Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Analyze my performance on Blood Queen (Disc)

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    The fight does favor Holy, quite a bit actually, but that wasn't my point. The issue is that her aura's damage increases as the fight progresses, but also that there are specific things you don't want weakened soul already on people for such as the link, or the shadows. The issue here is that because people are always taking damage PW:S is not going to be your all around best spell. It is your best filler between big casts, but not your best spell overall. Best spells on that fight are PoH, PoM and Binding Heal for Disc and PW:S takes a secondary role being used to mitigate the non-constant damage sources and tanks.

The point is this: When a fight favors a particular style of play, that's how you should play. It is not Lich King where you can stack to 37-40k mana with 3k SP and have infinite mana while being GCD locked with PW:S and doing a great job. It's a fight with constant light damage mixed in with some spikes and positioning issues. It favors AOE heals. As Disc your only choice is PoH.

If he was doing better, using BH instead of FH, using PoH more and PW:S a bit less and the Holy Paladin wasn't trying to FoL spam and switch to HL they could have had the poorly-played Resto Shaman go Elemental, or Enhance without any issue. However, because neither he, or the Paladin was playing spectacularly, the mediocre Shaman was needed. Instead of patting him on the back and saying he did fine, why not give a proper critique? He could have done much better with his gear. If it's too hard to swallow that's fine, but it's a fight where Disc can put out 8-9k HPS and people are trying to convince him that 4.8k is doing fine.

If you really want a top log, then here you go: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=8466&e=8682
    PW:S is cast much less.
    Penance cast much more.
    Renew not cast except on tanks.
    PoH cast much more.
    PoH glyph is use.
    Desperate Prayer at 0% overheal.

Difference? 3.5k HPS. Yes, the healer setup is different, but any top log will be 2 healing anyway with a Disc Priest. There's not enough damage for top players to need to 3 heal her.
    It's not like the two compared priests have ANY gap in gear, or that two healing it obviously means they are going to doing more HPS and it will be easier to PoH without getting a fat chunk overhealed. Shield was cast less, but by a SMALL margin. It was 36% of the OP's healing and 28% of your links, which is somewhat of a difficult comparison figuring the legendary weapon proc, and the trinket heal. I doubt the priest you linked was only PW:S those with a debuff or on the tanks based on how much of his/her's healing done it was. PoH was also a CRUSHING 5.5% more healing for that priest then the OP. Which again, is something that stems from 2 healing, and having more heals hitting for full instead of overhealing.

Therefore your only True, and supported arguments are #1 Wrongly renewed #2 Binding heal > Flash heal #3 Glyph of PoH might be somewhat more useful, but it doesn't make a colossal difference #4 The reality of the desperate prayer is using it was a mistake, although it could have been used when the OP dipped another healer just got to it first, who knows. It's HARDLY a big deal

These are my logs for 25 BQL, our priest(disc) helps a ton with damage abs. from bubbles which are amazing...
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tb...=17387&e=17711

hey harky I may be a paladin but let me sum something up about the op

1) its his alt
    2) its his alt meaning it isn't as geared as the geared priest from those logs you posted
    3) since he isn't as geared stats are lower (primarily his sp) meaning raw heals will be lower than those of the priests on the logs and therefore he needs more shields (ironic I know)
    4) he can't respec holy as his off spec is shadow

so in other words, trying to compare the op to those in the logs is completely retarded. its like saying "oh you healing fight xyz as spec abc with a gs (or whr which ever you preffer) of 5200 (or 2600) lets compare you how you had to heal to a player of the same class spec with a gs (or whr) of 6100 (3050). <compares> oh you suck you didn't do it like him"

fact is he CAN'T do it like him, he has to make due with what he has available to him. its called knowing how to play. for instance in my holy gear I can heal effectively with FoL if I want to (but Im not going to) and beat a pally healing with HL by a mile but that other pally has say 500-800 less gs than me. now I was able to heal with FoL cause I would have a TON more sp than him but he did what he SHOULD do with his gear.

you have to remember that gear does in fact have an effect on your capable output and how you can do that output. if you aren't geared enough you can't spam HL straight for more than a min or maybe two. but if you are geared you can spam it till the cows come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Therefore your only True, and supported arguments are #1 Wrongly renewed #2 Binding heal > Flash heal #3 Glyph of PoH might be somewhat more useful, but it doesn't make a colossal difference #4 The reality of the desperate prayer is using it was a mistake, although it could have been used when the OP dipped another healer just got to it first, who knows. It's HARDLY a big deal
    Is there any support for him using Penance as rarely as he did? Is there any support that his SP scaling would make PW:S better than Binding Heal, or PoH? Both do scale better than PW:S, but his SP is high enough that both would sill be quite superior. I'm not expecting him to suddenly be able to push 8k+ HPS on the fight, but 5k to 8k isn't the gear gap, it's the playstyle.

And Alenko, any Pally in ICC should be able to spam HL. You could already do that in Ulduar and... yeah. There's no excuse for FoL spam anymore except on really easy content. Now, PoH spam (which I'm not advising) would OOM the OP fairly quick. Using it more would actually help with his current gear because as people have mentioned he is not in extremely good gear.

This really is an issue of people thinking raid shielding is a good strategy when it really isn't for most fights. If you're still stuck believing it is that's fine, but try taking half a step back and looking at your spellbook. If you have two spells which can produce more healing than PW:S absorbs, why are you not using them?

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Too much bullshit harky. OP - you did good. Simple as that. Thanks for reading. Next time don't be an elitist dick harky, I heard people don't like those.
    Gonna go ahead and second this and stop posting in this thread. Good luck in your future endeavors OP!

With the healer comp in which the OP participated in, I believe using PW:S is the correct way to play. While he did ask for comments to improve himself and harky did provide answers, I'm not entirely convinced using POH more instead of PW:S is correct. Using 3 healers for that fight is overkill so using POH would be wasted in overhealing a lot. For 2 healers this is not an issue, and for that instance I would agree with harky. However, since PW:S is completely non-competitive healing, it is a much better strategy for 3 healing Queen Lan.

did the boss die? yep
    and really that's all that matters as a healer
    also it's the right heal at the right time

Olorin, that's a decent enough point. To some extent my points are due to the Shaman not pulling his weight, but when looking at it purely from the messed up composition, he may have done fine. Switching up to a more normal approach to the fight would have just made the Shaman look worse, so PW:S might be the right approach for this kind of situation. My issue is when looking at the log it's apparent that they could have two healed if the OP and the Paladin were playing optimally and pointed out what those errors in play-style were.

And Hevajra it's really not about if a boss died or not, if the OP wanted that type of advise he wouldn't have posted. He knows the boss died, he knows no one else died. His question was a matter of performance and with the exception of Olorin's caveat above, his performance was substandard. He did a decent job only from the perspective that you are three healing the fight and you're carrying one of the other healers. Encouraging people to play poorly when they could be taught to play well just seems shortsighted to me.

As far as being an elitist dick is concerned? I'm fine with that. If I offend a bunch of thin-skinned people content to stroke someones ego rather than trying to help it's no skin off my back. I'd rather piss off a hundred people and help one than cater to those hundred and let down the one who actually mattered.

Thankyou so much to everyone who took the time to reply! It's great knowing there is a community of people here willing to help

I appreciate all the advice, even Harky's
    Augustin. US Frostmourne.

Something to consider with the difference between that "top priest"'s log and the OP's is 2 Healers for "top" and 3 for OP. Harky as a main priest who is main spec disc I think you're pretty far off base with what you've said in most of your posts here. Thats just IMHO.

Here's my Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...is&cn=Fealthas
    And here's my guild's WoL rankings: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/16...kings/players/

To some extent my points are due to the Shaman not pulling his weight, but when looking at it purely from the messed up composition, he may have done fine. Switching up to a more normal approach to the fight would have just made the Shaman look worse, so PW:S might be the right approach for this kind of situation. My issue is when looking at the log it's apparent that they could have two healed if the OP and the Paladin were playing optimally and pointed out what those errors in play-style were.
    Isnt this a rather moot point seeing they were infact not two healing it?

As far as being an elitist dick is concerned? I'm fine with that. If I offend a bunch of thin-skinned people content to stroke someones ego rather than trying to help it's no skin off my back. I'd rather piss off a hundred people and help one than cater to those hundred and let down the one who actually mattered.
    Bullshit. And you are not helping anyone. Don't praise yourself for more than you're worth.
    The only reason you posted was to bash and to criticize negatively making yourself the healing vertical here who knows it all.
    It's all false, better don't reply since you have nothing to "help" with anymore.

Seeing more of people like you posting around without any practical knowledge makes me mad, no wonder new players have hard time catching up to experienced ones and the entire community being labeled as elitist, self-centered dick area.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    You have a decent amount of Haste, you should make a better use of PoH, paired with BT even
    On blood queen?
    Lolno.

- Bad use of Penance: ~6 casts in a 5 minute fight.
    - Bad use of PoH: ~3 casts on a fight that favors PoH. Also not using the PoH glyph.
    - Bad use of Renew: You cast Renew no non-tanks and the fight has very low tank damage (see: Paladin using FoL).
    - Bad use of PW:S: Heavily raid-bubbling on a fight where it isn't desirable for the majority of the fight.
    - Bad use of Desperate Prayer: Used once for 73% over-healing, should have cast Binding Heal.

Overall: Very poor.
    This is the worst critique ever, and you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Show me a log where this is effective on blood queen.

I guarantee you you're talking out of your ass.
    Raid bubbling is why were good on the fight.
    Your raid bubble so the other raid healers don't have to overstress with healing.
    We provide the niches others dont.
    Saying bad use of PW: S is probably the worse thing you could've said.

Also, for the desperate prayer comment, it's an ohshit button.
    Maybe another healer topped him right before he use it when he had pact of the dark fallen.

Regardless, the player did fine and understood his role.
    Don't give people bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    - PoH isn't necessary for that fight, especially as Disc. You may disagree, I claim you're utterly wrong. PoH glyph ticks for shit, it's borderline useless.
    Even if you're full 264+, your shields won't last more than 10 seconds on them, considering you also have to spend time casting the PW:S on 10 people, you'll have 6-7 seconds where someone who's been shielded won't be covered with shields. This leaves you with casting a PoH, wich is NOT an Holy-Only spell

15+ Year Old Account

Urgh, sometimes it feels like people wait for Friday/Saturday to strike out.

Okay, this has gone on far enough, the OP has received answers to his liking regardless of how others feel. No more opinions in this thread, you are welcome to strike up a new thread dicsussing the effectiveness (or lack of, depending on P.o.V) of Disc Priests on Queen as long as I see numbers provided or well thought out discussions/posts.

Closed.

(I'd also like to point out I'm disappointed in two people I thought I respected/listened to)