Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[ Priest ] { Disc } Any mods which are compulsory ?

All is in the title : are the any necessary mods for disc raid healing ??
    Thx !

Re: [ Priest ] { Disc } Any mods which are compulsory ?

Grid is a great one. You can set it to show SW:P and Weakened Soul on all of your targets as well as custom buffs or debuffs and tracking HoTs, debuffs, incoming heals, everything. Combined with Clique and Mouseover Macros it makes healing a lot more fluid and intuitive. Be sure to spend about 10 minutes setting it up and getting used to it though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Grid is a great one. You can set it to show SW:P and Weakened Soul on all of your targets as well as custom buffs or debuffs and tracking HoTs, debuffs, incoming heals, everything. Combined with Clique and Mouseover Macros it makes healing a lot more fluid and intuitive. Be sure to spend about 10 minutes setting it up and getting used to it though.
    QFT

Grid and Quartz are nice. You can use PoM tracker too so you can get the most out of your PoM.

Hmmmm ok !
    So it is like healbot but better ? If so for which reasons ?
    Thx !
    And is using an addon which tells you about your REAL casting time stuff like quartz i think ? is it usefull for healing ?
    Thx!

Just to point it out, you don't specifically need Grid. What you specifically need is a set of raid frames that can be set to show HoTs, buffs (PW:S) and debuffs (Weakened Soul). Grid is a very viable alternative, I just don't want to have anyone believing that it's the only alternative.

It indeed is Grid or gtfo I'm affraid, for the rest nothing is really required if you don't mind clicking and then casting on groups. Otherwise there is this Qlique thingy but I rather do it oldschool.

DING 400
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Grid is the lightest weight and most configurable option out there right now, so that's why people recommend it so heavily.

Anyway, I'd recommend Power Auras as well... as I do for every spec of every class. :P Amazing way to setup spell alerts, monitor procs, etc. Great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Grid is the lightest weight and most configurable option out there right now, so that's why people recommend it so heavily.

Anyway, I'd recommend Power Auras as well... as I do for every spec of every class. :P Amazing way to setup spell alerts, monitor procs, etc. Great mod.
    I have a Mage and a Priest, and i must say that Power Aura is AMAZING. It is easy to use, very customizable, and not very complex either.

You can have it show buffs of yourself, as well as buffs of your target or debuffs of any sorts. As well as timers.

All i use is Grid, Quartz and Power Aura. All three of these are just amazing mods.

Quote Originally Posted by harky

Ah, another great one. I have a few set up, for example showing when Inner Fire falls off or when I am not flasked, or if I am missing Vampiric Embrace. It's also great for tracking temporary buffs, like showing when you have Borrowed Time or 3 stacks of Serendipidy as Holy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Out of all healing addons I would strongly recommend VuhDo and Decursive. VuhDo was my 1st healing addon, I have tried Healbot and Grid later on, but in the end went back to VuhDo.

I use decursive, but ONLY because I have so many mouse binds to grid. In my experience though, decursive is a bit slow. Vuhdo is nice though. Grid's my favorite. And clique.

Predicting damage - the right way.

Grid is a great one. You can set it to show SW:P and Weakened Soul on all of your targets
    I'm guessing you didn't mean SW:P - or is this for when you get mind controlled by Lady D? ;D

Actually - that would be kinda fun!

Grid will track your DoTs on raid targets when MC'd, but the MC AI doesn't like to throw DoTs sometimes.

Pretty sure he means PW:S. The inverse of SW:P.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I'm guessing you didn't mean SW:P - or is this for when you get mind controlled by Lady D? ;D

Actually - that would be kinda fun!
    Hehe, my bad, PW:S. Damn backwards typing...

PerfectRaid is a great Grid alternative, I quite enjoyed using it when I raided. I liked the layout better than Grid, more compact, more screen real estate to see what you're doing

Quote Originally Posted by Darquain
    PerfectRaid is a great Grid alternative, I quite enjoyed using it when I raided. I liked the layout better than Grid, more compact, more screen real estate to see what you're doing
    Grid is the smallest. It's size is quite small to begin with, plus you can shrink it even smaller. It also tracks everything you need it to, relatively easy. I don't see how it's "more screen real estate"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Grid is the smallest. It's size is quite small to begin with, plus you can shrink it even smaller. It also tracks everything you need it to, relatively easy. I don't see how it's "more screen real estate"
    Actually there are quite a few unitframes that are 'smaller' than Grid. I personally use a combination of o_UF and MouseoverMacros. There really aren't any necessary mods, but a raid frame that shows debuffs (Xperl, AG_UnitFrames, Grid, o_UF) will make your life a lot easier.

ag_UF still actually works? I was getting nothing but lua errors from that, and seeing it discontinued made me sadpanda.

I did find a friend in Shadowed Unit Frames (sUF), though. They are quite similar, and infact Shadowed gives me a strong buff filter that I didn't have (or may have not even noticed) on ag.

What is this o_UF?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I haven't used AG_Unitframes in ages, but last I know it still worked. It may not though now with all the changes.

o_UF is essentially a customizable framework for unit frames. It's extremely customizable as long as you're familiar with LUA editing. If not, however, there are plenty of premade ones. I believe wowinterface even has a section for it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=126