Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How is the new 4pc T10 bonus (healing set)?

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Larger shields on Lich King are meaningless. Point is to increase Int and reduce shield size so that shields are broken by Infest, set bonus sucks on LK.
    When you're dealing with LK 25-N Infest, sure, shields are big enough to generally completely absorb the non-resisted damage. Yes, you can scale SP back to about 3k SP (unbuffed) and boost int, abusing the Rapture mechanic.

As for me, I'm planning on milking that 4pc for all it's worth when attempting to deal with the LK 25-H Infest, as even now sitting at > 4k SP raid-buffed that 5% will only help w/ the absorb necessary (yes, by the time the zone buff gets to 30% it should fully cover it, but I'm not planning on waiting that long to knock him off his throne).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    As for me, I'm planning on milking that 4pc for all it's worth when attempting to deal with the LK 25-H Infest, as even now sitting at > 4k SP raid-buffed that 5% will only help w/ the absorb necessary (yes, by the time the zone buff gets to 30% it should fully cover it, but I'm not planning on waiting that long to knock him off his throne).
    Neither of the two Disc Priests we use on that fight even use T10 gear. One uses 232 T9 and the other uses T8 gear. Both gem entirely Int and both use Spark. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you. Raid bubbling + PoM in 10 mans is amazing and I've done this for months now for most of ICC.
    With how many other healers? My comment was purely for 2 healing and if that's all your doing in hard modes you'll get blown away by the incoming damage. You need to be using PoH and casting other heals in general. Though, admittedly if you're two healing you generally wouldn't be Disc, so it's slightly moot.

10+ Year Old Account

With how many other healers? My comment was purely for 2 healing and if that's all your doing in hard modes you'll get blown away by the incoming damage. You need to be using PoH and casting other heals in general. Though, admittedly if you're two healing you generally wouldn't be Disc, so it's slightly moot.
    Yeah for normal modes is what I was saying, and yes, Disc is still good in a 3heal comp for 10man HM. I haven't done 2heal in 10man because I haven't really needed to. /shrug.

I'm telling you gimping your SP to break shields on Normal Infests is the caveman way to do it, just bridge shields between 2 Infests, they'll break, you'll get multi-Rapture, it's amazing.

Neither of the two Disc Priests we use on that fight even use T10 gear. One uses 232 T9 and the other uses T8 gear. Both gem entirely Int and both use Spark. *shrug*
    You're doing that on *heroic* LK25? I'll confess I'm quite skeptical that their shields in T8 or low T9 gear, gemmed 100% int and using regen trinkets, have the strength to absorb enough of Infest to keep their targets from being knocked below 90%. I'd love to see a combat log to prove me wrong.

If they're going to be seeking to take advantage of the Rapture bug, they shouldn't need to gimp their output that much when even at full strength in normal gear they should be seeing Rapture -- and with 2 disc priests, they're only shielding half as many targets to begin with. Which means that they are spending the other half of their available GCD's as substantially less effective healers in a fight that isn't terribly forgiving of that.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

i really didnt notice an improvement when i was raiding last night with the 4 piece tier. In fact when i switched back to my non tier pieces i felt like my absorbs/healing were higher. Granted i only have the 251 tier pieces and my non tier are 264, at least some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    You're doing that on *heroic* LK25? I'll confess I'm quite skeptical that their shields in T8 or low T9 gear, gemmed 100% int and using regen trinkets, have the strength to absorb enough of Infest to keep their targets from being knocked below 90%. I'd love to see a combat log to prove me wrong.
    Targets do get knocked under 90%. Both of them are assigned a ranged group for PoH, while our two Shaman cover melee and our Druid spot heals. They're doing it because they each have spare time after setting up the shields. One shields 11 and one shields 12 so they have lots of spare time to toss PoH. We found out pretty quick that it will take an unobtainable amount of SP to insure no one drops under 90% so we didn't bother. They'll probably reevaluate when the buff is up around 15%.

Targets do get knocked under 90%. Both of them are assigned a ranged group for PoH, while our two Shaman cover melee and our Druid spot heals. They're doing it because they each have spare time after setting up the shields. One shields 11 and one shields 12 so they have lots of spare time to toss PoH. We found out pretty quick that it will take an unobtainable amount of SP to insure no one drops under 90% so we didn't bother. They'll probably reevaluate when the buff is up around 15%.
    What is the benefit of their going with the older gear then? With that much Rapture, mana should not be any insurmountable issue (also, much of their gemming int will only serve to make up for the loss of basic gear stats), and the balance of their time spent on prayers / other heals will be much less effective. I can see an argument being made for the 2pc T8 tier bonus, but the strat of 'dumbing down' your SP and pumping Int to that degree is usually designed about forcing Rapture where it wouldn't normally trigger. It seems your approach would lead to larger health deficits needing to be cleared on infested targets, and weaker heals being directed towards their resolution (though the effective PoH strength might still be enough to cover it, I don't know)

I wouldn't see their mana challenge being significantly different than what I face in 10-man wearing essentially my normal set (swapping in the holy T10 helm w/ IED) in terms of activity, and I have no issues whatsoever there despite being fully SP gemmed. Even in 25 where I'm the sole disc (normal mode, though) I only rotate in a few spirit pieces and Spark now, and get an innervate from our friendly moonkin at phase transitions to make it manageable with cooldowns.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic