Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: The Druid Cataclysm, Death of Resto's

The only thing I see that making me sad is that we lose our Polymorph immunity.

We have to use bear, kitty, and travel form to get out of it and that is a waste of mana. Unless blizzard will do something to the mages since they are getting more powerful with CC in PVP.

We can't remove magic debuff when we are sheeped.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I asking for the name since you can't give their name to the forum. You need to understand that you should only post what you think not what other people think because they might have a different view point about the topic.

I could ask 100 druid and only 15 of them dislike Tree of Life, 40 like Tree of Life, and 45 does not care. Everyone is over one million and your number pile is too small.

That why I said "Stop grouping yourselves with the word everyone"

It is better to said "my friends and I agree that the changes are good" than "Everyone I talk to and myself agree that the changes are good". Saying "everyone I talk to" might be a lie and you might have only talk to 3 people. Three People is not everyone. At the same time, everyone means every person that disagree with you and you threw those people away in your sentence.
    First, Grammar!

Second, let me re quote the original post you are QQing about to show you where your reading comprehension went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore
    You personally might have liked ToL form. I, and everyone else I ever asked about this, hated it with passion.
    Been stuck in this dumb form since the pre-BC patch during the last weeks of vanilla wow and I was waiting for the day they removed it ever since. It got so extremely dull and boring after a while I literally almost threw up in my mouth every time I logged in.
    Then I rerolled another healing class this summer.

Nuff said.
    He never said EVERYONE he said EVERYONE HE HAS TALKED TO. So like the guy said reading comprehension is FTW.

The only thing I see that making me sad is that we lose our Polymorph immunity.

We have to use bear, kitty, and travel form to get out of it and that is a waste of mana. Unless blizzard will do something to the mages since they are getting more powerful with CC in PVP.

We can't remove magic debuff when we are sheeped.
    Polymorph isn't an issue. A quick macro to shift+unshift removes it and isn't that big of a mana loss. The biggest hit to PvP is vulnerability to sap and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grattz
    First, Grammar!

Second, let me re quote the original post you are QQing about to show you where your reading comprehension went wrong.

He never said EVERYONE he said EVERYONE HE HAS TALKED TO. So like the guy said reading comprehension is FTW.
    You fail to read the sentence, "I, and everyone else I ever asked about this".

Also why are you not ripping that sentence apart, Mr. or Mrs. Grammar.

"everyone else I ever asked about this" meaning people who saw the changes and post their idea about it on the forums. There are different ideas, and he choose to speak for those people without stating who they are.

I am telling him to stop speaking for those people. I understand he dislike to form but let other people state their idea about what going on because one person does not speak for the many.

"everyone else I ever asked about this" meaning people who saw the changes and post their idea about it on the forums. There are different ideas, and he choose to speak for those people without stating who they are.

I am telling him to stop speaking for those people. I understand he dislike to form but let other people state their idea about what going on because one person does not speak for the many.
    Right there is your problem. You seem to be under the misguided belief that "asking people about something" and "reading posts on a forum" are the same thing. I will try to explain this as simply as I can. Asking someone implies direct questioning, which received answers, and in no way implies he is speaking for "everyone" as you claim but only for himself and those that he has asked. It might be that he has asked on a forum but he still asked and they responded, but then again that might not be the case.

There is no reason he should be required to supply the names of these people that for all you know might be his personal circle of friends. That would be like me asking a group of friends which zone was the best in the game, they all answer Winterspring. Then I post something about it like "everyone I asked thinks Winterspring is the best zone," and you start screaming that I can't talk for everyone and I should provide names of these so called people if I am going to talk about what the best Zone is. In this case I would not be trying to speak for everyone, but only speaking of data that I have collected from my sources, nor would I be in anyway obligated to provide you the names of my "sources," especially since that would not be useful information.

On another note to those that are still under the impression that they are taking ToL and all the bonuses with it and that is all that is to it, there have been links to the Blue post in this thread and it is present in the Complied Druid Changes which states that Blizzard is planning on rebalancing druids around being as good at healing in caster form, like all other healers, rather than being balance against other healers in ToL and weaker in caster form.

Quote Originally Posted by Grattz
    Right there is your problem. You seem to be under the misguided belief that "asking people about something" and "reading posts on a forum" are the same thing. I will try to explain this as simply as I can. Asking someone implies direct questioning, which received answers, and in no way implies he is speaking for "everyone" as you claim but only for himself and those that he has asked. It might be that he has asked on a forum but he still asked and they responded, but then again that might not be the case.

There is no reason he should be required to supply the names of these people that for all you know might be his personal circle of friends. That would be like me asking a group of friends which zone was the best in the game, they all answer Winterspring. Then I post something about it like "everyone I asked thinks Winterspring is the best zone," and you start screaming that I can't talk for everyone and I should provide names of these so called people if I am going to talk about what the best Zone is. In this case I would not be trying to speak for everyone, but only speaking of data that I have collected from my sources, nor would I be in anyway obligated to provide you the names of my "sources," especially since that would not be useful information.

On another note to those that are still under the impression that they are taking ToL and all the bonuses with it and that is all that is to it, there have been links to the Blue post in this thread and it is present in the Complied Druid Changes which states that Blizzard is planning on rebalancing druids around being as good at healing in caster form, like all other healers, rather than being balance against other healers in ToL and weaker in caster form.
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by emni
    Polymorph isn't an issue. A quick macro to shift+unshift removes it and isn't that big of a mana loss. The biggest hit to PvP is vulnerability to sap and whatnot.
    I've heard that they're going to make us not able to shift while polymorphed, or at least, not let shapeshifting get rid of the effects, unless you're deep feral.

But, obviously, we don't know much.

Deleted

I love the form and will miss it dearly , but time moves on and I don't see resto druids being dead or over or anything any other silly 4 year old wants to predict. At the end of the day people will still be playing this game and those classes as blizzard have not led us astray yet and I don't think they ever will until THEY want to finish off the game. By then WoW 2 will be released ;-)