Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HC trash as shadow

Started playing my SP after long break (last played in tbc). Started hc farming for some gear. Single target priorition is fine, but I was wondering what do you fellow SP's do in trash packs in hc's. I mean the packs with like 3 or less mobs and usually now they die fast so not worth dottin. In tbc mobs didnt die so fast so almost always multidottin did the job but now what? Share your stuff that what you usually do and I will appriciate it.

Re: HC trash as shadow

It depends. Really. I usually take a pull or two to evaluate until I know exactly how good the group is. For example, I had a group with four guildies from a Grand Crusader guild that all had massively great gear the other day, so I just went with MB/MF for most of the trash (exclusing some 4-packs). This because the mobs died after 5-6 seconds either way.

However, if the mobs last for a good 10 seconds or so, I'll usually multidot/AoE.

Mind Sear, what else? All trash is AoE trash!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Mind Sear, what else? All trash is AoE trash!
    This man has balls.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Mind Shear if its standar 60k hp trash, multidot if its 120k hp ones (obviously multidot in ToC and ICC HCs)

Dont Shear if its less than 4 mobs in the pack: Singletarget dps > MS hitting 2 mobs
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

lazy mode MS trash ftw, hit fade if you have to, then do real dps on bosses.

Just Mind Sear everything. Doesn't matter if it's single target, it's still the most stylish spell you've got.

3 mobs you could VT all 3 then mind sear, when one dies mind flay instead

if your running a cleavetrain heroic where things die to fast theres no need to worry about your dps because it doesn't matter if things die before they get a melee swing off

Thanks for answers. All was quite what I've been doing allready except "Mind sear everything" in packs of 3 or less. Just have to remember to check the party's effectivity in first packs to adjust what to do in later packs.

Do you group a favor and que as a healer.
    Dps when u can, but shadow priests suck for small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    Do you group a favor and que as a healer.
    Dps when u can, but shadow priests suck for small groups.
    Also, when you queue as healer, remember still to Mind Sear every trash pack!

That's what I do. Healing is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Also, when you queue as healer, remember still to Mind Sear every trash pack!

That's what I do. Healing is overrated
    Isn't holy nova better? You don't to use any other spell than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Isn't holy nova better? You don't to use any other spell than it.
    Depends on the packs

HC is not HEROIC, H = heroic

mind sear is only an efficient but average/below-average aoe

if you put SW:P up on packs of 3+ and then mindsear, you'll do the most dps you can do

if it's in ICC, you will do more if you VT/SW:P them all and then spam mindsear until there are 2 left then you single-target them down

most spriests suck, if you're bad, you won't stand out. most just spam mindsear on trash and never swap or multi-dot on bosses

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    HC is an acceptable abbreviation of heroic. Its usage just depends on localization.

The abbreviation "HC" for heroic came before there were heroic raids, or that it meant 25man and not 10man raids. Some people played the game before WotLK, is that so hard to grasp?

It's above average aoe if there is 4 or more targets.

if you put SW:P up on packs of 3+ and then mindsear, you'll do the most dps you can do
    No no no! VT if anything, SW:P is a useless ability to spam, and will just drain your mana.

if it's in ICC, you will do more if you VT/SW:P them all and then spam mindsear until there are 2 left then you single-target them down
    If you care for trash clearing in ICC, you're doing it wrong.

most spriests suck, if you're bad, you won't stand out. most just spam mindsear on trash and never swap or multi-dot on bosses
    Most people that does that also post bad stuff on forums, like you just did.

Guess you're talking out of experience (or out of your arse?)

VT your target then mind sear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Isn't holy nova better?
    our 1st yogg0 kill i had like 2 sanity left the last 3% so i ran in and spammed nova

..bout the only time I've ever used it

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    our 1st yogg0 kill i had like 2 sanity left the last 3% so i ran in and spammed nova

..bout the only time I've ever used it
    It got a 95% chance to trigger Surge of Light. I use it a lot in heroics

To 99% of the WoW community, hc acctually is heroic.
    I know it acctually means hardcore, but when what, 8? 9? million people use the same term for the same thing, even though it's not what it originally means, it's ok to say it... And I've never seen "LFM h nexus", always "LFM HC Nexus"... HeroiC works fine.