Poll: is there 1 faction in your realm that ALWAYS wins WG

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: is it me or is WG completely unfair?

I'm curious as to what kind of skill is involved when the server lags out from 200 people pvping in front of the keep door, no matter who's got more people. I've seen both sides lose an offensive on my server with the Keep door destroyed but everyone froze from server lag and the last minute isn't really anything but people bitching in general that they can't move.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh
    I've seen a relatively small group decimate a full side on my server due to these buffs.
    So they killed one of every ten? That's not all that impressive.

On khadgar eu the majority of wins are alliance, but only due to superior numbers.
    In the few times that numbers are even, or at least close enough which is generally in the early hours of the morning we tend to get our ass handed to us repeatedly.
    Population is generally the deciding factor, but skill or general coordination is another since at least in battlegrounds the entire reckoning battlegroup sucks since the said coordination is lacking. and any attempt to inform people of how to win tends to result in flaming, and lots of swearing and then followed by the predicted loss, but they still seem to think you did not know what you were talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

My realm is quite Alliance dominated but Horde still wins WG slightly more often. In particular, Alliance very rarely gets defensive victories. Generally it's pretty even though, the attacking side tends to win most of the time, some of the wins caused by last minute lag particularly early on the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Furcea
    Yes, I play Horde and we have hundreds more wins than Allys.
    This isn't unfair, we really are just better.
    Stopped reading.

Tenacity doesnt do anything when your stunned/feared/snared out the ass.

Pretty tough for a team out numbered to attack a fort where the defensive team holes up and out numbers you. I cant think of any battle in history where the little guy won by chasing down the big guy at his home with out a huge tech advantage.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin

I win on bot of my characters (same battlegroup, once alliance, one horde)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted

Blizzard can't really do anything if you're that outnumbered.. Maybe if they introduced something that limited people joining to the same amount of the opposing faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    Horde always own WG in my realm for days on end....this is crap anyone else thinks this needs to be severely changed?
    if your server is a pile of ******* go to another one, end of story... or try to put some inteligence into the brains of the players of your faction...

in my realm we are 35% horde and we managed to win WG 56% of the times since the begining of WotLK according to the book in VoA

my opinion.... L2P
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

No, not always. Only 85% of the time. (EUDefias Brotherhood - Horde)

Simple solution to fix WG......the walls don't repair themselves until control has changed factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkhan
    Simple solution to fix WG......the walls don't repair themselves until control has changed factions.
    I like this.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Petersen
    So they killed one of every ten? That's not all that impressive.
    Nice one, I never understood gluth, stinky etc removing 90% of your health with a spell which should obviously remove 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxZarin
    Personally I think WG should switch factions regardless of who "wins" so servers with one faction that heavily outnumbers the other, both sides can actually get into VoA.
    So people who don't need or deserve the gear can get their welfare?

I personally believe there should be a WG Tax, you have to "pay" to enter the VoA raid. Something like 10 WG marks per raid lockout.

I like WG the way it is (Horde Madoran loses 75% of the time), why do I like it? When we win, it feels like we earn it. Not some slap happy L2Playn00b bullshit. My server sucks, no one listens and it is such a piss server that people like their gimp ass welfare VoA epics.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Citatus
    Blizzard can't really do anything if you're that outnumbered.. Maybe if they introduced something that limited people joining to the same amount of the opposing faction.
    They have a cap, I understand what your saying, but the simple solution is, participation. I play on Arthas (US) and the Horde win it, a lot. Pretty much at any given time I can log on and expect to be able to do a VoA. I'm not sure of the population ratio, but it just seems that the alliance don't do WG. They will win it here and there, the growing buff helps out.

So just don't even fight for it anymore, just alternate back and forth between factions.

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryevin
    I like this.
    Me too

To the poster above me trying to say the wall thing won't work, let's say horde has just won control of wintergrasp. When the battle begins the walls go up because it is the first time they defend the fortress since the shift. If alliance fails to capture wintergrasp on that battle, the walls will be damaged but not broken all the way to the relic because alliance did not win. The walls remain damaged the next battle and so on until alliance has gotten through to the relic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what the guy meant when he said walls not repairing. I'm not saying I think it's a great idea or not cause I couldn't care less, I lag too much to do WG, just trying to clarify.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo

I don't understand how you can't see why it doesn't work. If the walls go up after the match has been won, then every next match starts with the walls up.

Some levels of people's logic baffles me at times ???
    All fights start with the walls up.
    IF the attacking faction wins every time.
    Some levels of people's logic baffles me at times.

uhm :P move char to anohter realm with more Ally's

On balnazzar horde wins 9/10 WG's cuzz the ally pop is very low (:

so yes its fair, and no, blizz shouldent do anything about it.
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Deleted

Well, in my realm Alliance has become a skilled defender with twice the number of defensive battles won compared to the horde. However it's not always granted. I believe we only have a few dozen skilled players who actively participate WG and can play together so well that they can turn the tides of any battle and trample the horde to the ground with the rest of the worms. But if most of those skilled players happen to be away raiding or something, the rest won't stand a chance.

I've also noticed that the more blood elves the horde has, the more likely they will lose.