Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    frost emblem -> primordial saronite -> gold -> uncut gems -> profit?
    Haha yeah I know I know...half of it is lazyness, and other half is I think I might save some saronites for my pally thats almost 80. Only needed to buy one Amatrine anyway though, yay for having a fiance that does epic transmutes daily! =P

Hi Mihir

You can find my dps profile on wowhead.com/profile=21628111 (as my main raiding role in my guild is Tank, I'm sure you'll see the right gear/talents with this wowhead link) (impossible to post a real link as I'm a junior member of this forum)

Do you see anything that need improvement ? I'm currently at 14K DPS on Saurcroc (with the 30% buff)

Thanks,

- Tri.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejudge View Post
    First off -- like everyone else here says all the time -- thanks for the awesome thread. I wish I'd known about it long ago.

Coming back from a couple month hiatus and getting a few upgrades very recently, I'm looking at regemming/chanting and figured I'd toss my armory up here to hopefully get some feedback while I go sim myself.

Outside of whatcha see, I've got the badge cloak, herkuml, 264 astrylian. I've got access to 11/12 HM, normal halion and it's looking like I'd be next up on 277 astrylian, 277 sindra neck and the 271 scale.

First post so armory in sig. Don't ask about the name, the wound has not yet healed :C
    I'd make a few minor changes to your gear: go with the HWT instead of WFS normal, and put berserking on weapon. Move the nightmare tear to your chest, put full arpen in your weapon, and 10agi+10hit in your gloves/belt/legs.

---------- Post added 2010-09-03 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sintua View Post
    Deer Mihir just got a new chest and gloves and could really use some help with gemming and enchanting since i lack Alot of hit and some expterise :<

or would it be better for me to equip my old t10 gloves (264) and hc sack of wonder chest?

awesome thread!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&cn=Miniurran
    Nope, these gloves + t10 chest are better. You will be low on hit/exp for the moment, but the stats you gain instead of the hit/exp will give you more dps. Just put 10agi+10hit in the yellow sockets in your legs/chest, 20arpen in all other sockets (keep the nightmare tear where it is), and put 20agi enchant on gloves.

---------- Post added 2010-09-03 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Triplebuses View Post
    Hi Mihir

You can find my dps profile on wowhead.com/profile=21628111 (as my main raiding role in my guild is Tank, I'm sure you'll see the right gear/talents with this wowhead link) (impossible to post a real link as I'm a junior member of this forum)

Do you see anything that need improvement ? I'm currently at 14K DPS on Saurcroc (with the 30% buff)

Thanks,

- Tri.
    Looks pretty decent; tho you could go a bit lower on crit and get some more haste/str instead, since you're over the crit cap atm. So haste enchant on back, agi+haste instead of agi+crit gems. You could even consider replacing some of them with str+haste gems.

The optimal stats to get from non-dragon eye gems is: 20arpen, 180agi, 60haste, 30str, 30hit. So 3x 10str+10hit, 6x 10agi+10haste, 1x 20arpen, and 6x 20agi.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-03 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Hey!

Quick question: could anyone with rawr please sim out what would be better for me, Berserking or Mongoose?
    And how high would the difference be (measured in dps)?

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...p%C3%A9shifter

Thanks in advance!

-Shape.

PS: I'm a kitty.

Deleted
    Armory link doesnt work, looks like you copy-pasted it from your other post, where it was shortened with "...".

Looks like massacre is your best option atm, with berserking right behind it. Reason why massacre > berserking atm, is that you are low on exp, and low on haste, so berserking won't proc enough to beat massacre yet.

The dps values:
    Massacre - 77
    Berserking - 76
    Mongoose - 67
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-04 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks a bunch!

Hi Mihir,
    Currrently I ahve some Regular gear since my server is not strong enough to get hard modes on ICC. This is what I got so far. I am at the point where i dont know either to gem for Arm Pen to get near the cap to get rid of the Needle Trink or Going for Agility. What do you think?

Also, I have Shadowvault's Slayer Cloak - Heroic (25) Gunship. But since I dont know what to gem for right now, Im not using it. Please let me know what u think

us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&cn=Warfrag

*Also plannin on going tank ... what should be better?

Thanks

Mihir, Pepper again.

Have some questions on my gemming dilemma at the moment, more so fishing for what you would. So I've been working to catch my druid up gear wise (as I told you before) and now I'm in a weird stat phase where I can either be Arp cap with what spread sheets are saying is a 2% Avoid on the melee table (.9% miss and 1.1% dodged)from hit/exp; or I can be hit/exp capped sitting @ around 1360ish ArP.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Peppercini

I do have the SoMM ring but the hit is the bigger concern...or is it? Help me oh mighty Mihir.

<3Thanks, Pepper.

Edit: I will be power leveling JC soon so I know that will help but in th emean time I'd hate for my dps to suffer. Should I switch back to ikfuris till my 4 piece?
    Last edited by Peppercat; 2010-09-05 at 06:24 AM.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Fix meh

Hey Mihir,

Fix me? Or somthing? Just curious if im doing anything wrong atm.
    This last week i did 16.5k on saurfang heroic 25man(Standing fight)
    Also did 10k on Heroic putrid 25man (moving fight)
    Just wondering if i should be higher with the gear i have atm.
    I cant post Link yet so look up "Gabbeh" on US-Alexstrasza

its me again at what point can i go black magic to be greater than berserking(without getting rs trink)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Imortaldruid

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rius&cn=Kunkka

I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at my character and help me figure out what to do next. At the time, I don't have much else in terms of other gear with me.

The way I look at it, my gear seems to be at an absolute stand still until I get either the 277 tokens or the Halion Trinket. I'm not sure if I can afford to drop any armor pen, hit, or expertise at all. I'd like your opinion on that.

Also, I'm a bit confused on the value of hit and expertise. I understand that the value of their dps increases significantly at higher gear levels. In my gear, I'd like to have them capped. However, on EJ, it says "When you have a lot of iLvl 264 Gear or higher from ICC, they turn out to be extremely good. Try to reach the caps then. Only ArP will be better (and only if you're near the hard cap)"

Can you make some sense of that to me? I'm not sure I understand what they're getting at.

Thanks,
    Kunkka
    Last edited by Rawrcanine; 2010-09-05 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaku View Post
    Hi Mihir,
    Currrently I ahve some Regular gear since my server is not strong enough to get hard modes on ICC. This is what I got so far. I am at the point where i dont know either to gem for Arm Pen to get near the cap to get rid of the Needle Trink or Going for Agility. What do you think?

Also, I have Shadowvault's Slayer Cloak - Heroic (25) Gunship. But since I dont know what to gem for right now, Im not using it. Please let me know what u think

us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&cn=Warfrag

*Also plannin on going tank ... what should be better?

Thanks
    Looks pretty good the way you gemmed atm, you're slightly high on arpen tho. You're at 741, and the softcap is 722. Additionally you could use arpen food. So at the very least change the 20arpen gem in the yellow socket in your belt to 10agi+10haste, and if you feel like using arpen food you can change 2 more 20arpen gems to 20agi. Also, berserking > mongoose, tho I guess you're using mongoose since it's also your tanking weapon?

As long as you're using NES you should be going for the softcap; when you get a trinket that's better than NES you should replace it. There's no fixed amount of arpen you should have before you get rid of NES, it's all about what trinket you're switching in for it. Good options are DV/DC, DBW, STS, HWT and WFS. Anything else is unlikely be worth switching to, unless you're able to go straight to the hardcap.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peppercat View Post
    Mihir, Pepper again.

Have some questions on my gemming dilemma at the moment, more so fishing for what you would. So I've been working to catch my druid up gear wise (as I told you before) and now I'm in a weird stat phase where I can either be Arp cap with what spread sheets are saying is a 2% Avoid on the melee table (.9% miss and 1.1% dodged)from hit/exp; or I can be hit/exp capped sitting @ around 1360ish ArP.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Peppercini

I do have the SoMM ring but the hit is the bigger concern...or is it? Help me oh mighty Mihir.

<3Thanks, Pepper.

Edit: I will be power leveling JC soon so I know that will help but in th emean time I'd hate for my dps to suffer. Should I switch back to ikfuris till my 4 piece?
    I see in your activity log you got a 277 Gangrenous Leggings as well? You'd be best off going with those, and keeping T10 chest/shoulders. 20 arpen in everything, nightmare tear in your helm, and massacre on weapon (beats other enchants due to lack of hit/haste).

If you don't have those legs anymore of if they're gemmed for tanking, then you should just stay with 3T10 for now; you could go a bit higher on arpen/crit by replacing 20hit gems with 10agi+10hit or 20arpen gems, like 10agi+10hit in head/chest/gloves/belt, and 20arpen in boots/bracers.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badjoe242 View Post
    Hey Mihir,

Fix me? Or somthing? Just curious if im doing anything wrong atm.
    This last week i did 16.5k on saurfang heroic 25man(Standing fight)
    Also did 10k on Heroic putrid 25man (moving fight)
    Just wondering if i should be higher with the gear i have atm.
    I cant post Link yet so look up "Gabbeh" on US-Alexstrasza
    You could definitely be a bit higher on those, but that might have more to do with uptimes/clipping/strats than gear. If you post a WoL or similar I might be able to give some insights on that.

Some very small optimizations to your buffs+gear: What kind of food are you using? I can recommend going with arpen food as it's easy to farm, and would allow you to get the socket bonuses in your belt/cloak by putting a 10hit+10exp gems in 1 and a 10agi+10hit in the other. Which would in turn increase your crit cap a bit allowing you to put 22agi enchant on cloak.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrcanine View Post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rius&cn=Kunkka

I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at my character and help me figure out what to do next. At the time, I don't have much else in terms of other gear with me.

The way I look at it, my gear seems to be at an absolute stand still until I get either the 277 tokens or the Halion Trinket. I'm not sure if I can afford to drop any armor pen, hit, or expertise at all. I'd like your opinion on that.

Also, I'm a bit confused on the value of hit and expertise. I understand that the value of their dps increases significantly at higher gear levels. In my gear, I'd like to have them capped. However, on EJ, it says "When you have a lot of iLvl 264 Gear or higher from ICC, they turn out to be extremely good. Try to reach the caps then. Only ArP will be better (and only if you're near the hard cap)"

Can you make some sense of that to me? I'm not sure I understand what they're getting at.

Thanks,
    Kunkka
    That EJ text seems somewhat outdated, since in my experience when you use BM, crit cap becomes more important than hit/exp caps. In your case however, since you're still a fair bit away from the crit cap, and also fairly high on haste, it seems more beneficial to switch to either berserking, or executioner. Both seem to end up at pretty much the exact same dps, but the berserking setup is lower on hit/exp so it will be slightly harder to keep the rotation going.

So I recommend the following:
    - switch weapon enchant to executioner
    - move the nightmare tear to the yellow socket in your chest
    - put 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your gloves, belt, legs and rep ring
    - change gloves enchant to 20agi
    - put arpen in weapon sockets

This way you're arpen softcapped, gain 10agi in socket bonuses, and trade a bit of hit for some agi to get closer to the crit cap.

Besides heroic tokens and halion trinket, you can still look forward to the sindragosa neck :P
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-05 at 11:37 PM.

That makes a lot of sense. I sort of forgot Executioner existed. What you've suggested I would have never thought of. Executioner is way cool looking, so I'll go with that, as well as everything else you've suggested.

I have one more question I'd like your input on. I want to switch to Engineering because it's fun to throw bombs at things (lol), and it's some nice dps over BS. I wasn't too sure on doing it before because I'd lose both my hit enchants. With what you've suggested, do you think that would be a good idea now?

Thank you, Mihir. This thread is magical.

Also, I'm convinced the Sindy neck doesn't exist, but I will keep my hopes up, now!
    Last edited by Rawrcanine; 2010-09-06 at 12:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'm convinced the Sindy neck doesn't exist, but I will keep my hopes up, now!
    it does i got prove

as for kitty's its not like rouge who can jsut throw a bomb when they are out of engery wating to regen, if we throw a bomb we get shifted out and loose out on melee attacks witch nerfs our dps instead :/
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it does i got prove

as for kitty's its not like rouge who can jsut throw a bomb when they are out of engery wating to regen, if we throw a bomb we get shifted out and loose out on melee attacks witch nerfs our dps instead :/

You're wrong, actually. The bombs do not shift you out and they are off the GCD.

Your spelling was also atrocious.

Engineering was worth it, in all honesty, though. Even if it wasn't great damage, it's exceptionally fun.
    Last edited by Rawrcanine; 2010-09-08 at 09:54 PM.

thanks in advance

First off, thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and experience. If you wouldn't mind, could you take a look at my setup and make any suggestions. The more opinions the better.

sorry, can't post links yet.

character name: Osstate
    server: lightbringer

I have recently had the good fortune of getting into some heroic content so I have my eyes set on the 277 gloves, but advice on what to save my rolls for would be appreciated. We're currently 9/12 hardmode (marrowgar, lootship, sauerfang, rot, fester, PP, princes, queen, and dreamwalker).

Thanks again!

Deleted
    Looks nice. You could gain a tiny bit of dps by moving the nightmare tear to the yellow socket in your gloves, putting 10hit+10exp in the yellow sockets in your belt/legs, 20 arpen gems in your weapon, and 22agi enchant on cloak. Your best upgrade is the T10.277 legs, and after that 277 versions of other gear you have (T10 chest/head, gloves, trinket, neck, bracers, marrowgar ring, putricide hc belt).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-07 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it does i got prove

Can you please, for the love of god stop posting missinformation ? This is like the 10th statement you've made in whatever shape or form about kitty's that is simply pulled out of your arse. I understand that Rawrcanine allready responded to you and corrected you, but still.

I too have proof it exists, enhance shaman took it this week :|

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    First of all, get berserking instead of mongoose, mongoose is no viable dps enchant anymore since the nerf. You got your nightmare tear in the prismatic socket in your belt, which makes little sense; you always want to put it in a blue socket with good socket bonus. So move it to the blue socket in your weapon. Since you aren't hitcapped, you should put icewalker enchant on your boots. Since you are getting pretty close to the crit cap as well, you aren't in any position to be gemming haste atm; go with 20hit in your +6 yellow sockets (chest, gloves, belt, legs), and 20arpen in all other sockets.
    Hi again,

hoping for a quick check on my build - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Iamsquishy

Recently got some 25man tokens and the Sindy neck. My question would be, when should I start replacing the hit gems for pure arp gems? I'm getting close to the hard cap here, if I were to gem arp straight up I would be at 1300 (1340 with food buff) - is that good enough to ignore some hit?

any other comments would be welcomed, thanks again Mihir!