Couple of gear questions (Prot)

Just picked up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51010

Currently using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50760

Wondering if maybe using Facelifter would be better, just for the expertise. Not a lot of tanking gear out there with expertise on it.

Second question was this: Currently sitting at 82 Frost badges, about to either pick up my 3rd piece of tier gear, or might go for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50978. Now, even with the upgrade of T10 gloves, and the crafted legs being BiS, do you think I should go ahead and get those gloves, or should I go for 4p. Not sure how awesome our 4p is, I mean, sure 12% dodge for 15 every 45 is quite nice, but is it worth not going BiS in every slot?

Re: Couple of gear questions (Prot)

It all depends on your hit rating.

Hit rating is more important than expertise, you want to be hit capped so that your taunts never miss and so that you don't have to waste a glyph slot. If you are still hit capped after you drop the mace then go for the sword. Expertise hard cap isn't easy to reach, but it's probably not that difficult either, especially with the glyph.

IMO, 12% dodge is good to have. It's like popping a few dodge trinkets at the same time, and best part about it is that it is only on a 1 min CD. The 12% damage reduction other classes get is nicer and more reliable imo, while 12% dodge is more of an RNG thing. I would get the 4 piece first, then worry about going for all BiS items because there are some fights where the extra oshit button comes in handy.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

There will befights where the bis are better and fights where that extra cd us better, but that cd will probably be better inmost fights. Personaly that is what I plan on working towards for my prot set. Though I dis get the trinket first as I had the monarch crab and that son of a bitch had to go.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Yeah, think I'm still above cap after losing the mace. Will have to check to be sure. Yeah, I know the extra ohshit button would be nice, but the added armor and shit from the other pieces seems so beautiful. But who knows, once I have 4 piece, nothing to spend badges on cept saronite for the craftables.

I'm pretty sure that even though melee hit reduces the chance for a taunt to miss, they are still based on spell hit (hence why we have a glyph with 8% extra taunt hit). ((Granted if someone has found something that contradicts this, please post your source.))

If you're sitting fine with threat and notice that you're still hovering around the exp soft cap with the glyph, it's a tough call. I would probably (depending on spec) go with the expertise one as being parried with a reckoning proc is counterproductive to the talent.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Hit rating is more important than expertise, you want to be hit capped so that your taunts never miss and so that you don't have to waste a glyph slot. If you are still hit capped after you drop the mace then go for the sword. Expertise hard cap isn't easy to reach, but it's probably not that difficult either, especially with the glyph.
    The only thing you care about for hit rating is, as you correctly stated, taunts; however, they don't miss that often even without the glyph, even if you're not capped, and there aren't any other glyphs that are really worth taking in that 'wasted' slot.

The expertise hard cap is around 56, from what I remember reading. Take off 6 for talents and 10 for the glyph, and you're still left needing 328 expertise rating to reach that figure - without checking, I don't think that's possible to reach with full ICC gear, so you'd be looking at sacrifices in terms of survivability to make it up by using lower tier pieces.

If I put on my Armguards of the Shieldmaiden, that first weapon the OP posted and with the exp from http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50968, I could easily hard cap out or be damned close.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.