Emblem of Frost belt...

Hello there paladins.

I have a question about the Emblem of frost belt... i have read and checked rawr to check which belt would be better the leather one or the plate one, the answer was the leather one by ALOT, but heres my question:

I looked at the mail belt, it has more AP and more crit... is the haste/ArP in the leather one makes up for the AP/Crit loss?

Armory if needed:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nedar&n=Hirako

Re: Emblem of Frost belt...

I'm in a similar boat as yourself, looking at a new belt [once i get my 4set]

I'd be more inclined to grab the Leather one.... ArP>Int really. And i've seen a lot of ret pala's with the leather belt.

Oh, and the Agi rep ring is apparently biS as well.

At a certain point in gear crit becomes better than AP, thus all these agi pieces being better than plate alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    At a certain point in gear crit becomes better than AP, thus all these agi pieces being better than plate alternatives.
    I am aware of that, i am comparing the mail belt with the leather one. The mail belt has more AP, but the leather belt has ArP and haste... i know that both ArP and haste become better with 4 T10 but does that make the leather one better?

Your comparison of the leather and mail belts isn't quite fair. At this point in the game, most rets don't need more hit rating.

If you discount the unneeded hit, your comparison is:

Leather
    +16 Agi
    +80 ArP
    +64 Haste

Mail
    +32AP
    +80 Crit

This may make more sense as to why the leather is superior. Its not a huge difference because crit is quite a bit better than haste and ArP, but its not that much better.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Your comparison of the leather and mail belts isn't quite fair. At this point in the game, most rets don't need more hit rating.

If you discount the unneeded hit, your comparison is:

Leather
    +16 Agi
    +80 ArP
    +64 Haste

Mail
    +32AP
    +80 Crit

This may make more sense as to why the leather is superior. Its not a huge difference because crit is quite a bit better than haste and ArP, but its not that much better.
    Well, i went with the leather belt... i figured they cant all be wrong. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako
    Well, i went with the leather belt... i figured they cant all be wrong. :P
    Tomorrow I will have enough emblems to pick up a new belt and I too will be taking the leather one.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako
    Hello there paladins.

I have a question about the Emblem of frost belt... i have read and checked rawr to check which belt would be better the leather one or the plate one, the answer was the leather one by ALOT, but heres my question:

I looked at the mail belt, it has more AP and more crit... is the haste/ArP in the leather one makes up for the AP/Crit loss?

Armory if needed:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nedar&n=Hirako
    I had the same options couldn't decide which way to go and after a lot of debate it was the Mail belt it's just better overall, Leather has ArP so partially wasted stats < extra hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?