Thread: "Chakra"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: "Chakra"

Reminds me of Chaka from Land of the lost xD

I want to hurt people who think Chakra is a bloody Naruto reference... kids today are just damn ignorant.

I like the sound of this idea; in fact, it's similar to an idea I had thrown around a couple times in Cataclysm wishlist threads about making Serendipity a more broad concept and not simply consuming the charges. However, this concept is taking it a step farther by essentially letting Holy specialize on the fly. I'm interested in seeing more specifics about the mechanics because, as mentioned, it's not completely clear how it will work with just that preview. Also on the plus side, it gives us a "Holy Form" without the lame sort of copying of Shadowform or Tree form, so they can give us some nifty graphical updates without making our mechanics clunky by forbidding us from casting shadow spells or whatever.

Regarding the name, as others mentioned, it is definitely a reference to Eastern religious beliefs (not just Hindu, also notably in Buddhism and at least a couple less known ones as well), and so it's quite appropriate for the Priest. The only thing I don't really like about it is that it definitely seems to fall in line more with the Discipline flavor to me, with all the monk and meditation type references, which seems more in line with Eastern religions, rather than with the Holy flavor, which seems more in line with Western religions. So, really, my only criticism thus far would be that I'd prefer to see Chakra be a Discipline or general Priest ability, and see a different name here. Then again, maybe part of the purpose here is to blur the lines some between the religious references.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this sort of change in mechanic.

Edit: I'm not looking forward to the number of people who will be mispronouncing the word as with a ch-sound sound rather than an sh-sound; that's going to be quite frustrating for sure.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you need to be a tank healer, cast three single target heals and your single-target healing is now better. Cast three area heals, and you can be a temporarily specialized group healer.
    So basically...you cast 3 PoH for 100% for their efficiency, and after those 3 you get Chakra Empowerment giving your CoH&PoH a 160% Efficiency on the next one?

Same goes with 3FH/3GH/3Renew?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    So basically...you cast 3 PoH for 100% for their efficiency, and after those 3 you get Chakra Empowerment giving your CoH&PoH a 160% Efficiency on the next one?

Same goes with 3FH/3GH/3Renew?
    It'll probably more along the lines of you entering a specific "Chakra" for x amount of time, rather than just empowering your next cast. Remember: They're implementing some kind of UI just for this, so it stands to reason that it will be more than just one empowered cast.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

This really has some potential to bring holy priests back into the flexibility that made me love them from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanter
    "Chakra"...

Naruto, anyone?
    because chakra has never been used anyplace other than naruto or before its inception....ever
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Casting Prayer three times in a row (heavy damage aura fights, anyone?) would increase your multi-target healing capabilities. Circle, Hymn, Mending, and Binding (all the little things on Divine Providence) would be bumped up, from my guess. And you'd only really activate that particular aspect while needing that particular aspect in a fight, regardless.

Renew's I can see having a high uptime, and depending on the content, Heal's shouldn't be that hard to maintain either.

The real question is: How hard has Xel been fapping since they said "Even smite"?
    Just woke up this morning and OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Thank you Blizzard, for giving me a bone!!!!!

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry to be a nuisance can someone clarify this for me...

I cast flash heal 3 times.
    Then i go into chakra mode
    Then every time i cast flash heal again, it has extra affects?

I cast PoM 3 times
    Then every time i cast PoM again it has an affect which is different than the flash heal one?

Or do i cast something 3 times, then go into chakra mode, then all my spells will have different affects?

I'm pretty confused. It sounds wonderful, but i don't really understand it. And does anyone know what any of these effects would be?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    This really has some potential to bring holy priests back into the flexibility that made me love them from the start.
    YES YES YES YES YES i agree 100% ^^ <3 holy

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany
    Sorry to be a nuisance can someone clarify this for me...

I cast flash heal 3 times.
    Then every time i cast flash heal again, it has extra affects?

I cast PoM 3 times
    Then every time i cast PoM again it has an affect which is different than the flash heal one?

Or do i cast something 3 times, then go into chakra mode, then all my spells will have different affects?

I'm pretty confused. It sounds wonderful, but i don't really understand it. And does anyone know what any of these effects would be?
    most likely extra casts just renew the current effect, im positive if you stopped healing completely you would lose the buff, and not all spells, just that specialization
    (single target / HoTs / AoEs heal)
    but yep i am pretty they all have different effects.
    maybe one will be reduced mana cost, another will be %bonus healing, and another will be longer duration(HoTs)
    not positive though it would be my guess
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros
    Could work with Mana Burn...
    Mana Burn is a shadow spell, so I would guess you had to cast three shadow spells in a row to get boost for it. Smite/Holy Fire would count as holy spells and need three of those to boost them. Atleast thats how I think about it.

And for the AoE healing, I'm not sure Holy Nova will count since its an AoE for damage also. As in I don't think you can use Holy Nova to gain Chakra points, but the boosted AoE healing could work on Holy Nova after you gotten it.

Shadow school, Discipline tree, but who knows what they will be basing form switching on. They might could it as a Damage spell, so you can use it along with Smite, Mind Blast and Holy Fire to gain a nuking bonus before you swap back into tank healing mode or HoT mode.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account

I wonder if you'll be able to set this up before combat by casting heals before a pull.

in reply to all the naruto chakra references...... i think of the guru from avatar the last airbender who drinks onion and bannna juice
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Christan
    YES YES YES YES YES i agree 100% ^^ <3 holy
    How did the further YESSES feel? So in the state of enlighted agreement? xD

Deleted

Jesus christ, kids, I have never been into naruto (what's so special about a retard-faced kid who is basically on an ADHD trip thinking he's a ninja?), and even I recognized Chakra from somewhere else.

Get an education please. tyvm.

On topic, I seriously want to see what they do with this. I think the UI will probably be a kinda bar (similar to CPs) which has 3 empty slots that can be filled out by different kinds of spells. Reach a 3 stack and you get your bonus until another kind of spell is cast / it runs out, break your stack and you start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    and even I recognized Chakra from somewhere else.
    I tought of this the moment i saw CHAKRA! lol =D

Venara: And I thought I said "no more pictures" before.
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Zanter
    "Chakra"...

Naruto, anyone?
    If Priest is low on health it will turn into a Demon Fox then?
    Topic: World 3rd LK HC Kill by a North Korean guild:
    Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    I highly doubt it is North Korea. As the vast majority of them live as europeans did 160 years ago, the only real progression being tractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Jesus christ, kids, I have never been into naruto (what's so special about a retard-faced kid who is basically on an ADHD trip thinking he's a ninja?), and even I recognized Chakra from somewhere else.

Get an education please. tyvm.
    No kidding! What's with all this Naruto stuff? I thought everyone knew that Chakra was originally featured as Xena's weapon ;-) (hey, at least Lucy Lawless is hot)

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Nezumi
    If Priest is low on health it will turn into a Demon Fox then?
    Nope, when he is close to totally enrage.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.