Thread: My opinion.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My opinion.

Hey there guys,

I made this post, purely to let you know what I think about Frost Mages. This is my opinion and based upon my experience in Arena, wich is roughly 2,2k (OMFG SO LOW NOOB L2P OMFG GTFO.)

Frost mages are overpowerd, why?

The amount of CC they have is upfront, one of the biggest reasons, especially for a Melee, this can be dreadfully annoying.
    - Frost Nova. (9sec.)
    - Break the Ice Barrier, Another nova. (7sec.)
    - Pet Nova. (I am unaware of the CD.) (9sec)
    - Polymorph. ( Nine seconds, Six seconds, Three seconds. ) If I am not mistaken.
    - Deep Freeze. (Suppose to be used as an offensive spell, is mostly used for CC tho.) (3sec.)
    - Counterspell. (For those without enough skill, blank CS will do the trick ofc.) (3 - 8 sec.)
    This is ofcourse while spamming 9k Frostbolts on your face constantly. Once the CC rotation is over, you repeat it, since the Diminishing is gone. You go for the Mage? Thats no problem at all, they have endless amounts of retarded defensive cooldowns, one of the big ones is Ice Block wich is suppose to safe the mage for when it goes bad. Ofcourse, when everything is used, and you still haven't killed a target, but they have blown all their CD's to survive your ridicoulus burst/CC, there's Cold Snap, wich resets all the CD's, get into the fight refreshed with all your CD's, and blow the enemy up, as thery have already used their CD's. Ofcourse, might there be a small chance it might go wrong for the mage again, it always has another 9sec Iceblock.

This is my point of view on Mages, especially on RMP I find it ridicoulus that the only chance of moving for me is when I Bladestorm, wich ofcourse can now be dissarmed, because the amount off CC ontop of me wasn't enough, the Rogue needs to help it too, I might even get it to 80%, now that would be silly. I am talking ofcourse about the famous and almighty skillfull and awesome, RMP.

I play Warrior/RestoDruid/Spriest, (OMG NOT DOUBLE HEALER?! L2p.)
    And I find this settup, RMP, a joke and completely unfair to other teams.

My conclusion? Nerf mages, its funny how one of the most oveprowerd classes never got a nerf yet. And for all you mages out there waiting to call me a bad etc, you should really start opening your eyes, only a few mages actually deserve to be high rated. (High rated is 2k+ for me, yes I know , RAFL L2P.) Other mages are just carried by their Settups and Classes.

I await forum Trolls and flaming, I suppose this is all just in my head and Mages are anything but OP, but as I said, its my opinion, and I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing Mage as one of the most overpowered Classes in the game?

//Vlarion, Orc Warrior, moonglade.

Re: My opinion.

Mages are just as easy to control as other classes with your setup. The only problem is that they aren't the nuke target. So what? There's 2 other players in his team, kill them instead.

Mages? Easy to control? You might've missed the complete point of this post, -THEY- control -YOU-

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarion
    Hey there guys,

I made this post, purely to let you know what I think about Frost Mages. This is my opinion and based upon my experience in Arena, wich is roughly 2,2k (OMFG SO LOW NOOB L2P OMFG GTFO.)

Frost mages are overpowerd, why?

The amount of CC they have is upfront, one of the biggest reasons, especially for a Melee, this can be dreadfully annoying.
    - Frost Nova. (9sec.)
    - Break the Ice Barrier, Another nova. (7sec.)
    - Pet Nova. (I am unaware of the CD.) (9sec)
    - Polymorph. ( Nine seconds, Six seconds, Three seconds. ) If I am not mistaken.
    - Deep Freeze. (Suppose to be used as an offensive spell, is mostly used for CC tho.) (3sec.)
    - Counterspell. (For those without enough skill, blank CS will do the trick ofc.) (3 - 8 sec.)
    This is ofcourse while spamming 9k Frostbolts on your face constantly. Once the CC rotation is over, you repeat it, since the Diminishing is gone. You go for the Mage? Thats no problem at all, they have endless amounts of retarded defensive cooldowns, one of the big ones is Ice Block wich is suppose to safe the mage for when it goes bad. Ofcourse, when everything is used, and you still haven't killed a target, but they have blown all their CD's to survive your ridicoulus burst/CC, there's Cold Snap, wich resets all the CD's, get into the fight refreshed with all your CD's, and blow the enemy up, as thery have already used their CD's. Ofcourse, might there be a small chance it might go wrong for the mage again, it always has another 9sec Iceblock.

This is my point of view on Mages, especially on RMP I find it ridicoulus that the only chance of moving for me is when I Bladestorm, wich ofcourse can now be dissarmed, because the amount off CC ontop of me wasn't enough, the Rogue needs to help it too, I might even get it to 80%, now that would be silly. I am talking ofcourse about the famous and almighty skillfull and awesome, RMP.

I play Warrior/RestoDruid/Spriest, (OMG NOT DOUBLE HEALER?! L2p.)
    And I find this settup, RMP, a joke and completely unfair to other teams.

My conclusion? Nerf mages, its funny how one of the most oveprowerd classes never got a nerf yet. And for all you mages out there waiting to call me a bad etc, you should really start opening your eyes, only a few mages actually deserve to be high rated. (High rated is 2k+ for me, yes I know , RAFL L2P.) Other mages are just carried by their Settups and Classes.

I await forum Trolls and flaming, I suppose this is all just in my head and Mages are anything but OP, but as I said, its my opinion, and I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing Mage as one of the most overpowered Classes in the game?

//Vlarion, Orc Warrior, moonglade.
    Frost Nova is 8 sec, not 9.
    Shattered Barrier (the nova you meant from Ice Barrier) is 8 sec, not 9.
    Freeze (the Pet Nova you meant) is 8 sec and not 9.

Then I havened even mentioned that these "nova's" ALWAYS break earlier then that because of the damage you take, and nova's break pretty damn fast. (Pretty much on the first hit/crit cast or even on an Icelance crit made on you.)

Deep Freeze is 5 sec, not 3.
    9k Frostbolts is pretty doable...

...on targets <500 resi.

My conclusion? Yes, Frost is pretty crazy and OP atm, but atleast do your homework before you're going to flame and cry about a certain class again.

You've completely missed the point too, I am not complaining about their dammage. I also said, that the freezes are used for CC, not for dammage dealing. Y'know CC right? Where they don't attack you and stuff?

So no, the nova's don't break. And sorry for missing a few seconds on each Nova, I'll do my homework if those three seconds will make your day. :3

Im talking about their CC output, COMBINED with their dammage output on the other target.

15+ Year Old Account

You've completely missed the point too, I am not complaining about their dammage. I also said, that the freezes are used for CC, not for dammage dealing. Y'know CC right? Where they don't attack you and stuff?

So no, the nova's don't break. And sorry for missing a few seconds on each Nova, I'll do my homework if those three seconds will make your day. :3

Im talking about their CC output, COMBINED with their dammage output on the other target.
    You've completely missed by point aswell. Basicly I was saying you should get your "facts" straight before starting to QQ about something. It's like saying Arms Warriors are OP as fuck aswell...oww wait...:

Right, I could've responded to that, but I won't bother cause you'll just bring the Trollfest. I am talking about Frost Mages here, from MY PoV, I asked in the -POST- if -OTHER- people might have the same look on it as me, I never said Warriors were bad, Warriors sucked, etc. And again, sorry for missing a second on one of their countless CC's, its hard to keep track.

10+ Year Old Account

Reflect one of their cc spells, confuse the mage and you got enough time to f*ck their CC rotation over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Mages? Easy to control? You might've missed the complete point of this post, -THEY- control -YOU-
    First, you are a warrior. You are balanced around being cc'd. And if you are being cc'd the WHOLE game, you or your teammates are doing something terribly wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

Right, I could've responded to that, but I won't bother cause you'll just bring the Trollfest. I am talking about Frost Mages here, from MY PoV, I asked in the -POST- if -OTHER- people might have the same look on it as me, I never said Warriors were bad, Warriors sucked, etc. And again, sorry for missing a second on one of their countless CC's, its hard to keep track.

The last part of my second post was a joke, and I've also already said I agree with you on the "Frost Mage is OP" part. The rest of your post though, is clearly made by someone who hates a certain class because he can't do shit against it, but it's also clearly made by someone who doesn't know jack shit about that same class.

Not flaming you here by the way, but just be sure to get your facts straight if you're going to flame an other class again. Be happy that I was the one who responded to this, and not some Frost Mage who is telling you to "gtfo" and "l2p" :P

Teach your priest how to dispel. LOL

There! I fixed your problem!

I agree with teaching your shadow priest to dispel

Btw, Rock, meet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Except RMP is the paper to a lot of rocks while having only a couple of scissors that even need to be extra sharp.
    RMP is at it weakest it has ever been currently. It is quite obvious that the original poster, as well as many people in this thread, don't have any concept of high-end arena. People can complain all they want about frost mage snares and sheeps but at the end of the day, there are other classes with spammable snares/slows and CC that are equivalently as strong. It's pretty obvious the original poster isn't the best warrior and that his priest has no clue how to defensive dispel correctly. End of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Oh, I've seen this logic before.

If a player has great pve gear, he's obviously a no lifer.
    If a player has great pvp gear, he's obviously being carried or win trading.
    If a player comments on some classes being overpowered, he's obviously a noob as he doesn't have any high end arena experience.

No thanks.
    Yeah, you interpreted what I said perfectly. Glad you see it as black and white as I do.

/facepalm

Original poster just registered, has 4 posts, and is 16 years old. No, I will not give him credit when he plays on a team with a defensive dispel. End of discussion!

Frost mages are indeed powerful, but you got to understand that there are some classes that win easily against others, and some arena setups are designed against others.

Frost mages can pwn any warrior, but will get pwnd by X class. Live with it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Boub and Deathwing have never been seen in the same room together. Jus sayin.

Like many others have stated in life... L2P.

i'm a priest, i solo mages, but jesus, those warriors are super OP.

wow look, i complained about a class that counters me, am i cool?

to continue, 9k SHATTERS, maybe, 9k frost bolts? LOL, maybe, maybe on 0 resi targets, but W/E.
    if you're against RMP, they are gonna sheep your priest and open hard on you, get pre-hots full, put on a shield, have your druid stand somewhere out of los of the mage but in los of you, even possible on RoV in the first opener, intervene druid out of kidney, there, you just survived the first sheep DR on your priest, you now have full dispells and peels on both rogue and mage.

silence allows cyclone chain, psy horror on the kidney shuts down the rogues second opener, assuming he was forced to clos to get off the vanish.

other points, if your sp can death the first sheep, you're pretty much guarenteed a gib on something rather fast.
    if you shield block the rogue whilst kidney is down, revenge spam is going to force him to swap.

all in all, these things never go down like they do on paper, but there, have a few strats for surviving the openers, if you're not retarded, as soon as the rogue runs out of vanish's, you're gonna win.

mages atm are not particually OP, especially vs high burst classes. (pala/hunter/ele shaman is hilarious).
    at the moment, personally, i wouldn't say any class is all round OP, but there are some OP comps, i play a priest with a mage, therefor, beast cleave is hugely OP.

OMFG SO LOW NOOB L2P OMFG GTFO.