Shield/LB macro?

hey, im kinda new to macros, and i wondered if it was pusible to make an macro that when:

1-4 stacks of MSwep - Casting Water/lightining shield.
    5 Stacks - Casting LB.

Its not like its needed, But im agianst useing shift/ctrl shortcuts so i just want to shorten down the buttons i need to press ( still need to think/Reacht tho)..

Happy times.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Shield/LB macro?

A mod will probably do that job for you, not a macro. Macros for the most part is just a quicker way of telling the game to do something. Mods will notify you when something triggers in the game, depending on the situation. I don't play Enhance, so I don't know what mod you would want, if there is one (I'm sure there is).

As a side note, why would you want to refresh your Shield when Maelstrom isn't maxed out?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah, how can I forget. Look up the mod called "ShockAndAwe". That should help.

Basicly that would be the idea, like if i could keybind "5" to Refresh shield whenever Maelstrom isn't maxed out. Currently looking at Shockandawe, But its late soh :P

Not possible through either macros or addons.

how about...

#showtooltip
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lightning Shield

it would cast lightning bolt only when it´s instant, im not 100% if it will cast LS with the same buttonpush...
    guess i should log in and check later

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    #showtooltip
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lightning Shield
    Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Billnye
    Not possible through either macros or addons.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution

#showtooltip
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lightning Shield
    indeed it doesn't work, however the first part used to be usable, but the stopcasting-part will reset the swing timer (i think that's what happens these days) and you don't want that.

As the other says, you don't have any option but to have two different keybindings and then watch your MSW stacks. ShockandAwe is good for that, it plays a sound when you have 4 stacks and then another when you have 5.

i see... Gues you cant be lazy thiese days

Since 2.0 (when BC was released) it is IMPOSSIBLE for anything to check the status of a buff/debuff and make a decision based on this. Blizzard does not want to allow this and has disabled any way to do this. The best you could do for button consolidation is to use a modifier like shift or a different click to activate the different actions. Add on can check for the status of a buff or debuff and display information based on this like Shock and Awe does to tell you what to do or any other number of add-ons do but they can't change the behavior of a button while in combat.

I use SmartBuff to keep Lightning Shield up, just set Lightning Shield to be the
    only buff that´s "in combat"-buffed and just spin the mousewheel 1 step in the direction
    you´ve set it to buff and it does it´s magic, if you´re not in combat and have lightning shield
    up it won´t spam the buff.
    Also handy to keep windfury/flametounge etc. up (out of combat), spin
    the wheel and your weapons get buffed.

In combat, SmartBuff doesn't do anything that wouldn't be accomplished with a simple Key Bind.

Q6: How can I cast buffs in combat?
    A6: If you want to cast a spell in combat, the you have to check also the "in combat" option in the main options frame (on the right of "Buff on scroll"). Be carfully with this option. In combat is no logic allowed, so SB sets your first "combat"-buff on your key before combat, but in combat it can't do any actions to prevent to cast during the restrictions. It only can show you when do you need a buff, but any time you hit the key in combat it buffs. Thats also the reason why the "in combat" is per default "off".

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    In combat, SmartBuff doesn't do anything that wouldn't be accomplished with a simple Key Bind.
    A bit off there: think you missed the point, when you zoom in/out, you can set one specific action
    that you want done, if you´re not on global cooldown or casting a spell, the spell will be cast at the same time
    as you zoom in and/or out.

the function of combat-buffing lets you keep 1 keybind free for a spell like Lightning Shield that you just
    rebuff a few times or more in a fight. Spin the wheel while you´re dpsing/running/targetswitching.
    It´s just that nice, i do not recommend that you set any spell with a cast-time to SmartBuff ofc...
    I was happy when i found the function to set 1 spell that´s always used in combat, but not out of combat(if it´s already buffed).

But yeah, it´s just 1 keybind free´d up... i don´t see whats so bad in that. :

edit: late night spelling wee.