pool, but I don't like standing in one place for too long while trying to kite melee.

Re: Gemming for PvP (Disc)

If your not comfortable with your mana pool stack int.

In my short time disc pvp i found that critwas a good option as long as you had enough mana (int), ofc that could have all changed.

Haste is never a bad thing.

15+ Year Old Account

Last time I checked the SK100, most Priests were running 4 Spirit pieces and 1 Crit without speccing for Divine Aegis. They also used Haste off-peices (Neck, Cloak, Boots, etc, not all since they needed a bit of hit and Spell Pen).

I suggest checking some of the Priests, especially ones which match your team composition. Ofcourse, play style is a major factor, maybe you don't want to play offensively.

never gem for intellect (except for the meta, once your gear is fairly good many priests switch to the 21 int/chance on mana return)

You're playing mage/priest and you'll have plenty of oppertunities to reset and drink. Haste is very strong in this season and i strongly recommend it. It lowers your global cooldown, allows you to get your heals off faster, your smites/mana burns off faster.

No need to worry about your mana pool, it will increase as your gear gets better, a good option is the ashen verdict healing ring, the exalted version gives quite a lot of intellect plus the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimward
    never gem for intellect (except for the meta, once your gear is fairly good many priests switch to the 21 int/chance on mana return)

You're playing mage/priest and you'll have plenty of oppertunities to reset and drink. Haste is very strong in this season and i strongly recommend it. It lowers your global cooldown, allows you to get your heals off faster, your smites/mana burns off faster.

No need to worry about your mana pool, it will increase as your gear gets better, a good option is the ashen verdict healing ring, the exalted version gives quite a lot of intellect plus the proc.
    Gem Int if you feel you need int. Do not ever gem (or not gem) somthing because sombody else feels you need to (or not) gem it. If you are not comfertable with your mana get more mana. What you might want to do is gem one/two slot(s) at a time before each game to your new choises like int/crit/haste. See how 1 or 2 changed slots affects your game play and continue accordingly.

We know your comp but in 2's it is realy different becuase 2's is much more unbalanced then 3's. If you model yourself after sombody else and you do not have their play style your team raiting wont = theirs or even get close to theirs becuase they have stats and talents that work for what they do and their team strats. So for reiteration gem what you feel you need and then change it later if it does not work.

When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Gem Int if you feel you need int. Do not ever gem (or not gem) somthing because sombody else feels you need to (or not) gem it. If you are not comfertable with your mana get more mana. What you might want to do is gem one/two slot(s) at a time before each game to your new choises like int/crit/haste. See how 1 or 2 changed slots affects your game play and continue accordingly.

We know your comp but in 2's it is realy different becuase 2's is much more unbalanced then 3's. If you model yourself after sombody else and you do not have their play style your team raiting wont = theirs or even get close to theirs becuase they have stats and talents that work for what they do and their team strats. So for reiteration gem what you feel you need and then change it later if it does not work.
    You're wrong. You can not say 3s is more balanced then 2s because it isnt. Your advice to this person who asked a question about what to gem is to not follow others advice? Well that makes perfect sense to me.

Im gonna try again then.

Check out high rated priests, visit [url]http://forum.hydramist.net/index.php?sid=2731b7b5c6ad1026a926802cb992a05c[/url for example. It will answer a lot of questions and give GOOD suggestions about which offset pieces to take, gems and tactics.

Your question was about which gem to take. If you feel your mana pool is too small try to avoid gemming for it (preferably) and think about why you experience your mana pool being too small. Do you find enough oppertunities to drink? Are you using your shadowfiend wisely? or do you just manage your mana very poorly. I stand by sp/haste.

You can NEVER get enough resil.

Until 1400.

Anyway

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...QZji,Upd,11403
    Offensive 2v2 spec.
    4pc Spi 1pc Crit 3pc Hit and Haste wherever u can fit it in. (boots belt wrists battlemasters yellow sockets)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...F34y,8pd,11403
    Defensive build.
    Aim for Regen, 1 or 2 crit pieces dont go astray.
    Gem for anything.
    Stam/Resil/SP/Spellpen.

NEVER.
    EVER.
    Gem for intellect.
    MP5 is better, dont gem for it either.
    Gem for spellpower....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimward
    You're wrong. You cannot say 3s is more balanced then 2s because it isn’t. Your advice to this person who asked a question about what to gem is to not follow others advice? Well that makes perfect sense to me.

I’m gonna try again then.

Check out high rated priests, visit [url]http://forum.hydramist.net/index.php?sid=2731b7b5c6ad1026a926802cb992a05c[/url for example. It will answer a lot of questions and give GOOD suggestions about which offset pieces to take, gems and tactics.

Your question was about which gem to take. If you feel your mana pool is too small try to avoid gemming for it (preferably) and think about why you experience your mana pool being too small. Do you find enough oppertunities to drink? Are you using your shadowfiend wisely? or do you just manage your mana very poorly. I stand by sp/haste.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#0

For one and 2
    [quote ] It's not, in our mind, an issue on which bracket is the most balanced. It comes down to which bracket is the most balance-able.

The 2s bracket has two flaws built into its design. One is that it tends to select for those classes who have a lot of different options and utility built into one class. Since your team is just one other guy, and he or she is often going to be focused or CC'd, you can't rely so much on your teammate's abilities. You have to rely on your own abilities. What players kept asking for, and the direction we realized we were taking, was just to give more and more abilities to more and more classes so that everyone had everything. We don't think that's good for class design long term. Arena is intended to be about teamwork not self-sufficiency.

The second problem is the relative balance of power of healing. If a healer can keep themselves and one other person alive in 2s, then they probably can't keep three people alive in 3s. That tends to squeeze healers out of 3s. On the other hand, if a healer can keep a three-player team alive, then they can probably keep a two-player team alive trivially.

We didn't remove the 2s bracket from the game. If you like it, it's still there for you. But we wanted to be able to focus more of our balance effort on the 3s bracket and wanted more of the high-end potential gladiators to focus their balance feedback and effort on that bracket as well.

[/quote]
    So I am not wrong. 2 is the most imbalanced bracket and blizzard is not concerned with balancing it. You should read your blue posts.

In 2’s because 2’s is all about your specific play style you should gem in a way that benefits it. Such that if your play style involves a lot of drinking you may want to cut down on spirit gear. If you are more offensive you may want spell power or haste or both or crit, depending on what you really need and what you do not. So as for 2’s, yes, you should not gem to what anybody else says. You should experiment with your partner for gear that fits your play style or look at people who play like you and try out their gear setup.

Since he did not explain how he plays well enough or link his armory you cannot instruct him on how to better gem and actually know if you are correct.

When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

So because blizzards tells you something you believe in it? Oh okey...

We don't think burst is a problem in pvp right now
    Feral druids have Bash (which they can improve through talents), Maim and the Feral Charge stun.
    Cool story bro.

3s is definitely not more balanced then 2s simple as that. You can basically tunnel a dps in 3s until its dead all the way up to 2.2k. It is absolutely ridiculous. I do read blue posts but you can not mistake that for the complete truth. You need to fill in with your experience (something you apparently lack).

Since he did not explain how he plays well enough or link his armory you cannot instruct him on how to better gem and actually know if you are correct.
    No he didnt. He asked a question about 2 gems. I have experience with his comp and my advice to him was to choose the haste gem. I tried to explain why he shouldnt gem intellect, that it would be easier to look into/change his game play or manage his mana better then to gem for it.

I have given my advice, this gemming worked great for me and for many others, if he takes interest in this i dont know its his choice. But please dont come up with irrelevant things such as quoting blizzard.

You can pretend all you want about what’s true, I still think that your gemming for him may not work out. You gave him an answer and he does not know why he got it or how to reproduce the numbers.

I also play mage/priest as my 2's comp. So as for my experience I'm pretty sure if you want to talk about it, you are welcome to continue any off topic experience talks on AJ, where I can post and have posted for the last 4 seasons. Can you?

In 2x2 with fmage a lot of good priests prefer using spirit offpieces.(because of manaregen),
    3 off-pieces or 2+gems for hit, (for 150 hit)
    set - 5x spirit.
    If you're a human - gem for res (it's what i think) and using 2 pve trinkets or 1 pve+battlemaster's.
    If u're not a human get 153 res trinket and gem for sp.

When i started to play pvp, i gem for int, but after some games i understand that it's very bad idea)

Don't use crit pieces (set or offset).

It's all only my opinion.