Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Problems on Valithria as ret

Hey guys, fairly new to the later half of icc. Pulled and won the Valithria encounter on 25 man no worries, groups split across the room etc, but tonight we were on 10 hardmode, and it's the first time I've actually seen the mana leeching void zones.

They are a major pain in the ass but I'm assuming I'm the one doing something wrong, I try to avoid them, but sometimes we get an aoe frostbolt and a void zone just under me, so no mana to dispell, I'm stuck, and DP not up etc, or more frequently I just don't seem to be far away enough to avoid the leech.

Any tips/suggestions? in just a couple of seconds I go completely oom and it's really bugging me, don't want to slow the fight down.

Cheers!

Re: Problems on Valithria as ret

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    runic manapotion?
    manatap+SoWisdom?
    innervate?)
    lolwhat?

You are damn near fucked if you get it. LoH yourself, and dont use con or HW, or exo for awhile.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    I was referring to arcane torrent. Forgot the name of my own racial for a moment oO
    epic. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gash46
    Hey guys, fairly new to the later half of icc. Pulled and won the Valithria encounter on 25 man no worries, groups split across the room etc, but tonight we were on 10 hardmode, and it's the first time I've actually seen the mana leeching void zones.

They are a major pain in the ass but I'm assuming I'm the one doing something wrong, I try to avoid them, but sometimes we get an aoe frostbolt and a void zone just under me, so no mana to dispell, I'm stuck, and DP not up etc, or more frequently I just don't seem to be far away enough to avoid the leech.

Any tips/suggestions? in just a couple of seconds I go completely oom and it's really bugging me, don't want to slow the fight down.

Cheers!
    Honestly in 10 Man Heroic I use Seal of wisdom and mana dump heals into the boss, At the same time you never run our of mana with sow+jow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

It's sort of weird opening a thread and being absolutely baffled at what a person is talking about. I've never had mana problems on valit as ret or holy, just sounds weird. Anyway yeah loh yourself but consider cleansing/hofing volley so you don't get sucked in, in the first place? Also try to make sure you lead into stuff with judge every time to keep from having to put plea on cooldown.

Also I assume it is rsts? So try to stay away from other players.

Mana pot and ...wait for it...don't stay in void zones

In addition to what everyone has said already, you want to interrupt the Frostbolt volley when possible since it does drain the whole raids mana when it casts.

Heroic Archmage use http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72015 and burn mana on each frostbolt volley. You want to assign kicks on these too

using seal of command and the glyph for it is also a good way to regain more mana...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&cn=samarito

Quote Originally Posted by Samarito
    using seal of command and the glyph for it is also a good way to regain more mana...
    Do not under any circumstance do this.

The snare can be cleansed and/or use blessing of freedom.

Don't stand in void zones.... and make sure you are popping divine plea in between your fol heals(yes they help, plus it gives dargons hotz!)

While all of the suggestions seem like good ones, I found myself in the same predicament as the OP. I even went so far as to remove myself from the raid so the group could actually finish the encounter. The next night they killed heroic Dreamwalker in one of their first few attempts. The group we used had no mage in it and as such I only had less than 7k mana from the get go. On attempts where I was able to avoid the mana burn void zones, the frostbolt mana leech soundly whooped my ass.

It'd be nice if they changed the Volley to work like mana burns in PvP where it is percentage based. Eventually I am sure my guild/group will find a work-around for this issue, but until then I might just continue to step out when we reach that boss and sense this being a problem again.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Also, don't use consecrate it's a total waste on this fight.

Between trash waves if you know you're just going to get owned by the drain anyway burn all your mana healing Vali. Make sure you are judging wisdom and have it off cooldown when a priority target pops up like a blazing skeleton and use judgement first - BAM - theres 2k mana right there and enough to burst the mob down and get a replenishment proc.

I've never had any problems with the void zones, you just have 1 really major change from normal.
    Don't let any frost bolts go off, we're basicly oom after 1 of them and the healer(s) outside will be pissed.
    You have HoJ and HW and for the cool kids arcane torrent.
    And make sure you cleanse your tank from the gut spray, healers want to use all their gcds to heal her up.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Use seal of wisdom for like a sec or two to build your mana back up to 1/4, that is what I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver
    Do not under any circumstance do this.
    Absolutely Wrong.

Since concecration is nearly worthless for this fight (except for rot worms, really) swapping out concecration glyph for SoC glyph is a -great- way to keep yourself topped off with mana; especially if you lack a few interruptors.

The volleys should be getting interrupted and bad luck on void zones are just that. Cons on this fight isn't useless, it just has to be used at the right times. Judge wisdom and cleanse yourself. Frost Aura isn't a bad idea anyway to begin with. Use Divine Plea on CD like it was a damage ability, you might lose a little deeps but this isn't a dps race it's a heal race. Now someone will come back and say it is a dps race you have to get the adds down blah blah! With all the switching and MANAGING ADDS everyone's dps will drop. Biggest tip I can give you is, you have 3 interrupts(unless immune to repent) watch to catch any interrupt that might be missed. If interrupts are a problem you can always switch to seal of justice and put your trust in rng!(while in theory this could work, this is no way a solution for interrupts)

Why switch out glyph of consecration with SoC when you can switch it out with SoV? Cons is good in any aoe situation(Suppressors have that nasty -10% healing debuff on boss) Are you spec'd for 10% more mana in holy?

1.Spec into holy for more int if not already
    2.Change Glyph SoV with SoC
    3.Watch for interrupts
    4.DP on CD
    5.Judge wisdom
    6.Worst case-NOTICE WORST CASE.....ok now we have that clear try switching out 1 piece of gear with a holy piece ring,neck,etc. What piece is totally dependent on the gear you have . Let's assume the piece of gear is gemmed int or something along those lines.

15+ Year Old Account

The fight isn't a DPS Race it's a healing Race be a hybrid and help heal using Seal of Wisdom if you are really holding your raid together by your DPS you running out of mana is the least of your worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blazto
    Why switch out glyph of consecration with SoC when you can switch it out with SoV? Cons is good in any aoe situation(Suppressors have that nasty -10% healing debuff on boss) Are you spec'd for 10% more mana in holy?

1.Spec into holy for more int if not already
    2.Change Glyph SoV with SoC
    3.Watch for interrupts
    4.DP on CD
    5.Judge wisdom
    6.Worst case-NOTICE WORST CASE.....ok now we have that clear try switching out 1 piece of gear with a holy piece ring,neck,etc. What piece is totally dependent on the gear you have . Let's assume the piece of gear is gemmed int or something along those lines.
    Dont spec into Divine Intellect (which increases intellect, not mana, by 10%).
    NEVER change out your gear for Holy pieces: A better option is to toss on SoW and use DS on an AE pack once to gain up to 20-24% of your max mana.