Poll: Would you take Reckoning in a ret pvp spec in Cataclysm if it were in the same spot it is now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reckoning for Ret in Cataclysm

I've been thinking for a while (as i'm sure many plds have) about the possible implimentation of reckoning into a ret pvp build. What do you guys think of it? I for one love the idea of a rogue swinging away at me and proccing it, just giggling with the idea of what one swing will do to them. I've tried this before, and while currently you lose the 8th and 9th tier of the pld tree, for the short time i tried it, it wrecked anyone i touched. Just imagine adding this to the current viable pvp spec

Re: Reckoning for Ret in Cataclysm

5 more points as currently specced wouldn't get me deep enough to take more than 1 point in Reckoning. That being the case, I think I might take Sanct instead -- more raid utility.

The trees will probably be quite different, though, so who knows what will be where? The shallow Prot tree is full of a bunch of the kinds of talents that they made it sound like they'd be wanting to get rid of -- four of the first eight available talents, in fact. So there's no telling if it will be worth speccing even the minimum 5 points of Prot Ret already does. That said, I remember a blue post explicitly saying that part of the appeal of adding points without deepening the trees is that you'll be able to get talents with 21 points you currently can't. So Sanct and Reckoning, being the type of talents that Blizzard appears to favor, *should* be exactly where they are. But there's no telling if the 20 points it would take to get to them would be worth grabbing.

I will say that an 76 point Ret build, combined with the gear changes, could result in pretty effective Ret tanking builds -- depends on how deep the crit immunity talents are placed.

it is far to early to tell what specs will be viable.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    it is far to early to tell what specs will be viable.
    Yes, but the question is if it would stay as it is now.
    But yes, it won't be, so kind of pointless.

They may not stay the same, but that's not to say any change would prevent that. Ya it's more RNG to count on, but you know that the dmg will cut through most anyone. Again this is strictly a PVP build, although unless there's an internal CD on the new SOC, that would cause HUGE spikes in trash dmg, and would allow for faster application of SOV on bosses, since you are always taking SOME form of dmg from something

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits
    They may not stay the same, but that's not to say any change would prevent that. Ya it's more RNG to count on, but you know that the dmg will cut through most anyone. Again this is strictly a PVP build, although unless there's an internal CD on the new SOC, that would cause HUGE spikes in trash dmg, and would allow for faster application of SOV on bosses, since you are always taking SOME form of dmg from something
    we dont get to complain about rng. Period. boomkin can, enh can, we cant.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    we dont get to complain about rng. Period. boomkin can, enh can, we cant.
    Outta sheer curiosity what do you mean?

Every played an enhance shaman or a boomkin?

Then you'd know.

Their dps is heavily reliant on RNG.

lol eclipse
    rofl windfury
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

for example: MW procs come out of the blue from wep hits. You can get no procs for 20 sec or 20 procs in 10 sec. Long live RNG...

I have to say i remember what that was like in BC, i wish they got a more appropriate fix to their dmg like we did (sort of)

15+ Year Old Account

if the talents stay the same, i would get seal of the pure and HoJ cd reduced :P
    Reckoning will probably move or change to 1hander/shield only

I think if they moved Reckoning to Ret's they'd probably make it an on-use talent with a cooldown, so you'd have better burst on demand which would ramp up appropriately with the seals too. If it had a short cooldown, like, 1 minute or 30 seconds, and reduced the number of swings to 2, it could be good for all things.

Not too sure how it would work on the whole 'balancing DPS' issue, but hey. It's an idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAxius
    I think if they moved Reckoning to Ret's they'd probably make it an on-use talent with a cooldown, so you'd have better burst on demand which would ramp up appropriately with the seals too. If it had a short cooldown, like, 1 minute or 30 seconds, and reduced the number of swings to 2, it could be good for all things.

Not too sure how it would work on the whole 'balancing DPS' issue, but hey. It's an idea.
    or proc from your parry/dodge/block :P
    (it would make sense has a prot talent or just copy past revenge.. but anyway)