Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: To all ehancements doing 10k+

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    Just slightly offtopic, how does TAiaJ work out for enhance?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azgalor&cn=Pvaulter

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3460&e=3690

The more gear you get the more you will need TAiaJ. Wish our Demo lock didnt decide to no show last night :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Tankheal
    i see you all haste gemmed, does that mean iam wrong gemmed then? :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...or&cn=Tankheal
    If your doing competitive dps and your downing bosses, no reason to switch now. Might want to consider it when you get upgrades though

Quote Originally Posted by Pvaulter
    If your doing competitive dps and your downing bosses, no reason to switch now. Might want to consider it when you get upgrades though
    i do 8.3k dps at the max at melee friendly bosses (festgut, saurfang) but i got the feeling that it could be much better, altho i understand haste is much better when having 4s t10 due to faster 5 stacks of mealstrom.

i do 8.3k dps at the max at melee friendly bosses (festgut, saurfang) but i got the feeling that it could be much better, altho i understand haste is much better when having 4s t10 due to faster 5 stacks of mealstrom.
    With your gear its probably a raid set up problem or maybe a rotation or not setting down fire ele totem. Even with that gear and gemming ap you should be around 10k now with the 5% buff

i see you all haste gemmed, does that mean iam wrong gemmed then? :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...or&cn=Tankheal
    Not sure if you simmed or not, but all AP is probably not that great for you. 5k+ AP is good, but you would most likely be better off with Haste in Yellows and Haste/AP in Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by eeva
    Not sure if you simmed or not, but all AP is probably not that great for you. 5k+ AP is good, but you would most likely be better off with Haste in Yellows and Haste/AP in Reds.
    i havent simmed yet..

EDIT: because.. i dont know how it works..

ive been very lucky with drops the last couple weeks, but until recently, I found AP/Haste and Haste gems always simming to be best.

Pretty sure you need to add 2x 20Exp gems too. 26/26 is what you want.. not 22.

i havent simmed yet..

EDIT: because.. i dont know how it works..
    Good basic video for basic Rawr usage that applies to any class.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjRM5SUoOoQ

Once you know how to use Rawr (it's really not tough to just load your current character form the armory) then you go to the Export menu and choose "Export EnhSim Configuration to Clipboard". Choose "Copy Character from Clipboard" within EnhSim to import your stats.

This is the first link I found from Google that looked comprehensive for EnhSim. I'm sure there are other/better links out there. I've never used this page so if the info contained within is not 100% correct then I apologize, but from glancing at the screenshots it looks like at least a good starting point:
    http://bighitbox.com/bhb/2009/9/25/t...m-it-baby.html

I did 10.5k the other night on Saurf and I'm wearing 1 piece of Sanctified and a 264/251 wep combo. NO, you do not need amazing gear to pull these numbers just simply focus on what you are doing.

P.S. My guild is still on normal modes and have Queen, Sindragosa and Arthas left so we are certainly not what would be called "amazing".

Deleted

I managed to do about 10.4k dps on Blood Queen BEFORE being bitten and BEFORE bloodlust, kept it stable for about 2 minutes since i didn't get flames or any other debuff.

got quite decent gear though, Black Bruise and Keleseth normal versions, mostly 264 gear but terrible shoes.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Skandalize

Just as Barawr said, focus on what you are doing and do it right = high profit

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    You could pick up your neck bonus by switching your neck and glove gems :P
    Noticed that the other day when I armory stalked you.
    Heh, nice call. I picked up neck a few days after the gloves and I don't usually pay attention to agi socket bonuses and I hate swapping out epic gems.

Gonna necro this thread a bit here.

I'm having a similar issue as the op. I generally only hit 10k on trash pulls or fights where what aoe we do boosts our numbers.

Here's my armory.

My rotation is as specified here by Levva using his wonderful mod.

I'm not sure if its practice or what but I seem to be stuck in the 8-9k range with my guild which does a decent job of stacking raid buffs. My guess is its the gear to a degree as I haven't had the best luck with drops in 25man and have had to subsist on my 10man for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by 2box
    Gonna necro this thread a bit here.

I'm having a similar issue as the op. I generally only hit 10k on trash pulls or fights where what aoe we do boosts our numbers.

I'm not sure if its practice or what but I seem to be stuck in the 8-9k range with my guild which does a decent job of stacking raid buffs.
    8-9k is really good for most ICC fights. So don't sweat it. Most anecdotal reports of 10k dps by enh shaman are exaggerations. The ones telling the truth are probably talking about Sauerfang or other fights where you do nothing but stand still and dps. Sure, if you're decked out in ilvl 277 gear and getting Tricksed by rogues, you can do some pretty awesome dps. And of course, you can RNG it and have 90% of your LBs be crits on a fight now and again. But this is not the norm.

As was said a few pages back, unless you're completely ignoring your other dps responsibilities (oozes, bone spikes, valkyrs, adds, etc), then you aren't going hit 10k or beyond regularly, let alone effortlessly.

I can hit 10k on Sauerfang and Toravon. But if you're talking 10k on Lich King or whatever, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by spiny
    8-9k is really good for most ICC fights. So don't sweat it. Most anecdotal reports of 10k dps by enh shaman are exaggerations. The ones telling the truth are probably talking about Sauerfang or other fights where you do nothing but stand still and dps. Sure, if you're decked out in ilvl 277 gear and getting Tricksed by rogues, you can do some pretty awesome dps. And of course, you can RNG it and have 90% of your LBs be crits on a fight now and again. But this is not the norm.

As was said a few pages back, unless you're completely ignoring your other dps responsibilities (oozes, bone spikes, valkyrs, adds, etc), then you aren't going hit 10k or beyond regularly, let alone effortlessly.

I can hit 10k on Sauerfang and Toravon. But if you're talking 10k on Lich King or whatever, good luck!

Amen to that I saw this thread last week and this week i decided to ignore all of my roles and just focus on DPS and i easely hit 9.5k+ in some bosses and 10k+ in most. It really doesn't benefit anyone but yourself if you want to like app to another guild and show ur "leet" dps but then they can see u didnt dispell/interrupt/hit adds etc.

I consistantly pull 10k+ on Festergut and Saurfang. At the time of my last raid I was on WoL for world 2nd Blood Princes and world 3rd Deathwhisper for enhance shaman, i might have dropped a few spots since then.

15+ Year Old Account

You need consider a lot of factors that contribute to ones dps aside from gear and rotation. Bloodlust/Heroism lengths are static (40 seconds). Speed pots as well (15 seconds). You'll always see dps who want to get the most out of their performance pre-potting when they can. So even assuming they give a tank a second to establish threat, they have a potential 29 seconds of hasted combat from pots and 40 seconds from BL. If you are in a top end guild, the people around you are at the top of their game as well, meaning the fights are shorter. Their performance in turn boosts your numbers just by shortening the length of unhasted dps time. Everyone knows higher dps = shorter fights, but they forget that shorter fights can also equal higher dps. If you are surrounded by great dps, your dps will be boosted as well. If you take a shaman from a guild that takes 6 minutes to kill Saurfang and put him in a guild that kills him in 5 minutes, the shaman's dps will go up. The times where this gets a little cloudy is when your fight length allows an extra cast of wolves vs a fight that was just a few seconds short of that (6:45 fight compared to 5:45 fight) or an extra cast of shamanistic rage with t10 bonus (5:15 fight compared to 5 minutes). The important thing however is to remember that there really are a lot of contributing factors to one's dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aet
    You need consider a lot of factors that contribute to ones dps aside from gear and rotation. Bloodlust/Heroism lengths are static (40 seconds). Speed pots as well (15 seconds). You'll always see dps who want to get the most out of their performance pre-potting when they can. So even assuming they give a tank a second to establish threat, they have a potential 29 seconds of hasted combat from pots and 40 seconds from BL. If you are in a top end guild, the people around you are at the top of their game as well, meaning the fights are shorter. Their performance in turn boosts your numbers just by shortening the length of unhasted dps time. Everyone knows higher dps = shorter fights, but they forget that shorter fights can also equal higher dps. If you are surrounded by great dps, your dps will be boosted as well. If you take a shaman from a guild that takes 6 minutes to kill Saurfang and put him in a guild that kills him in 5 minutes, the shaman's dps will go up. The times where this gets a little cloudy is when your fight length allows an extra cast of wolves vs a fight that was just a few seconds short of that (6:45 fight compared to 5:45 fight) or an extra cast of shamanistic rage with t10 bonus (5:15 fight compared to 5 minutes). The important thing however is to remember that there really are a lot of contributing factors to one's dps.
    I never get how people are getting as much benefit from pre-potting as they say they are. For casters sure, but for us where not only do you need to time your pot with when the tank pulls you have to run in drop totems pop wolves, pop shamanistic rage and then start dpsing which wastes a lot of time on the pot. Now I know your thinking oh I do those things while I'm running in, well the distance you run is typically not enough for you to pop all three things before you get to the boss, also if you pop wolves before totems they get less attack power, if you pop shamanistic rage while your running in you lose time on it, and if you throw down totems while running in you may move out of range of them during the fight if the boss is moved, then you waste another global to throw them down again.

If the boss is like saurfang where you don't have to run in and you can do everything beforehand and pre-pot, you can start smashing him right away and potentially get yourself smashed because you pulled aggro due to popping every cooldown at the start.

TLDR: I just don't see a huge benefit for enhance prepotting like you would see with a ranged class. If I'm terribly wrong please tell me why.

TLDR: I just don't see a huge benefit for enhance prepotting like you would see with a ranged class. If I'm terribly wrong please tell me why.

even if you dont see a huge benefit its still a benefit why not increase your dps, and in my guild the tank counts down on the pull so usually we can prepot for a couple secounds

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69

even if you dont see a huge benefit its still a benefit why not increase your dps, and in my guild the tank counts down on the pull so usually we can prepot for a couple secounds
    The difference in dps that your speaking of could be out done by correcting the smallest deficiency in your priority which 99% of players make during a fight.

the potion of speed lasts 15 sec. and if you assume you're gonna lose some of it due to dropping totems summoning wolves and popping your first wave of cool downs that's still not gonna take more then 5 sec. leaving you with 10 sec. of 500 haste for all your cool downs and procs generated in that time.....it is a pretty big boost imo and well worth the 5 sec. lost on it. I then wait till all my cool downs are gonna be rdy again which is usually on the 2m mark to pop the other one. This keeps me pretty competitive with the other class's.