Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: which t10 holy priest

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    And Blizzard really don't seem to care as you can tell from the burf we recieved to Glyph of Scourge Imprisonment recently.
    Since you checked, I'm sure you sure the fixes to the other glyphs, it's just to bring them more in-line. It's not a "throw the old dog a bone" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Since you checked, I'm sure you sure the fixes to the other glyphs, it's just to bring them more in-line. It's not a "throw the old dog a bone" thing.
    Yer well that just shows how much their care for us, we are the class/spec that you send a christmas card to but you never talk to or involve in anything and you have kinda forgotten their name but you send the card anyway cose you sent it to some other people as well.

And obviously as I stated before that buff was a little too much. I mean there is bringing us inline with other classes CC and then there is making us overpowered. =D
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Spamming renew is pro.

You should think about rolling a druid, and spam rejuv. `cuz you clearly got skill.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Yeah, La, you're wrong.

Anyway, so are the people who are saying PoH is getting outclassed. PoH is actually very dominant in the 'damage aura' fights in ICC hard modes. Look over the healing from fights like Festergut, Blood Queen, Sindragosa, Putricide, etc and you'll see a lot of Priests with PoH as their top heal. Often doing around 30-35% when including the glyph. Some go the straight Renew spam route, but most of those are running with excessive healers. You should expect to see PoH > CoH > PoM > Renew on those fights in hardmode. You will see Renew > PoM > CoH > PoH at times, but as mentioned it's typically due to having excess healers, not because it's the best route to go.

The issue is people see PoH the way it was in Ulduar for dealing with a big spike and instantly topping people off. That isn't what it's for anymore. It's now just used to stabilize raid health on fights with a constant flow of damage on the entire group. It's also making the glyph much, much better than it was in the past.

Anyway, to the OP: Take 4p T10, with an off-set chest (spi/haste, or crit/haste, whatever you prefer). The new 4p is worth aiming for now, though 5% Renew would have been better than 10% CoH for everything except what was described above.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Yeah, La, you're wrong.

Anyway, so are the people who are saying PoH is getting outclassed. PoH is actually very dominant in the 'damage aura' fights in ICC hard modes. Look over the healing from fights like Festergut, Blood Queen, Sindragosa, Putricide, etc and you'll see a lot of Priests with PoH as their top heal. Often doing around 30-35% when including the glyph. Some go the straight Renew spam route, but most of those are running with excessive healers. You should expect to see PoH > CoH > PoM > Renew on those fights in hardmode. You will see Renew > PoM > CoH > PoH at times, but as mentioned it's typically due to having excess healers, not because it's the best route to go.

The issue is people see PoH the way it was in Ulduar for dealing with a big spike and instantly topping people off. That isn't what it's for anymore. It's now just used to stabilize raid health on fights with a constant flow of damage on the entire group. It's also making the glyph much, much better than it was in the past.

Anyway, to the OP: Take 4p T10, with an off-set chest (spi/haste, or crit/haste, whatever you prefer). The new 4p is worth aiming for now, though 5% Renew would have been better than 10% CoH for everything except what was described above.
    I wouldn't considering running 5-6 healers excessive.
    But, I have never seen a log of prayer of healing used that much in current content.

Thread derail successful ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    I wouldn't considering running 5-6 healers excessive.
    But, I have never seen a log of prayer of healing used that much in current content.
    Three logs from 25H BQ taken at random:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...&e=12266#Eebee
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...3316#Bucaneerz
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3#Sph%C3%ACnxz

Last one has top heal as Renew, but still had 26 PoH casts and still did 23.7% of his healing with PoH. First one did 45.8% with PoH and second did 44.7% with PoH. You can get good numbers out of blanket Renews, but it's a lot more work for the same result if a fight has constant damage that does similar numbers to the individual hits of PoH. When doing BQ 25H you'll find that you can drop PoH indiscriminately and it will always be worthwhile.

This takes me full circle to what I said before about PoH cast time being reduced and making us awesome for fights like this. Could use a regen buff then or we would have to decrease through-put and pick up a bit more Int to compensate to increased PoH casting.
    It should be comprable to Renew atleast and I just dislike Renew.
    It would give us a proper place again though.

I picked up my shadow gear first since tier bonuses didn't appeal at all before, which slots do you think for 2t9+2t10 route?

For 2t9 2Tt10 you go Shoulders/Gloves and Legs/Helm, with an off-set chest either taking the haste/spirit one, or haste/crit one.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Three logs from 25H BQ taken at random:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...&e=12266#Eebee
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...3316#Bucaneerz
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3#Sph%C3%ACnxz

Last one has top heal as Renew, but still had 26 PoH casts and still did 23.7% of his healing with PoH. First one did 45.8% with PoH and second did 44.7% with PoH. You can get good numbers out of blanket Renews, but it's a lot more work for the same result if a fight has constant damage that does similar numbers to the individual hits of PoH. When doing BQ 25H you'll find that you can drop PoH indiscriminately and it will always be worthwhile.
    Also notice how much it overhealed.
    Over 55% of the time on everyone.
    And notice how the last parse had renew, only a whopping 35% overhealed.

Look at effective healing, not over-healing. No one cares about over-healing unless you go OOM. None of them went OOM and none of them let people die from anything avoidable. So over-healing is a complete non-issue.

Also notice how it was his only filler besides flash heal, he pretty much spammed every group with prayer of healing.

if it works, it works.

I understand that, but upon looking at his gear, he only has 500ish haste.
    Imagine the cast times.
    And before you argue he used serendipity, he only casted flash heal 10 times.
    It's not that it won't work, it's that its extremely risky.

Which of those logs are you referring to? First has 877 haste. Second has 576 haste. Third has 866 haste.

So, the second one then? That's a 2.35 second cast. Hardly 'risky'. Casting more FH would have made it riskier since stacking Serendipity when spamming PoH actually reduces healing, instead of increasing it.

Sure, it's risky to only have 576 haste, but haste scales linearly. It's just as risky due to not getting as many Renews up as it is in slowing PoH.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel really stupid now for having bought 264 t10 chest.

Maybe the Gods of RNG will smile upon me when I'm in VoA so I can get the gloves as well ^^.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra
    I feel really stupid now for having bought 264 t10 chest.

Maybe the Gods of RNG will smile upon me when I'm in VoA so I can get the gloves as well ^^.
    If you have bought it within a week, you can send in a ticket and get a refund.
    Granted they don't generally like it, if you're nice, they'd be willing to refund the badges.