Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Can Warlocks Solo?

^ Hellfire to death at gate, ghost inside gate, rez.

Eh? Locks are great at soloing old raids/heroics. You go Felguard + Siphon Life and outlast stuff, then have a normal raiding Demo off-spec. You alternate between wearing stuff out while being basically invincible, to just switching on Meta and blowing through things. Send Felguard, throw up CoW, throw up Corruption, health funnel. Add in an Immolate if needed. If it wasn't for large trash packs that just hit too damn hard you could solo a lot of T5/6 bosses like this. Check old tanking and healing requirements at 70 and compare to the stats on a Felguard at 80, or the output of Health Funnel. Scary, scary.

I can agree here, Warlocks can solo a lot of stuff.

Currently levelling mine at the moment and have so far soloed every Outland and Northrend group quest that I have encountered. It's just a fight of attrition mostly. I play affliction for levelling so sent in the Voidwalker and throw up a Curse of Agony or Corruption and cast Health Funnel when the Voidwalker needs healing.

Threat isn't usually a problem and if you are in danger of pulling aggro then you (should) have Soul Shatter at the ready to drop your threat level.

Some fights require a little bit of forward planning with things like positioning, etc but once you get the hang of it you'll find it very rewarding I think.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

15+ Year Old Account

I have seen warlocks solo:

All of Vanilla WoW
    All TBC Heroics
    Karazhan/Gruul (but not High King)
    Most non-heroic WOTLK

It's not so straight forward as Seal of Light, Judgement of Light, CHARGE! but it's doable.

R.I.P. YARG

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

As others have said, you can solo quite a bit.

I find that doing it in PvP gear is pretty solid: the extra survivability (and the crit immunity from resilience) more than make up for the loss in DPS. Afflic PvP spec or the standard raiding deep demo build both work; as afflic PvP, I usually do it with my VW on passive, using him mostly as a soul link dump and for his sacrifice shield.

To be honest, I've tanked parts of some Wrath heroics that way, too - either because the tank was AFK for a sec and we wanted to move on, or because we were just screwing around. Wasn't fast, wasn't pretty... but works better than you might think.

As far as soloing the group quests in Northerend, I was able to do this effectively with my warlock - only needing to group for 1 quest (outside of an instance). I was demo spec and used FG to tank almost everything... All I needed to do was apply DoTs and heal my FG, not surpassing his threat.

So after getting inspired by this thread, I now have the ZG raptor boss on farm in my sleep ;D

Looking for some advice on the tiger boss though. Watched a few videos on youtube yet it's just not working for me. Either I get silenced and my pet dies, or my pet gets sapped and I get killed. I've tried the strat from one of the videos where I put my portal up on the wall for when my pet is sapped, yet I've found that the rogue boss simply runs up onto the wall and kills me.

Currently running the standard 0/56/15 raiding demo spec in full PvE gear if that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I have seen warlocks solo:

All of Vanilla WoW
    All TBC Heroics
    Karazhan/Gruul (but not High King)
    Most non-heroic WOTLK
    I fully agree here. I have managed to Solo nearly all of the WotLK Norms and have even managed to get upto the 2nd boss in UK Heroic, Abide I was in Affy for most of it and it takes a hell of a long time but it can be done.

PvP gear that you Gem and Enchant as if it was your PvE gear with a solid spec and knowing what your doing you can Solo all of TBC Heroic's and WotLK Norm's.

2 Man Kara myself with a Disc Priest. 2 Man a fair few of the WotLK Heroic's with the same Disc Priest.

As far as doing the Group quests while leveling all the ones in Northrend and Outlands can be done solo. (Maybe not the Gnoll one in Nagrand, I had to have help there). I kept myself in decent gear all the way through Outlands and same through Northrend while leveling Affliction. Many Warlocks level this way now and you just go solo everywhere with some heavy musik on to keep you going.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sårig
    So after getting inspired by this thread, I now have the ZG raptor boss on farm in my sleep ;D

Looking for some advice on the tiger boss though. Watched a few videos on youtube yet it's just not working for me. Either I get silenced and my pet dies, or my pet gets sapped and I get killed. I've tried the strat from one of the videos where I put my portal up on the wall for when my pet is sapped, yet I've found that the rogue boss simply runs up onto the wall and kills me.

Currently running the standard 0/56/15 raiding demo spec in full PvE gear if that matters...
    Felguard + Demonic Empowerment. Break that sap!

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Felguard + Demonic Empowerment. Break that sap!
    Of course, I still have it macro'd to my spells from my raiding setup. Off to try again! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    I have a 71 warlock which I really enjoy and want to get him to 80 so I can start gearing him up and doing some raids. I keep seeing posts and watching videos of DKs and Paladins soloing stuff like Doomwalker, Kara, every Heroic both TBC and Northrend, and other cool stuff. If I get geared enough and with the right spec can I do the same thing with my lock? It makes sense that a Demo lock could do the same. I mean where DKs and Paladins have to tank the mob we have our own tank in a pet, where DKs self heal with deathstrike and paladins can heal via seal of light and bubble/heal we can life drain and also heal pet.

Short answer is yes.

I collect mounts (Currently at 115) to get some of the rarer ones i had to solo old world raid bosses.
    ZG raptor, ZG Tiger, I can do Attumen, but he hasnt dropped the mount yet. I'm sure I could solo alot more too, just lack of motivation stops me.

Soloing as a lock just takes alot more time than id imagine it takes a paladin/DK. You pretty much put weakness up on the boss, and heal your felguard as he kills them, or has high enough aggro that you can start DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sårig

Soloing Tiger:

First you'll want to climb up the wall to the right of the tiger (Facing him), and put your summon portal on the ledge (Above the cages).

Pull the boss out to the middle of the room, put weakness on all of them, and have your felguard get aggro (Cleaving, and frequently changing targets). Make sure to watch his health closely, and try not to let him go below 60% because you will occasionally get gouged. If your pet gets gouged, port up to the wall, and if they reach you before your pet breaks out of it, jump down.

Now, once you get this down, and can keep your pet up. You need to mana-drain the one that heals, and keep her under 200mana (might have to check this, but its low). Once she hits 0 mana, pop meta, pop immolate aura, and seed them down.

When the tiger pops back up, just let your pet get control of it, and heal him/yourself (through life-drain). Once the boss gets to about 50% you can safely burn him down.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i think u can solo most of the vanilla content, and can get quite far in tbc content. ur pets threat is indeed quite low, but u shud be able to stay under it. itll make the fight alot longer, but u have no other option

15+ Year Old Account

Soloing level 80 heroics as warlock, specced like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...B8v874Q,,11623 is not hard. Swap around talents depending on your hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyuu
    Soloing Tiger:

First you'll want to climb up the wall to the right of the tiger (Facing him), and put your summon portal on the ledge (Above the cages).

Pull the boss out to the middle of the room, put weakness on all of them, and have your felguard get aggro (Cleaving, and frequently changing targets). Make sure to watch his health closely, and try not to let him go below 60% because you will occasionally get gouged. If your pet gets gouged, port up to the wall, and if they reach you before your pet breaks out of it, jump down.

Now, once you get this down, and can keep your pet up. You need to mana-drain the one that heals, and keep her under 200mana (might have to check this, but its low). Once she hits 0 mana, pop meta, pop immolate aura, and seed them down.

When the tiger pops back up, just let your pet get control of it, and heal him/yourself (through life-drain). Once the boss gets to about 50% you can safely burn him down.
    This is completely unnecessary; just spec affliction, instant dot them up, use searing pain til they use kick then use cast time dots, and self dispel silence with felhunter. Takes me like 2 minutes like this.

10+ Year Old Account

you can solo stuff but you have to talent for that and have a plan. The 2 specs that have work the best for me has been demonology and affliction. Once you know the fights old raid and TBC heroics will be easy anything higher will require alot more effort. Oh and remember your pets have different jobs, here are some examples

Voidwalker can keep agro on a group of mobs wile you kill them one at a time ... it wont keep agro on the one you are dpsing but 1 on 1 is better than 5 on 1

Felhunter can dispell stuff from you and also stuff off the enemy

Felguard can charge stun that will stop some spell casting also demonic empowerment can get him on the move

Infernal can be use if you made a mistake and your pet died(if you didnt talented for fast summon) also works as a short stun

etc...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    This doesn't count too well. But I as a Hunter got the T5 2 Set (15% of damage heals pet), Glyph of Mending (40% healing from Mend). I can solo some BC 10 mans, a a fair bit of the Classic 20-40 mans, all of BC's Heroics. Point is, I have devoted my duel spec and farmed a bit of gear to solo stuff. But I am a Hunter, I don't know how it translate to Warlocks.

As for Paladins and Deathknights. They're overpowered, healing, tanking hybrids, of coarse they can solo everything. I personally hate them for that. >
    Then go roll a DK or a Pally....I hate Hunters cause they let their pets do all the work its a pointless class. They are rediculous to kill in PVP because they just stand 25 yards away and shoot the shit out of u and theres nothing u can do 90% of the time u die...So I equally hate your class as much as you do mine
    Warrior For Life

10+ Year Old Account
    heres a link to another lock soloing kil'jaeden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nIKb305Wg
    edit:saw date on thread......pre cata

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymiron View Post
    Warlock can solo pre tbc raids. There have been some movies with aq40, mc etc but dont think they can solo tbc raids, and if they can it will take to long time as you would have to heal your pet alot.
    I have successfully soloed on my 85 warlock, All of Zul aman, morgrim tidewalker in SSC, Lurker below in SSC, Solarion and Voidreaver in Tempest Keep. Before I did those I practiced by soling all TBC heroic 5 man content. Also actively farming blue proto in heroic UP, and trying to solo 1st boss of ToC.

10+ Year Old Account
    as warlock i've soloed all of mc, aq40 except twins and c'thune ( should be possible the same way as the rogue did it tho), kara, gruul itself, mag, 2 bosses in tk, 3 bosses in ssc, all old wotlk dungeons, os10, some bosses in naxx and flame levi ofc.