Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: US First GotIR, Patch 3.3.3 Honor Changes, Blue posts

Very well, I will allow it.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Terrestrial
    Cool changes to Battlegrounds I suppose, though it won't do much for me because I got everything I need from off-piece gear ages ago. However I feel the need to ask if there is going to be any CHANGES TO HONOR CAP?! It's been 75000 since TBC. I'm around 70k each day cause I do few BG's (and get a gem from honor once I get close to 75k); seeing this change is going to double (or triple??) the amount of honor gained from BG's - shouldn't they raise the cap to... 150k? 100k at least!?! Sometimes I forget to get a gem once I'm capped, they need to make the cap higher imo..
    While a raise in cap might be nice, this is not your problem. Your problem is bad judgement -- you can easily spend your honor in gems down to say 50k or lower every day and run yourself back up toward the cap with a lot less chance of passing the cap on a BG win. Your only risk is caused by not spending enough.... you get nothing from staying within 5k of cap each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusoe
    From a mount collector's point of view, 50k per mount seems like a lot, expecially with the current conversion of 90 marks x 185 honor per mark = 16,650 honor.

However with the random option maybe we will be earning honor faster than we otherwise would. Also, some of the 90 marks were from BGs that my battlegroup struggled to win. Those 30 marks might as well be 30 loses.

Hopefully we will be earning 50k honor faster than we could otherwise earn 90 marks.

Also when it comes to opportunity cost, we could be using that 50k honor to buy epic gems. If we say an epic gem is worth 200g and 5 epic gems = 1 mount then a PVP mount costs 1,000g. That is cheap compared to some of the other vender mounts for sell.
    Depends on your battlegroup. On Ruin, you can lolwut your way to 15K honor for 20 minutes a week in WG and in that same span not come near enough WSG marks for 1 mount. And seeing as we never win AV, you would hope for quick losses and fast queues.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorael
    Don't look at marks to calculate the cost of mounts, but to the Battleground rewards.

Before:
    3 Marks win
    1 Mark defeat
    If we take a 50% chance to win (not always true, but will do for calculation purposes):
    Average marks for a BG: 2
    BGs needed to get 90 marks: 45

Now:
    1862 honor normal wins, 3723(double) first random and first call to arms wins
    621 honor defeats
    With the same 50% chance
    Average honor for a BG: 1241.5
    BGs needed to get 50000 honor: 40.27
    First random and first call to arms count double, so if they are 1 in 5 bgs you do, you end up with a number closer to 32 BGs for a mount.

I'd say 32 BGs for an epic mount is 71.6% of the work it took before, so I'll say it's a win.
    you forgot the honor from BG now From those 45 BG (now) you get those 90 mark for mount and another 45k honor....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qamar
    Thanks. I couldn't find my calculator.
    click on "start" button, "run" and type calc in command line ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Oom
    What is the honor cost for Arena Season 2 sets? (Currently pieces range from 10-14.5k honor + 20-30 tokens)

I'd like to know because I want to get my rogue and warlock full sets :3

Thanks!
    S2 five piece merciless gear sets for honor and BG marks have not been available for over 1 year+. blizz also removed all BC pvp weapons from honor/mark vendors.

currently S1 and S2 armor is only available at isle of quel'danas for tier armor exchange badges dropped in BC raids. S4 gear/weapons is still in game, but you have to arena at 70 to get those

reading the comment in starting post to this thread:

If you're interested in the old PvP rewards (some of them looked pretty nice), their price was also changed and it will be much easier to get them. Expect to spend 25,000 honor for a 2H weapon and 13,000 for a 1H. A full pre-BC epic PvP set will cost you 74,000 Honor.

looking at current honor/mark costs of 60 epic gear and how blizz made 90 mark mounts soon to cost 50000 honor. (90 marks that will be exchanged for 16650 honor) i can't see a whole PVP gear/weapons set going for 74000 based on their value judgement what mounts should and will be.. it that what it is on PTR?

What is a single HK worth now?

Is that correct .. 185 honor for a mark? I hope that is not correct for that is even less than the current turn in! .. 6 x 185= 1110 honor... where as currently .. we can hand in of each bg for 1585 honor... def hope this isn't correct.

pvp mount changes FTW ;D