Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Worshaka and Kelesti:

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Pfft, I hear there is some kinda Steel Dragon things people get from doing the fights in style.
    His post was a response to "bad guilds grinding Val", I doubt bad ones can do 1 Light / Firefighter. If a guild can do it, they've probably done it. However, I think grinding Val'nyr is very good even if I don't get it (I've got 10 shards, friend has 27), I think it's worth to go in there and at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Yet you glyph prayer of healing, and chances are your raid runs with a Shadow Priest and/or at least one Healing Stream.
    I really don't see what the problem is with glyph of PoH... it's more throughput, typically in large raid damage a PoH alone isn't going to full heal a group and now that they are near full health its likely they become a lower priority in who to heal next. The glyph provides a nice top up effect while other people become a priority.

I also don't see what other glyphs provide more benefit... the renew glyph isn't a pure buff, sometimes lowering the duration of HoTs can be a negative thing... particularly the fact that you can blanket less people at any one time. Considering GS and CoH are mandatory, what other glyphs are there to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I really don't see what the problem is with glyph of PoH... it's more throughput, typically in large raid damage a PoH alone isn't going to full heal a group and now that they are near full health its likely they become a lower priority in who to heal next. The glyph provides a nice top up effect while other people become a priority.
    That's a good point, but the glyph still seems incredibly weak to me. Do you know if it rolls? If I'm gonna PoH a group twice will the 2nd hot just overwrite the first one? In any case I'd probably just leave the cleanup work to CoH/WG/rejuv.

15+ Year Old Account

If you renew heal, a Druid's HoTs will beat you to it. If you use the PoH glyph, a Druid's HoTs will beat you to it.

Druids \o/

Sorry, cynical view.

In response to Lysdexic, no the Prayer glyph doesn't roll. Your prayer hits, it waits three seconds, it heals for 600 on anyone it didn't crit (900 on those it did : ), and then waits three more seconds to do it again. It's great if you're trying to push out a higher "HPS" number, but realistically it doesn't stem the incoming flow of healing at all. People either won't take the ticks because they'll be topped off immediately by you, or other healers, or they'll be so low the ticks won't make a difference and you'd have to Prayer them again. It's extremely weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Its delayed effect doesn't really lend itself to that, nor does it actually change already active healing effects in the first place.

I also don't see what other glyphs provide more benefit... the renew glyph isn't a pure buff, sometimes lowering the duration of HoTs can be a negative thing... particularly the fact that you can blanket less people at any one time.
    This doesn't really bother me because I'm not playing like a Druid. I don't have to blanket the raid when the druid standing next to me can do the same but better.

Renew is your buffer spell to counteract/mitigate existing effects, and/or help soften possible incoming ones. Rather than imitating druids in attempting to cover everyone, I've personally found it's stronger to make mine have more effect where it's needed.

Considering GS and CoH are mandatory, what other glyphs are there to choose?
    Renew, Flash, Prayer and Shield are the choices.

I've given my reasons for why Renew should be picked. Flash is alright if you're running a little short on mana (Flash and Renew are each roughly 20% of my total healing for a night, with Mending above, and Circle and Prayer close by), and the shield glyph is laughable when you're not really using it as a "heal" spell like Discipline is, but as a castable sprint that has a 6k buffer attached to it.

I'm all for trying to maximise effectiveness, and sure taking a glyph of renew is a loss in HPS when you're trying to blanket, and not taking Prayer is also a loss in HPS on some fights, but that number is so frakking pointless that it doesn't really matter, and thus I went with the playstyle change.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Flash is a poor glyph... I can't see how anyone with appropriate gear can be pushed for mana and those in sub par gear get little mp/5 out of it because flash is hardly cast a disproporionate amount of times to other spells... I think on average flash is 25% of your total healing, to illustrate the fact that its not a dominate spell.

I see an argument towards renew, but i don't see how the logic you apply to a PoH hot on 5 people isn't applied to renew... surely the extra strength per tick can be overwritten or becomes just as redundant as the PoH hot.