[Glyph of Life Tap] vs [Glyph of Immolate]

When Immolate now gets to crit on it ticks do you think it will be better to use [Glyph of Immolate] over [Glyph of Life Tap] i my self have got 500 spirit with my destrucation gear and its about 130 spell power i get from the life tap but not sure what to pick

Please help me

Re: [Glyph of Life Tap] vs [Glyph of Immolate]

You probably should take immolate when you upgrade into more ICC gear and have basically base spirit. I don't have the math (elitistjerks probably already has done this calculation, so I'd check there) but glyph of life tap is still very good. A large part of the reason that the immolate glyph is good is because it benefits conflag, but this crit change does not so the change isn't as monumental as it may seem at first.

You also have to remember that the life tap glyph benefits immolate, that 130 some spellpower could mean a net damage increase of immolate by say 2% (no idea) but then it ALSO benefits the rest of your spells.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38033-m...arlock/#Glyphs

According to EJ, actually life tap isn't all that good. So, at 500 spirit apparently life tap is roughly equivalent to immolate (though I would assume LT > Immo) but then at lower amounts of spirit immolate will pass LT. Don't use the improved imp glyph unless you're also using a strong imp build I'd say.

According to 3.3.3 sims, Immo should be better for 13/58 while Imp should be better for 18/53. I suggest simming it yourself to find out in your specific case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

You ask a question about the immolate change, without taking the Life tap change in consideration.

Life Tap: This spell no longer scales with spirit, and instead scales with spell power.

So with ICC gear, you can get around 3.4k SP unbuffed easy (have 3k on my toc geared lock)(with FA of course) which should give us even more SP from it then before. So more SP on each Incinerate>Immo crits IMO.

EDIT
    If the LT glyph stays at 20%, it would mean a 680SP bonus from LT :O, which i think i'm wrong about (3400*(20/100)) cause its far superior to the 200SP (not sure about that cant check in-game) we usually get.

EDIT2: Yeah the glyph still scales with Spirit my bad just forget what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rédempteur
    You ask a question about the immolate change, without taking the Life tap change in consideration.

Life Tap: This spell no longer scales with spirit, and instead scales with spell power.

So with ICC gear, you can get around 3.4k SP unbuffed easy (have 3k on my toc geared lock)(with FA of course) which should give us even more SP from it then before. So more SP on each Incinerate>Immo crits IMO.
    What?

The Life Tap change doesn't affect it's glyph at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Oh yeah, my bad, don't mind me i'm tired.

I haven't done any theory-crafting, but from just normal play I would have to say that immolate would probably be better. It was already really close, this just might push immolate over. I believe t10 gives +0 spirit total.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Thanks for the help guys :P still not sure what to pick. and there is no spirit on t10 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    I haven't done any theory-crafting, but from just normal play I would have to say that immolate would probably be better. It was already really close, this just might push immolate over. I believe t10 gives +0 spirit total.
    There's pretty much no spirit on the decent ICC gear. The only 264 I can think of that I want which has spirit (or rather, I already have it) is the Frozen Bonespike. I'd rather have the heroic version of Frost Needle though, may get that this week as we start doing heroic 10.

So, eventually life tap will become obsolete for destro.

One of the benefits of 13/58 is ISL and NOT having to Life Tap very frequently. Using a GCD on Life Tap is still a DPS loss because it's a GCD that could've been used on a spell. Glyph of Life Tap does make up for this for those specs that do have to Life Tap a lot.

With the huge decrease of spirit in ICC, i.e. no spirit on ANY Warlock T10, you end up with less overall spirit than we used to have. This brings the Immolate Glyph ahead of Life Tap Glyph for 13/58 Destro with ISL. I think I read on EJ that it's a 10% increase to Immolate, and a 7% increase to Conflagrate, for a combined total of 17% increased damage done between those two spells.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

15+ Year Old Account

Not that personal experience matters much, but for me in my gear configuration Glyph of Immolate was a 200 dps increase over life tap.

R.I.P. YARG

run with glyph of incin/imp/conflag
    I've tried loads of combos and this was the best set up over a boss fight

glyph of immo is currently best for you. /end thread
    also there is some push that imp is the best overall dps boost right now between the 3 but with the immo changes this might give the push it needs. But also thats only when you spec into the 18 as a 13 spec then ur stuck with imo.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

10+ Year Old Account
    put my gear through a sim today, and lifetap was way above immolate glyph... kinda anoying when i hear everyone else is simmed for immo being better and i get LT on top XD

Deleted
    Lifetap glyph on PTR reduces GCD by 0,5 sec

here, question answered:P as destro immo all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    put my gear through a sim today, and lifetap was way above immolate glyph... kinda anoying when i hear everyone else is simmed for immo being better and i get LT on top XD
    If you've been stacking Spirit, then yeah, you will do more dps now with the LT glyph. Problem is you're on the "slow lane". You can carry on stacking Spirit and using LT glyph, but point for point in ilevel terms, you'll be left further and further behind by the locks that have haste/crit instead of spirit and glyph for immo. The longer you choose to stay in the slow lane, the further behind you'll end up.

It's not so much that immo glyph beats lt glyph, but that using immo glyph and stacking haste/crit scales so much better than using lt glyph and stacking spirit.