Thread: WoL absorbed

WoL absorbed

I know no raid log has perfect absorb tracking, and that may be the answer. But I don't understand the Worldoflogs tracking. It gives me more PWS hits than Glyph of PWS hits, and for aura damage fights where my shields are always fully absorbed, it still doesn't read close to my true shield strength.

Does another raider having Val'anyr disrupt the log's tracking?

Re: WoL absorbed

Wouldn't this be better suited for the WoL forums?
    EU|Dragonmaw|Alliance|Glittersmith

Yes this is a classical point for absorbs, and yes today this is still hard to follow up.

From what I can say from my own analysis on past reports, are are my observations :

1- Shield number is always superior to PW:S glyph ticks
    2- Except on some very specific fights (like twins in ToC), absorbs estimation is more or less in line with what Recount Guessed absorbs, though somehow a little inferior sometimes.
    3- In case some other priests are there there might be some (little) confusions with inapropriate DA allocations (some Holy priests have DA in their healing)

Regarding 1-, first you have to be aware that preshielding cause your glyph not to be counted since you're not in fight yet. Secondly, I think there are issues for shields number calculations, so the average value of your shields remains low with too high shield numbers I would assume (just my feeling).

The important part is your total absorbs value and the split between DA and PW:S which is a valuable information in my point of view. I assume that with what Blizzard announced in a blue will help improving this in the future (they plan to integrate absorbs within the healing logs but we don't know when)

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    I know no raid log has perfect absorb tracking, and that may be the answer. But I don't understand the Worldoflogs tracking. It gives me more PWS hits than Glyph of PWS hits, and for aura damage fights where my shields are always fully absorbed, it still doesn't read close to my true shield strength.

Does another raider having Val'anyr disrupt the log's tracking?
    If you cast a 10K shield you get 1 glyph of PWS hit... but then if the target takes 7K damage and then 7K damage again, then surely there are 2 absorbs which total 10K + the target is hit for 4K damage.

ive noticed a bug where as holy with another disc in a 25man, if my holy pom (more spellpower) bounces & overwrites the disc pom; it applies an aegis bubble as theirs would

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Combat log doesn't track absorbed amounts. Any mod that does track it are only guestimates. None are accurate.

Unless combat log tells us something, it is impossible to be accurate.

One mods guestimate will almost certainly be different from another mods guestimate.
    Not true. Combat logs estimate absorbed damages. What it sometimes difficult is to attribute the absorb values to someones when simultaneous events happen or several disc priests are there.

Even Recount guessedabsorbs is only measuring absorbed and not complete shields : if you cast a shield during the raid nothing increases in recount, then when a damage occurs you see clearly the values inscreasing. But for my personnal opinion I would be very pleased to have the possibility to check how much overheal PW:S actually do in real life. I guess a skilled disc would have a low overhealing number but random shield spammers would certainely be really visible then (it would make a favour to disc spec to have this type of indicator since many raid leaders are facing issues for assessing disc contribution)

Nevertheless, it seems that you don't have any priest so probably you're not aware about that. But regarding combat log, "absorbed" is mentionned, dear, so please do not just repeat what uninformed people may have told you

Furthermore, on a side note, all absorbs in WoL are reported with zero overhealing, thus boosting by a (small?) amount the effective healing representation of discos. Absorbs should have a low overhealing factor that is true, but always zero is wrong since there are cases where the shield might expire without absorbing its full potential. I guess that's another limit caused by the low amount of information in the logs.

EDIT: andromeda beat me to the overhealing note ;D

This is because I raised haste score for my disc priest ;D

PS : this is a joke, eh, please pleaaaase don't start another "disc haste" thread ppl