Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Worst news ever......

Atleast now the entire mage class will be balanced around one spell.

/welcome

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I guess you haven't read Shaman changes? We are going to be AWESOME in Cataclysm. We have a new raid spot ticket; it's called OP'ness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion

C) Do not try to insult me when you know nothing about me or my background, and using incorrect grammar with little to know capitalization makes you look like the child.
    Talking to me, I'm fairly sure.

The hate QQ from an angry, neurotic WoW player is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

The point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant
    Lol if this was live all the guilds doing HM LK wouldn't have even brought the one resto shaman that they did bring. He would have gotten benched after sindragosa like the other shaman in the raid.
    Are you completely oblivious to the fact that this was the preview? The game is not even in a beta stage and you whine if the change would've come for LK HM?
    The game isn't balanced around these abilities in WotLK they will be in Cataclysm, it was inevitable that some other class other than shamans will get the Hero/BL equivalent.
    As Kaneiac said, now you actually have to pull your weight in raids to get invite, not just push heroism at 30% or what ever.

Blizzard could at least bring back the old WF totem. That was something REALLY unique and loved.

I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

We better be doing OP dmg if our lolclassdefiningtotems are staying as is. I do find it odd that mages get something extra with time warp, why don't shamans get something extra with BL?

Will time warp be like the kings drums? 8% instead of 10%?
    This bugged me, but Resto/Ele did get some pretty nifty advancements. Enhance is left in the dust, hope more info is brought out/

"Worst news ever"...."mages get BL"...

What?...

Spend 2 more seconds and spell the whole word >< lood ust <-Missing those
    Todays kids are slowly losing their skill to write :s in a 100 years we cant write, it'll all be h I w b fg td a i w gt
    The lost nomadic druid.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xaos
    good change, having to compete with my shaman for a spot in alts raids is good, it'll drive me to perform better.
    Getting a free invite because of a unique buff was/is stupid.

"bring the player not the class.. oh and 1 shaman"
    ^^
    nice to see blizzard addressing that..

Though..giving it to mage is nasty.. RMP is going to be so vicious with BL,smoke bombs, life grip...

It's being changed to:

"Bring the player and not the class... Oh, and at least 1 shaman or mage"

Still makes up for 10% room in a 10-man raid.

C) Do not try to insult me when you know nothing about me or my background, and using incorrect grammar with little to know capitalization makes you look like the child.
    you're right... i look like such a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiiago
    you're right... i look like such a fool.
    I'm also not the one trying to call people children. So yes, I made a typo and did not proofread my post. Congratulations on catching it. Care to answer any other part of it?

If they made it so that every class could compete on the meters and the best player, not the best class, would be #1, then I would be happy. It would be nice to not have to bring lower skill players just for the raid buffs.

Unfortunately that's like saying BM hunters and Frost mages are currently viable in PvE. Blizzard would argue that they are. The rest of us know better.

A) "Have had it easy" is such a broad statement it's not even worth trying to argue.
    "Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown."
    "Restoration: Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown."

Patch 3.0.9

Do you remember seeing a resto shaman in EoE before either of these happened, or the EoE nerf?...

Patch 3.2.0a

"Shamans: Base health increased by approximately 7% to correct for shamans having lower health than other classes."

It took them YEARS to realize the health gap that is STILL there.

These are just a few... need I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiiago
    "Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown."
    "Restoration: Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown."

Patch 3.0.9

Do you remember seeing a resto shaman in EoE before either of these happened, or the EoE nerf?...

Patch 3.2.0a

"Shamans: Base health increased by approximately 7% to correct for shamans having lower health than other classes."

It took them YEARS to realize the health gap that is STILL there.

These are just a few... need I go on?
    I would submit that those were druids and priests being overpowered, not shaman underpowered, though since class balance is relative, the line is grayed. However, they were corrected.

I'm not argueing that shamans are overpowered or even as good as other classes atm. What I am saying is that you are all clamoring to keep a bandaid that keeps you in raids. Why not instead try your best to make sure that the changes that they are making are going to let you keep up with other classes?

I would submit that those were druids and priests being overpowered, not shaman underpowered, though since class balance is relative, the line is grayed. However, they were corrected.

I'm not argueing that shamans are overpowered or even as good as other classes atm. What I am saying is that you are all clamoring to keep a bandaid that keeps you in raids. Why not instead try your best to make sure that the changes that they are making are going to let you keep up with other classes?
    why do people assume that because we're complaining about BL and losing our raid spot that we haven't been complaining about our DPS, survivability, and our buffs. We've been yelling at the top of our lungs all patch to keep us on par with everyone else and we've been ignored. So don't be surprised that we're clinging to the last thing that makes us viable in raiding, even if you only have to bring one of us and it'll probably be resto.

What happens when Cata hits and we're still behind and we're still yelling like we have been all along...now we don't even have the uniqueness of BL to get us a spot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    why do people assume that because we're complaining about BL and losing our raid spot that we haven't been complaining about our DPS, survivability, and our buffs?
    This. This is the point exactly.

All I want as a shaman is to not have to kite another player in pvp, no matter what spec I am. I've read AJ.com forums, and the ideal resil rating is between 1300-1400 resil...

I have 1100 on my lock and can live through rogue stuns now... I'm happy... I can kill things too... Its balanced...

My shaman has higher armor value from mail... a talent that gives me 30% reduced damaged while silenced, feared or stunned... and I wear an F'ing SHIELD... but 1000 resil is still not enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

I cant wait for the pally stuff... so I can see you QQ

Congratulations for whining about losing the uniqueness of one ability, if that was the only reason you got picked i feel sorry for you, because everyone knows totems are useless in PvE right?
    Now i play a mage and i can say even i hate this... and why? Well i hate that because we didn't really get anything unique for our class, sure we can already bake your daily bread and make you portals for when the raid is ready, but thats the uniqueness of being a mage if thinking like the whining shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    why do people assume that because we're complaining about BL and losing our raid spot that we haven't been complaining about our DPS, survivability, and our buffs. We've been yelling at the top of our lungs all patch to keep us on par with everyone else and we've been ignored.
    Oh really? Last time i played was about 4 months ago (yes im semi-retired) but one of the best DPS in our guild was an ele shammy, but ofc he probably hacked or cheated somehow, its not likely he was just very good right?

Perhaps Blizz should give you an "I-win" button so you quit whining? No, just l2p and stfu...
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadirm

Oh really? Last time i played was about 4 months ago (yes im semi-retired) but one of the best DPS in our guild was an ele shammy, but ofc he probably hacked or cheated somehow, its not likely he was just very good right?

Perhaps Blizz should give you an "I-win" button so you quit whining? No, just l2p and stfu...
    Four months ago was ToGC 25 as progression... As a mage... How in the flying shit did you not pull top dps in that raid?... arcane barrage proc'ing confuse you or was it the complexity of a 2 button rotation... or was spell stealing way to difficult

please note that while for alot of content (i.e. heroics/10mans/25mans) shamans can perform well. But look at world first and server first guilds... All players in those guilds have equal skill and equal gear. Shamans are lacking from that list. Multiple guilds have openly admitted the don't bring DPS shamans because they can't afford the DPS loss.