Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Amber void and emerald void in one visit?

A quick quesion guys,is it possible to do those 2 achievements in one visit?It'll mean that we need to take 5 tanking drakes,just curious because i'm lacking those 2 achievements to my Glory of the hero.

Deleted

Re: Amber void and emerald void in one visit?

Either have enough gear to outscale the boss by a large amount - or try to do him without any drakes.

I certainly have done them both in one visit, it wasn't too hard, but you need people who know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn
    A quick quesion guys,is it possible to do those 2 achievements in one visit?It'll mean that we need to take 5 tanking drakes,just curious because i'm lacking those 2 achievements to my Glory of the hero.
    two @ once i possible i did ruby and emerald @ once pre drakes buffs we used time stops but now that the drakes scale and that kinda shit i think it can be done with 5 ruby without an problem if you got some gear i think its hard with 5 drake with 75k HP

Its not only possible .. its actually one of the easiest ways to do it imo

I did it with 4 Red Drakes and a Holy Pala healing said drakes. Worked fine.

5 red drakes eliminates the whelp factor immensely. One thing you can do is have your healer not on a drake standing on the small floating platform where most groups typically start from. they just need to stay in close. The healer can't get hit by the orbs when eregos phases and the whelps are dead as fast as they spawn. Really fun way of doing it

Ruby and Emerald are the easiest to do at the same time - take 5 bronze drakes and set up a rotation. Everyone channels while one person spams their attack button. Then, when you reach 10 stacks fire away. Repeat but alternate who is attacking since they will be tanking and you don't want them dying. When he enrages, hit your time stop button and keep pew-pewing. It should take about 2 mebbe 3 enrages to get him down.

Possible. Not easy. But possible.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgandalf
    5 red drakes eliminates the whelp factor immensely. One thing you can do is have your healer not on a drake standing on the small floating platform where most groups typically start from. they just need to stay in close. The healer can't get hit by the orbs when eregos phases and the whelps are dead as fast as they spawn. Really fun way of doing it
    What he said. And it is very easy.

It's this. Your group needs to make sure they move back to the healer on every banish phase, though. You can stand right on top of him, he won't get hit at all. It will be a long fight, though.

This. I've done it as a resto druid specced for raid healing, so you don't need to be a tank healer. And it was pre-gear-nerf the first time.

The healer can get aggro from the whelps, so make sure that you're using the chain attack on the whelps...it does more damage to Eregos if he's at the end of the chain anyway.

Whelps are only a problem if the red drake users don't know how to handle them (damage scales up each jump, so target whelps, not Eregos).

Anyhow, the only problem with a pure ruby group is that the spell redirection ability becomes pretty pointless (or you only need it to protect a dismounted healer, which can cause other problems). However, very little damage should be going out here and the fight has become significantly easier, so it's definitely possible. The above trick with targeting whelps helps to deal more damage against Eregos to an extend. Everyone should save up some evasive charges for his enrages though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    Whelps are only a problem if the red drake users don't know how to handle them (damage scales up each jump, so target whelps, not Eregos).

Anyhow, the only problem with a pure ruby group is that the spell redirection ability becomes pretty pointless (or you only need it to protect a dismounted healer, which can cause other problems). However, very little damage should be going out here and the fight has become significantly easier, so it's definitely possible. The above trick with targeting whelps helps to deal more damage against Eregos to an extend. Everyone should save up some evasive charges for his enrages though.
    Spell redirection doesn't become entirely pointless, if you do an enrage rotation where you pop martyrdom + evasion which should result in no one taking any damage.

The best way is to get Amber Void first by using 2 reds and 3 greens.
    Next day you get Emerald and Ruby by using 5 yellows.

Not sure why you got ruby void while using green drakes. That's kind of dumb, TBH.

15+ Year Old Account

It is possible.
    As I recall we did it with timing time stops right after eachother.
    4 drakes cast the temporal rift one and the 5th shoots.

same for me 5 yellow timed time stop bang ruby/amber achivenment and a nice red proto at the end

The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

5 tank drakes is ridiculously easy. We did it pre-nerfs and pre-gear-scaling with absolutely no problems whatsoever. It was easier than doing it the 'normal' way, even then. Doing it now, with the nerfs and gear scaling, is laughable. As long as you rotate who takes the groups damage (i forget the ability name) in a sensible way you'll be fine.

That said, pre-nerfs, doing it with all dps drakes was a feat, IMO. Timing the time-stops to prevent the whelps, alternating who's chaneling vs who's dps'ing to maximize dps, it was good times.

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN
    Its not only possible .. its actually one of the easiest ways to do it imo
    On shotted it this way on my shaman in a LFG session. A couple of us were very against it, but I figured give it one try at least and we pwned it. 5 Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Just adding my voice to the many who have already said they've done it with 4 ruby and a dismounted healer. It was an extremely easy fight. We did a Martyr rotation to protect our healer, but I don't know that it was necessary.