Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i normally dont complain about "bad" players, but yesterday just baffled me ;-)

i get into FoS HC with my 4p t10 rest icc gear and i see the tank is a DK, so als always i started inspecting him.
    i see his health is just over 20k..... thats less than my mage....
    he is in full blue crafted lvl 78 tanking gear, no gems, no enchants.
    he is only using 1 crafted 1h tank sword, no offhand.

slightly scared we start. he pulls the 1st caster at the start and gets 2 shotted :P shaman puts down earth elemental that goes slower down than the tank.

tank ofcourse blaming healer, but group fell apart rather quick after that

i was like WTF!! how can a tank be so badly geared and still get into FoS HC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretech View Post
    so many people here complaining about tanks. most tanks that go in for these randoms are tired of being tops dps. sorry I have better things to do than drag around your 500dps, full boa, mostly afk, scrub alt. inc next 4 packs /leave dungeon CATCH!
    Well Tanks are OP on trash atm, so yeah... :P
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Probably my worst experiences ever happened on my alt. Yeah funny cause you think a lvl 80 Hunter would get more crap. But apparently my Holy Paladin was a better target. Now, truthfully, I was new to healing and only rolled one for my guild. I've always told groups I was new and most of them were nice about it ( save one gnome Rogue who forever will ruin Wailing Caverns for me ). Then of course when I tried rolling a mage with my other friend, things went astray. There was one incident that stood out.

The Day That The DPS And Healer Switched Places On Us

Ah, Wailing Caverns. No matter what class I play, you disappoint me. So it was me, my Shaman friend, and a bunch of nelf druids running through the dungeon. I have never rolled a druid before so I don't try to act like I know how druids play. But at least I know how they fail at their class. The healing druid was being so fickle on his healing. He would let us get near the brink of death before he would start healing. We've wiped a boss for a bit because he was not paying any sort of attention. Then one of the dps druids decides on his own that he and the fail healer were going to switch places.

My friend and I were chatting on Skype during all of this. I noticed the switch, seeing as how we were getting our asses mauled by every mob in there. We both tried to tell them to switch back but the healing druid refused to talk to us. After like an hour, we actually finished the dungeon.

I don't ever have good experiences with druids :<

I ended up in a random with a Mage that needed on everything he could (from doucherock land of the wanna be pvp gods) whohad decent enough gear but was gemming every blue gem with arp/stam gems. While beating him on damage done on my tank (in dps gear, yeah I'm that guy on my dk but it was a guild group and it was old kingdom with my girlfriend disc priest healing so not exactly "rough") he started bitching about the other dps'ers being fail. This is when I "kindly" pointed out his choice in gems and had to watch him try to explain that armor pen is awesome because it makes your spells go through the targets armor. This obviously went over swimmingly and as he was the only pug we waited il the timer was up and kicked him right before the last boss as he complained about us being bads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reaperjon91 View Post
    I hate queuing for ages for a random, finally getting a group and either the tank or healer leaving after the first boss because the first boss didn't drop the thing they came for and then having to wait god knows how long for another one... ._____.
    Even worse is requeuing, getting the same tank who bailed in your last run, warning the party that he will leave if his item doesn't drop, the tank feigning ignorance, doing the boss, and then being able to do nothing but roll your eyes as he inevitably drops the group. Again. So yeah, this one is really inconsiderate. Some players are not just bad - they are selfish.
    For the Alliance!

1. Three friends joined FoS with me and DK dps. one of those friends (paladin) asked if someone needs arp trinket from last boss and DK said that he will need on it. so it went fine and right before last boss they vote and kick him. Trinket dropped so i decided to need roll on it and won. Never seen so much QQ , they even logged on my realm to spam trade that im a ninja.
    2. Our group changed 5 tanks in HoR even before first boss and they all were paladins.

Worst one's gotta be tanks QQ'ing when i tricks them, and start using FoK at once, even if i dont pull aggro, they still QQ that i dont give them time to get threat..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I really hate lately how tanks believe they are god because groups cant go on without them. Thats why I que up as DPS now, so if a tank pulls this bs attitude, I just go to my main spec (prot warrior) and do it for them. I may be full icc geared and know what im doing, but the group does what the group wants, if I see people with 200ilvl blues/purples, im going to full clear the instance because they are their for badges to gear up, if I see people in 232+ purples, I know they are there for frost, so I skip bosses. The group make up makes for what the instance should be. Its a game, im having fun doing my job.

We had one tank leave a group cause the hunter (new 80) was doing 1.5k dps in a spec he wasnt used to.

#1 He is learning, no one gets it right overnight unless they played the class before (the hunter leveled BM but just switched to survival)
    #2 so what if you leave, your still out 15minutes because you left group right as you entered the dungeon
    #3 you screw over the other 3 people as well because of your shitty attitude.

BTW! If your curious, I went tank (still que in the dungeon finder as a dps while waiting for a replacement) we cleared 3 bosses before we got another tank. So you screw us over even more.

That kind of thing happens more then once, and its annoying as hell.

Just a word of advice for good geared tanks out there. If you dont mind waiting, que up only as dps, so if you get a failure tank, you can take over and salvage a group, you will be doing the other players a huge favor
    You are a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Yep. I was on my DK tank and was told the black heart from ToC regular that has stamina on it was a dps trinket and that I was a dipshit for thinking that a trinket with 100 someodd stamina on it wasn't a great choice for dps. And they were serious.
    I play a hunter, and the "Hunter weapon" syndrom is on a lot lower scale then it used to be. I in eneral see a lot less people gearing incorrectly since the WotLK kicked in. Back in BC, I raided in a guild that cleared SSC and TK pre-nerfs, BT prenerf, and after I've quitted, they did quite well in SWP aswell. That being said, we did a lot of stupid gearing mistakes. And I mean it stupid. (such as feral tanks taking SP weapons and sp leather becouse it yealded more stamina than the pieces they had at the time). Good times :P I also used the Feral staff from Ilhoof on my shadow priest for 2 weeks or so... I feel so stupid looking back now :P
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

being kicked from a 5man because the tank was bitching (before we even pulled mind you) that with my heroic icc gear i wouldnt be able to control my threat and told everyone to kick
    not sure it was my worst but was pretty funny the way his brain worked

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    i once had a run where i did random heroics with a friend and my lil brother who'd just lvled to 80 and signed up as tank, the healer who joined immediately voted to kick my lil brother, my friend and i obviously declined the vote which led him to say i'll just wait here till you guys leave or kick me i'm not healing someone with 21k health, which is funny because before everyone had 40k health i did it with only 18k when wotlk was still fresh naturally i refused to let some ignorant morron tell us to submit to his demands and instead of kicking or leaving ourselves we protested by just staying till he got annoyed luckily the other random player didn't mind the protest and about 20 minutes later the healer left, which did give a sweet feeling of victory at the end.

Deleted
    My worst was I think ever is VH hc.
    I am tank as usual, i got 4 newbiew 80. I dont have trubble with it until they do they work. We startend, and healer typed: brb. And from there we not had healers. Well actually i dont needed it but still. Well i can understand new players pain but after this 1 dps DC (probably alt+f4). so actually we wanted to 3 man it. Okay we can kick players (oh how hard was that, cause: you cant kick players in combat, you have to wait 10 minute till kick, etc etc...) When we managed to kick the to player and what i got? i got a DK "clever guy with Tank gear, and taunted from me mobs always. So i asked hime he want to tank than say. Actually he died, cause the healer who we got was not teleported to the dungeon. and i was angry about this DK so i let him die
    Well we mangaed to do this very easy ad for starteds Hc but still was a nightmare...

I was with a warlock gemming armor penitration

10+ Year Old Account
    Random Heroic, Pit of Saron comes up, I enter it. So we go to pull the first pack (Which was that necromancer and his skeletons) We kill them with ease. Tank pulls the Skeleton Laborer, runs over to the refreshment portal a mage was casting. (I know, wtf hey?) Then says "Sorry, DPS is too low and people are grabbing threat instead of me" Then leaves the group, causing us to die.

Edit: I should note that I only pulled aggro because the tank ran off to the refreshment portal after pulling.

My worst experience is every single instance I get into that the tank just leaves, or the tank is actually DPS who wanted an instant queue. They end up screwing everyone around them, and most of the time the healer immediantly leaves after him, because they're fucking morons and would rather take a 30 min CD as opposed to just selecting the instance they want to go into. >.>

Deleted
    2 actually.

1st, Any run where the tank doesnt give a crap about the rest and only cares about his own emblems even when the 4 others vote to kill all bosses.

2nd, One tank in specific. UP HC. Warrior that ran in, tanked by attacking 1 mob and hoping the other mobs didnt run away from him, ofc they did after 2 heals since he didnt hit em. I was there on my mage and easily got aggro from the mob he was actually tanking, I figured I could go all out since he was 6k+ gs after all. When I died the tank just stood still and didnt care about the fact that he now held aggro on 0 out of 4 mobs.
    After a few seconds he unleashed a barrage of cursing, swearing and yelling about how we all were noobs and didnt know how to play. I replied with a simple "Can you at least get some hits in on all the mobs when you pull more than 1?" His reply was "As long as I live and the healer lives I dont give a damn about any of you others." Funny... the healer always died from healingaggro. Good thing I left before we reached Skadi.

Deleted
    Cant remember the worst experience in a random dungeon, bcuz I've had ALOT of bad people, and not just bad, REALLY bad.

Some while ago we we're in PoS HC and our healer randomly leaves mid-fight, we manage to get him down and the second he dies, we get this hpriest.
    This priest needed the dagger from first boss and asked us if he was dead. We answered Yes ofc since he was dead.

Then this priests says something like:
    Thats the only thing I need in here, so im gonna leave.
    We: You might aswell finish this instance, cuz your already saved.
    Priest: I know, but I need the first boss.
    We: Your saved, just finish it and pray to god that you get it again after this one?
    Now im just annoyed at him, and then the most stupid question is asked.
    Priest: Can you kick me please?
    Is he stupid?! He wants to leave us bcuz he needs the first boss.

He refused to leave, so we sat there waiting for his CD to run out..

Deleted
    The BEST of LFD tool:

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I really hate lately how tanks believe they are god because groups cant go on without them. Thats why I que up as DPS now, so if a tank pulls this bs attitude, I just go to my main spec (prot warrior) and do it for them. I may be full icc geared and know what im doing, but the group does what the group wants, if I see people with 200ilvl blues/purples, im going to full clear the instance because they are their for badges to gear up, if I see people in 232+ purples, I know they are there for frost, so I skip bosses. The group make up makes for what the instance should be. Its a game, im having fun doing my job.

We had one tank leave a group cause the hunter (new 80) was doing 1.5k dps in a spec he wasnt used to.

#1 He is learning, no one gets it right overnight unless they played the class before (the hunter leveled BM but just switched to survival)
    #2 so what if you leave, your still out 15minutes because you left group right as you entered the dungeon
    #3 you screw over the other 3 people as well because of your shitty attitude.

BTW! If your curious, I went tank (still que in the dungeon finder as a dps while waiting for a replacement) we cleared 3 bosses before we got another tank. So you screw us over even more.

That kind of thing happens more then once, and its annoying as hell.

Just a word of advice for good geared tanks out there. If you dont mind waiting, que up only as dps, so if you get a failure tank, you can take over and salvage a group, you will be doing the other players a huge favor
    The WORST of LFD tool:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Even worse is requeuing, getting the same tank who bailed in your last run, warning the party that he will leave if his item doesn't drop, the tank feigning ignorance, doing the boss, and then being able to do nothing but roll your eyes as he inevitably drops the group. Again. So yeah, this one is really inconsiderate. Some players are not just bad - they are selfish.
    in one post!

By the way, Nilinor, I think I just fell in love.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't from a Dungeon run, but still infuriated me greatly.

-I joined a PuG for ToTC 25 on my Pally Tank. I haven't played on it for a while, so I'm a bit rusty at the playstyle.
    -We got NR Beasts down, although there was a particular DK that was bitching at me for sucking at tanking, when the RL didn't even communicate to the tanks about who's tanking which worm on the two worms part.
    -Nothing too special during Jaraxxus, although it was the weekly. Only one person dropped after he died.
    -FC took two tries to down, one wipe due to people not running away like little girls from melee.
    -The Twin Val'kyr was where everything fell apart. I didn't notice that I didn't rebuff Righteous Fury from the FC wipe. So basically I was blowing taunts to keep aggro, and then I rebuffed it. We wiped for some reason that I didn't know, and then that same DK bitches at me again calling me a failure tank, and suggesting I delete my character. Some random Shaman Blows Bloodlust to give us all the debuff, and the raid broke apart.

So all this bitching all because of lack of raid communcation and a mistake which I admitted to personally... And no way that I'm gonna delete a character with 100+ small pets and mounts...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2010-09-16 at 04:34 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account

Effing awesome

wait
    45 f*cking minutes for a que
    it pops
    the tank leaves, 3 minutes in
    i leave dungeon to quest, while they die 50000 times trying to no tank it with all casters
    the second we get a tank 25 minutes later, i get booted.