Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Eligible for cata beta

When i was a young noobie i recieved a 48 hour ban for saying "Druids are gay" to a peticularly gay druid

I have heard that to be in with a chance of getting an invite to cata beta your account must not have had any "Black Marks" else you become eligible?

Is this just the random douchebags of the internet trolling me or is it true?

Thanks

Re: Eligible for cata beta

This is a very "guess-y" subject.

On one hand, several people claim so. It also sounds very logical.

On the other hand, people with black marks the size of Belgium received beta keys to Starcraft 2.

I've tried contacting Blizzard to find an answer to this, but they won't really reply with any decent information.

My guess? Bans for stuff like trolling, flaming and insulting most likely doesn't matter, as long as they are not repeated. Bans for stuff like exploiting and ruining game economy probably does matter.

Keep in mind that this is, at the moment, all speculation. We don't know for sure, not something from a viable source. That said, if anyone could find a source with a clear answer I'm offering three hundred cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by sighduck
    When i was a young noobie i recieved a 48 hour ban for saying "Druids are gay" to a peticularly gay druid

I have heard that to be in with a chance of getting an invite to cata beta your account must not have had any "Black Marks" else you become eligible?

Is this just the random douchebags of the internet trolling me or is it true?

Thanks
    Id say they are just douchebags. If they will in fact not invite "black marked" players to the beta, I dont think they would announce it before they acctually announce when the beta will start.

Thanks for the swift replies and yea i knew it wasnt really going to be an answer that was going to recieve a certain answer but as i havn't recieved a wotlk beta or SC2 beta with this account i wondered if this was the reason

Meh just hope i get lucky with cata i guess

I remember back when WotLK was in beta, I read on the official wow site that not only do you need no black marks, but you also should be a good samaritan and actually report people. I don't know how seriously they take this but it seems like complete bullshit.

well i have another, my account got hacked and the guy who hacked was bottin and my account got banned, so am i outa the runnin for a key just because of some douche-fag?
    Its a crazy world out there, luckily i rarely see, expierience or go out into it cause ive got my own world.....of warcraft

Just means you weren't lucky, Sigh. 'Minor' stuff like what you did won't deny you access to a Beta key, but if you spammed "Fags suck cock" or something 20 times per second via macro in Trade chat you'd probably not be seeing one.

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm allowed to say the three-letter F-word Takin' it back! :P

Quote Originally Posted by a0930sp
    well i have another, my account got hacked and the guy who hacked was bottin and my account got banned, so am i outa the runnin for a key just because of some douche-fag?
    Nope. You won't be punished for something you aren't responsible for.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

dunno about blizz but i wouldn't want any trolls and flamers in beta so i will blacklist all that were hit by banhammer.

ps. op look up meaning of 'eligible'

Qualified or entitled to be chosen

Am i Qualified or entitled to be chosen with this black mark?

Correct if im not being an idiot?

I got banned once 72 hours for Afking at the mailbox with my bear mount back in tbc but i still got sc2 beta maybe its just for Wow.

as stated on the opt-in option itself... the only criteria for being eligible is by having a up to date and active wow account linked to the battlenet account in question...

no other buts or ifs included

I got a 3 hour ban once... there goes my chance of Cata beta? :P
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    On the other hand, people with black marks the size of Belgium received beta keys to Starcraft 2.
    If you look it from a world map size, they'd have very small black marks. Really the average fruit fly is bigger than Belgium on the map.

I was given a 3 day ban once from the game a few years back.

Still got a beta invite for WotLK about a year or so later though.

The amount of players they have now, I doubt they keep permanent records on who they give temporary bans to.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    If you look it from a world map size, they'd have very small black marks. Really the average fruit fly is bigger than Belgium on the map.
    I know. That wasn't the point, I was pulling off a very subtle Doctor Who reference. Too subtle, apparently :-\

I do live in Belgium, can't remember dr Who ever being on TV. Then again neither has battlestar galactica and other weird stuff Americans think is common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm allowed to say the three-letter F-word Takin' it back! :P
    You're allowed? I presumed you were female
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Completely off topic, but Doctor Who is British. Although its pretty popular in America, its no where near as big as it is in the UK.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

10+ Year Old Account

My first and only question is, how and why was this Druid so gay?

Now, OP. I wouldn't say it's something to be concerned about. As many have said, some small rude remarks to a player isn't the biggest deal. Exploiting, hacking, spamming Trade w/ said rude remarks...likely are. I've had a clean record since WoW launched and haven't received a single beta invite so, don't take the lack of invites as an indication of your 'black marks' in Blizzards books.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I do live in Belgium, can't remember dr Who ever being on TV. Then again neither has battlestar galactica and other weird stuff Americans think is common knowledge.
    being from belgium too, i can say battlestar galactica used to play, or maybe still playes late in the night (think it stats 1:30 till 4:00 or something?)
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."