Thread: Immo + Conflag

Immo + Conflag

Hi just a quick question.

When immolate has around 6 seconds left and conflag is about to come off cooldown, should i do which of these:

1) Clip it so I don't miss the damage buff on my CB/Incin, also so i don't waste backdraft on immolate.
    2) Leave it and use 1 backdraft proc for immolate,as well as losing the damage on CB/Incin.
    3) Neither of the above, throw something new at me

Synygy

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Immo + Conflag

Normal rotation:
    Yes, use the hasted tick on Immolate.

During Bloodlust or a trinket proc or some other haste effect:
    No, throw out a hasted but non-immolate Incinerate and immediately refresh Immolate after.

R.I.P. YARG

For the trinket proc, is that only a haste proc or do you mean spellpower as well? Currently have Dying Curse (lol) and Dislodged.

15+ Year Old Account

Haste trinket proc

R.I.P. YARG

Ok great thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    During Bloodlust or a trinket proc or some other haste effect:
    No, throw out a hasted but non-immolate Incinerate and immediately refresh Immolate after.
    Unless you also have Empowered Imp up, in which case you should cast Immolate anyway as the DPET of Immolate + Emp. Imp is massive.

15+ Year Old Account

@Myself, fffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Unless you also have Empowered Imp up, in which case you should cast Immolate anyway as the DPET of Immolate + Emp. Imp is massive.
    empowered imp + immolate = 100% crit on the dot ticks?
    or how should i understand that?... it would sure explain why my guilds destro lock is suddenly doing so much dps

Yes, Immolate + Emp Imp = 100% crit chance for the initial hit and every tick.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Yes, Immolate + Emp Imp = 100% crit chance for the initial hit and every tick.
    imba. didnt know that. thinking about respeccing^^

Honestly you can squeeze out ever so slight increases to damage, but if you miscalculate even once during the fight and hold a spell you can end up in the end average lower than 'normal'. In this sense 'normal' is defined as your output had you simply stuck blindly to your priority queue as soon as the spells are off cooldown.

So, while you 'can' hold and do things like this you may be hurting yourself more in the long run with this happening 4-5 times over the course of a fight depending on your haste levels (which then set everything else on a unique cooldown rotation).

That make sense?

To answer your question - when immolate has 6 seconds on it and conflag is off CD, you hit Conflag. You should be able to get off 3 spells (Either Incinerates or CB if they are available) before you need to recast Immolate.

Remember, that even if Immolate falls off while you are in the middle of either CB or Incinerate you still get the extra damage provided by talents such as Fire and Brimstone. After you complete the cast then refresh Immolate. This will happen at lower haste levels.

Also remember that Immolate has a cast time. You can cast a new one even if there is one on your target still - providing that you do not finish your cast until after the last tick goes off of the one on your target.

Real Example:

My Immolate cast time is 1.1s standard (non-backdraft). As soon as I see 1s left on Immolate (unless Conflag or CB is available) I cast Immolate. If I am under the effect of backdraft, I will cast something other than Immolate, and refresh Immolate after that cast as it is not off the target altogether.
    This space for rent.

If there is an immolate up from another warlock you can simply have yours drop and use your backdraft charges on incinerate/cb before re-casting immolate.

10+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    Don't believe everything a tooltip tells you. Grab yourself a friendly lock and try it out for yourself.

Testing > Tooltip

10+ Year Old Account

Ok...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    imba. didnt know that. thinking about respeccing^^
    Are you saying you don't currently have Emp. Imp? Don't think about respeccing, respec. Emp. Imp is very good seeing as it doesn't have a cooldown.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

He's most likely not Destro and thinking about going Destro because of it, which is silly. It takes quite a bit of work, practice, luck and a proper level of haste for Destro to be remotely worth playing... unless you're still in T9 gear, then Destro beats Afflic pretty easily. Not that many scrubby Locks will believe you if you try and explain. :P