Tiny Abomination in a Jar + DW Frost DK

Worth getting or pass? http://www.wowhead.com/item=50351

Assuming the answer is no.

Re: Tiny Abomination in a Jar + DW Frost DK

Depends on what you're using currently. While I can't speak for frost, tiny abom is a very nice way to fill in needed hit for Unholy.

Assuming the hit is used, I believe it falls above greatness and below whispering fanged skull on the trinket tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

10+ Year Old Account

You need to learn to search for stuff.
    In other news, it should be slightly better than the War Token, although I really don't believe you need the hit.

Even if you can use all the hit it's still bad, this trinket would be far more useful in the hands of a paladin, shaman or rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Even if you can use all the hit it's still bad, this trinket would be far more useful in the hands of a paladin, shaman or rogue.
    And that would be because of.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    And that would be because of.... ?
    Every single auto attack gives ret paladins three chances to gain a stack and every single melee ability gives them two. When they hit eight stacks and the proc goes off it will also proc their seal, which can crit for several thousand damage. Deathbringers will isn't great for ret so they don't have many options.

For rogues the trinket is able to proc poisons. That doesn't do as much damage as the seals from a ret paladin but they gain stacks faster so it's still worth it. Rogues would only use deathbringers will as combat and have crit capping issues, this leaves mutilate with tiny abom and war token as their only options anyway.

Shamans also gain stacks very quickly because of the amount of haste they usually have, and the proc can give them stacks of maelstrom weapon. They also have crit happing issues and don't want armour penetration, so they also don't have many options available to them.

When a frost dk procs the trinket all that happens is an instant for a couple of thousand damage. It doesn't proc necrosis or blood caked blade and there are no other mechanics that make the proc good. The hit isn't particularly useful either. Dks also have more options for trinkets than any of the classes I mentioned because while some stats are better than others none of them are terrible.

From a raid leading perspective there is no reason to give the trinket to a dk. It's bis for ret, mutilate and enhancement. I'm not sure about combat but it can't be far off. A dk would replace it as soon as anything as soon as normal deaths choice or anything better drops, the other classes would not. I'm saying this as a dk, the trinket is potentially an upgrade if your current trinkets are horribly outdated but it will almost never be a bigger raid dps increaase to give it to a dk than the specs that it's actually good for.

Every single auto attack gives ret paladins three chances to gain a stack and every single melee ability gives them two. When they hit eight stacks and the proc goes off it will also proc their seal, which can crit for several thousand damage. Deathbringers will isn't great for ret so they don't have many options.

For rogues the trinket is able to proc poisons. That doesn't do as much damage as the seals from a ret paladin but they gain stacks faster so it's still worth it. Rogues would only use deathbringers will as combat and have crit capping issues, this leaves mutilate with tiny abom and war token as their only options anyway.

Shamans also gain stacks very quickly because of the amount of haste they usually have, and the proc can give them stacks of maelstrom weapon. They also have crit happing issues and don't want armour penetration, so they also don't have many options available to them.

When a frost dk procs the trinket all that happens is an instant for a couple of thousand damage. It doesn't proc necrosis or blood caked blade and there are no other mechanics that make the proc good. The hit isn't particularly useful either. Dks also have more options for trinkets than any of the classes I mentioned because while some stats are better than others none of them are terrible.

From a raid leading perspective there is no reason to give the trinket to a dk. It's bis for ret, mutilate and enhancement. I'm not sure about combat but it can't be far off. A dk would replace it as soon as anything as soon as normal deaths choice or anything better drops, the other classes would not. I'm saying this as a dk, the trinket is potentially an upgrade if your current trinkets are horribly outdated but it will almost never be a bigger raid dps increaase to give it to a dk than the specs that it's actually good for.
    Thank you for a thorough explanation without being a douche. Rare nowadays

Agreed, good explanation and didn't refer to the person asking the question in some rude manner. Too bad WoW doesn't have more players that think like this, because new ppl would not feel insulted and actually listen and become better players. It's sad really because at one time or another all of us were new and didn't know that much about the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Whispering Fanged Skull is actually a better option than Tiny Abom for mut rogues, since our poisons cannot build motes. Still not a bad trinket, just not great either.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

No. Get DBW and heroic WFS, prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenray
    Agreed, good explanation and didn't refer to the person asking the question in some rude manner. Too bad WoW doesn't have more players that think like this, because new ppl would not feel insulted and actually listen and become better players. It's sad really because at one time or another all of us were new and didn't know that much about the game.
    I wasn't trying to ask it in a rude manner. I've seen Shiira around for a long time here and I know he knows where he's talking about.
    So that's a reason not to be rude. Also a reason to not write an extremely long question with my own suggestions etc.

Anyway, @ Shiira, thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    I wasn't trying to ask it in a rude manner. I've seen Shiira around for a long time here and I know he knows where he's talking about.
    So that's a reason not to be rude. Also a reason to not write an extremely long question with my own suggestions etc.

Anyway, @ Shiira, thanks
    I am pretty certain that the person you quoted meant that Shiira "didn't answer in a rude manner to the person asking the question," since the way you asked sure didn't seem rude to me.