Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Heroic Lich King Kill, PTR 3.3.3 Build 11623

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Note about the Celestial Steed - A few people reported that on the official site, Algalon is the last boss of the Vault of Archavon and assume that he will be available in this instance in a later patch. I would say that this is very unlikely, the official dungeons pages are greatly outdated (Ulduar is still shown as an "unknown" raid instance without any information) and this is most likely a very old error.
    While this is most likely true, an Algalon-style boss of similar mechanics but less difficulty wouldn't be inconceivable as a finishing boss for Vault of Archavon in 3.3.3 or even in 4.0 after this final arena season of the expansion has ended.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    While this is most likely true, an Algalon-style boss of similar mechanics but less difficulty wouldn't be inconceivable as a finishing boss for Vault of Archavon in 3.3.3 or even in 4.0 after this final arena season of the expansion has ended.
    Hell with that..

I want to see Algalon in there so that the millions of people that rush in for free gear get owned by Big Bang (not to mention watching heroic-geared tanks get splattered by his regular melee due to poor/pvp healers).

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    It is indeed a very old error and the information shouldn't be there.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/12730...-voa-pugs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Well sure... but i just don't like the way they try and big themselves up like a child saying "Yeah, we could've done it without the buff but we didn't bother".

Why couldn't they just come out and say "We needed to use the buff to down him".
    Because that would not increase their e-peen size, and we all know how important that is. I mean, some random people on the internet might think less of them!

10+ Year Old Account

It should be interesting in seeing how long it takes guilds to kill LK in Heroic 25. What's he have at that difficulty, 61 million or something right?

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark
    It should be interesting in seeing how long it takes guilds to kill LK in Heroic 25. What's he have at that difficulty, 61 million or something right?
    105million I believe.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

i love playing wow, for 5yrs ive played it. but due to work am unable to raid. I am happy to see raiders take down endgame bosses, but i am rather tiresome of the same guilds getting all this limelight over taking down each and every boss in every endgame instance. Its cool that people are reaching the content. But when its the sme guild every time, i get bored and tired of them getting screentime on my computer. I love mmo-champ and think its a great site,. but really, isnt anyone else getting annoyed that its always the same 3 guilds downing bosses and getting their names mentioned.

and of-course im frickin' jealous, im not going to lie about it. But i hate the constant reminder that we're not good enough.

Does anyone know the loot that dropped? I've tried going to their site, but nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Note about the Celestial Steed - A few people reported that on the official site, Algalon is the last boss of the Vault of Archavon and assume that he will be available in this instance in a later patch. I would say that this is very unlikely, the official dungeons pages are greatly outdated (Ulduar is still shown as an "unknown" raid instance without any information) and this is most likely a very old error.
    updated with a couple of new effects and looks very nice as well.

Algalon end boss in VoA eh..
    So... Ulduar was merely a setback? Or what?
    But seriously, I wonder what the droprate on the mount will be.

Grats to Paragon.

Also, Blizz should add a Feat of Strength to kill heroic LK without the buff on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer

See a difference there? Ensida chose to make use of a bug that they admit they saw (although they may or may not have actually known why, or made a deliberate attempt to exploit it), but not report it until after it had helped them. Paragon tried to live with and work around a bug that hurt them, after reporting it immediately. Your comparison doesn't even make sense.
    Making shit up so it suits your argument doesnt change the past. Gm were watching the Ensidia fight as it happened. You dont have to report shit when Blizzard is peeking over your shoulder the whole time.

Fire

Hmmm fire might come close to arcane now with the fireball glyph + your pyroblasts hitting like a train filled with trucks. go go ignite ticks...maybe?

EDIT: Actually it will be very close to arcane now that I think about it more with the upcoming nerf to Incanter's Absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja
    How can they accidentally change a skill's minimum range? And include it in patch notes? oO
    It wasn't in the patch notes. It was found in MMOs data mining of the tooltips for changes.

well if only i could PLAY the ptr but all i get it to look at the character screen if i try to log in it crashes cause of some model thing blizzard messed up yay! :
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Well sure... but i just don't like the way they try and big themselves up like a child saying "Yeah, we could've done it without the buff but we didn't bother".

Why couldn't they just come out and say "We needed to use the buff to down him".
    I guess is just how you decide to interpret the quote -

"We had worked our way around the spirit problem on last week's reset and the kill was within our grasp even without any extra attempts or buffs. "

I myself don't think they are bragging about it, just saying they came very close but couldn't get a kill.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am only going ot be impressed when a guild beats LK 25hc with no purchased spells, ie level 1 basic and their w[orn dagger] and [battered staff] and [acolyte's robe!]!11eleven!!11one Better yet, they have to all be wearing [simple black dress] [mining pick] [skinning knife] [fishing pole]. /sarcasm

Seriously... as it has been said before ad nauseum, buffs are there to be used. /thread

Did anyone ever NOT take a spell upgrade, buff, piece of gear because it would make them increase their DPS? I do not understand any of this 'they used the buff' crying. Yes, you are CRYING!! This is a game, we are adults, (well most of us). Enjoy the game, congratz to people when they do good, help people when they need it, flame the anal jokers, nuff said.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

The Mark of Honour part is my favourite!

Mangle?! A minute?! There is a God!

Quote Originally Posted by Kattias
    Making shit up so it suits your argument doesnt change the past. Gm were watching the Ensidia fight as it happened. You dont have to report shit when Blizzard is peeking over your shoulder the whole time.
    You know this, how? More importantly, Ensidia would have known this, how? I'm making shit up to suit my argument? You have no idea if Blizzard was watching, and Ensidia certainly could not have had any idea at the time. GM's that do this kind of this are invisible. Several members of Ensidia have admitted to noticing a bug. Some have said they reported it right away, but the fact that they never mention it in any early posts, and at first denied that there was one, makes this statement questionable. No one has said anything about thinking they didn't need to report the bug since Blizzard was already watching. Indeed several of their actions early on would make quite a bit less sense if they thought they were being watched.

Actually, if you are (were) a top guild, attempting the hardest boss in the game, and potentially kill it for the first time, it'd be naive of you to think you ARENT being watched. Id put money on the fact someone from blizz is watching when stuff like this goes down.