Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Shaman

Was a spell between LHW and HW really necessary? Seems rather arbitrary.

And FUCK EARTHQUAKE! I wanted Volcano that spews blue fireballs like the volcanos on Supremus. Oh well, better than nothing.

Moving while casting will get nerfed to all hell and healing rain will end up with a long ass CD like Tranq.

Cool shit for resto but I'm not getting my hopes up. Whatever druids and holy preists get will make them somehow better at raid healing.

Also, I don't understand the point of trying to bring back spirit link. Cool idea but not really practical...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo
    I'll second that.
    I'll triple that! Lvling it right away now!
    I would love to see the graphics of Healing Rain <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Very pleased. I'm a little skitterish about having another ability to weave into cooldowns, but it sounds like they have plans, and they've thought them out. I REALLY hope I get called for the beta now.

Let this be the death of Bus Shock. In nomine patrei et feli, et spiritus sancti.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I almost vomited from excitement, and I don't even play Shaman. ;D

Now I truly can't wait for Pally/DK/Rogue blues (will decide who I will stick with once I find out the outcomes).

casting and walking for 10 seconds... hopefully mages get the same deal. I imagine a lotta casters want the same deal; it's only fair since melee will walk and dmg without a prob.

@ Deep Healing - Hate it

Healing spells that get more powerful as the person gets lower in % health never work. Every single class has gotten a form of it and every single one has failed and was eventually changed.

Letting someone get low on purpose is just stupid, and letting people get too low in the first place means someone isn't doing their job well.

hope i have my shaman 80 till cataclysm! :P
    The Aunans, Darksorrow EU recruiting for a better world
    www.the-aunans.net

Can't wait to try this out, seems fun!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Korv
    Where's my AoE lightning!! (haven't read it properly, so If its there don't flame :P)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49271

My only disappointment is the amount of key binds I'll need when all this shit goes live < >
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken
    lmfao... I love this bear *hugs* I agree with the druid, no mage run-casting. Talk about OP frost mages.
    Agreed. If anything something similar for moonkins. Seeing as how we would need it more than any other class/spec by a good margin.

Deleted

Jesus Christ! If they put as much effort into other classes as they have for shammies, cata will be AWESOME!

Spiritwalker's Grace is 10s every 2min. It's coming pre-nerfed.

It still shouldn't be given to other classes, though.

Very interesting on casting while moving. That can bring an entire new dimension to shamans. Ele's/resto's can actually move when needed in pvp and pve, and enh doesnt have to wait for full maelstrom stack. Just maybe that its the wrong class considering bl.. can get really scary in pvp to have a haste focus, hitting BL and then spamming CL or LB every sec for 10s along with elemental overload procs.

Also love the haste focus. Haste from the unleash weapon WF proc, haste from the tree, flurry, haste on gear, bl/heroism... Add in the occasional WF proc/static shock proc/skills and the shaman will easily feel dynamic with all the numbers flying arround even if there isnt much changing.
    Seems like the focus is slowly changing from vanilla's occasional hitting like a truck (wf proc = dead) to a more rogue-ish sustained output. Elemental overload kinda does the same by allowing all spells to trigger a 2nd cast, the potential searing totem at range and ofc Earthquake *ponders if elemental overload can proc earthquake...*.

With these dynamic-like changes that focus on watching lots of small numbers (and thats really fun from my prot pala's experience) it really shows they're stearing everything towards more sustained output rather then big crits and making you feel you're really busy with a lot of things. Kinda makes me wonder what they'll do with the rest....

10+ Year Old Account

I'm ready for this now. Holy shit.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

I feel like Shammies are losing some of their individuality and that makes me a little sad.

Unleash weapon = Judgements... really? Shammies aren't already close enough to being nature powered Pallies, so lets give them a Pally ability?

And I highly doubt the casting while running thing will happen. While it is useful, if they keep malestrom weapon it will make Enhancements gods in PvP. Throw off an instant cast big heal, then throw off another one while running away before getting close and smashing face again. They will basicly be what feral druids are now, but without the whole downside to turning back into an elf/cow.

Looks promising and kind of op (moving and casting lol?), one can only hope
    for similar for rogues, but as far as the changes were before - I'm not optimistic.
    Bigger than Life.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz
    i don't like the Healing rain thing. seems wierd to me and doesnt fit into my picture of a shaman :S
    Did you picture it with rain that looks like what comes out of the lightwells in ToC like I did? If not, I'd say rain fits pretty well. Their main element is nature, and water is either frost or nature, depending on how you look at it (and they have two frost spells, too).

EARTHQUAKEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH

And casting while moving, and able to cast other totems and still buff 10% sp, weee, this is great so far!
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan
    way to nerf resto shamans....

>

Why the fuck did I just make my resto shaman my main a few months ago...

argh!
    the only thing that could even vaguely be called a "nerf" in the whole article is losing the ability to cleanse poisons, and we knew they were normalizing dispels already. What are you reading?