Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Druid

Quote Originally Posted by torth-sucks
    Have all ready started a shaman.
    That's quite ironic, seeing as shamans these days seem to be starting mages. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by emni
    Well as i can tell shamans will be king raid healers since they can now cast on the run and have healing rain. This is why i changed.

Quote Originally Posted by torth-sucks
    Well as i can tell shamans will be king raid healers since they can now cast on the run and have healing rain. This is why i changed.
    Just because the abilities sound cool doesn't mean they'll make the class OP. We know nothing about how much Healing Rain actually heals for or any other details. And Spiritwalker's Grace is a 2 min cooldown, so you won't be healing on the run all the time since you'll have to save it for when it's actually needed. Frankly, I think druids will still be the no.1 healing-on-the-run healers since we have a bunch of HoTs and instants that don't need any cooldown to be cast on the run.

Not to mention that these spells might not even make it to live! Remember what happened to Spirit Link during WotLK? Rerolling based on a preview is a teeny tiny bit silly.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by emni
    Oddly enough, the only magic/caster classes I don't have are mage and shaman But since I want goblins, I'm forced to wait till release :'(

Quote Originally Posted by wildz
    we play tree to be a tree not look like one every couple of minutes dude

but i want to be a tree the entire time im healing.

if this change makes it into cata goodbye druid hello shaman
    Being stuck in tree form was the worst thing about playing a druid imo!!!! Its an ugly form that doesnt show off our gear limits us to certain spells and doesnt allow u to use cool costumes like everyone else!!!! I've been a resto druid since i started playing and im soooo happy this is happening!!!

The only shitty part of us losing tree form is now we will be A*% RAPED with saps starting off!!! our hots being dispelled and our partners dying in arena in 5 secs

If showing off my armor was my main concern I wouldn't have went druid. I personally like tree and feel that it makes us different. Not only that but when I get hit with a frost nova or rooted it's nice to be able to shift out of form and still be able to heal instead of having to go bear or cat. Maybe make a cd that buffs tree form? and if your not in tree for when you activate it then it would put you into form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantham
    Maybe make a cd that buffs tree form? and if your not in tree for when you activate it then it would put you into form.
    This. Same numbers (since these seem to be so important so some) but still a permanent tree shape. Well, we'll see whether, and how, they implement that minor glyph to always have that appearance.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I like the ToL change.
    I like PVP and BG.
    I like to HoT and run away from danger.
    I like to be able to do something else rather than HEAL HEAL HEAL when you have opportunity for something else
    , like, roots, cyclone, moonfire etc

I like people who whine QUIT their druid.
    I hope they really quit.

Deleted

Regarding the tree of life change...

they can just like delete druids from game,can't they ?

I feel like I'm the only person who enjoys having to use tree form to heal.

It's the only druid form used for a responsibility you're making us now use in a clutch. I mean, it's not like tanks have a CD for bear form when they 'really need to tank', so why should I have to be forced out of tree form and limited by a CD to do better healing?

I like tree form, I don't care about the cosmetics of it and 'not getting to show off gear, lack of offensive capabilities.' I'M A HEALER. I HEAL. I love being nothing but a healing battery and have no desire to deal damage; I love my responsibility, I personally feel this is a mindset required of healers. If you're concerned with being able to do damage, you shouldn't roll as healing. Period.

This concept of giving us more healing 'in a clutch' is completely contradictory to their design of damage. The only way to make something more challenging in Blizz's eyes is to increase a mob's HP and Damage and rate in which they deal damage. You're taking away something I feel plays a vital role in dealing with some of this damage, by giving a % healing buff to people around me and only giving it to me on a CD. What I mean really, is something like a 'metamorphosis' for healing isn't really viable considering the consistency of damage this game throws at raids. Be being able to do 'awesome healing' for 10 seconds once every 2-3 minutes...isn't enough.

I understand the desire to make things more...'epic'. Maybe it's just me set in my ways, but I feel a complete overhaul on how damage is done in this game is needed in order for changes like this to be effective.

I would prefer to keep tree form the way it is, but give it more perks to the spells we use but obviously at a reduced amount than what's been discussed thus far by Blizzard. This especially because we are not getting any new spells for healing.

You're letting us use Tranq in tree form to hit the entire raid...this will simply reduce tree form to be nothing more than a pairing w/tranq. Just like NS and HT and the like.

I see this as a nerf, being covered with fancy theatrics. Maybe it's too early to say this stuff, but I've had my druid since vanilla, this change really concerns me.

i m starting to think moonkins are actually pokemons

seriously

solar beam
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"