Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Voice acting bug bears

So legion has brought with it a plethora of more voice acting - which has seen quite a few double ups etc. with characters from some previous expacs.

This is all well and fine and understandable but to me there's still a few really poor pieces of voice acting that just take me out of the game every time.

TYRANDE - jeezus, her voice acting was grating in cata but in valsharah it's just plain awful. That quest where she goes on about watching malfurion sleep. Ugh. No wonder malfurion is all like SILENCE WOMAN.

??? RIVERMANE - don't know the name off the top of my head, but the riverbend Tauren leader in high mountain. Accent sounds forced and it seems like they didn't care enough to do any audio editing to it either.

FIRST BOSS OF VoW - every time I hear him I can't help but yell YOU WERE A TEMPLAR JONDAR! Surely the bloke could've done something to mask his voice or even modify his accent.

So what's your voice acting bug bear?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

I don't really have any that I absolutely hate but the one that annoys me is Havi because they didn't even try to hide the fact that it's Lorewalker Cho's VA. Same for Rakeesh being Garrosh and Arthas's VA.

Deleted
    "An Illusion! What are hiding?!"
    "Something's not quite (long ass pause) ... right."

Drives me crazy for whatever reason.

Giv up da ages or di

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dev'olution View Post
    FIRST BOSS OF VoW - every time I hear him I can't help but yell YOU WERE A TEMPLAR JONDAR! Surely the bloke could've done something to mask his voice or even modify his accent.
    Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one to make that connection... my guild thinks I'm crazy as does my friend who played Diablo.

The Worgen female druid WQ lady in Val'Sharah, I can't recall her name, but every time her voice text box pops up I rip my headset off and close the box as fast as I can. Worgen mode Fem Worgen are bad enough with their Chihuahua faces but someone please at least make their voices not nails on chalkboard.

During leveling I was completely disgusted with a lot of the voice acting and I started fearing that maybe legion might be a step down from wod. Thankfully that was not the case.

Deleted
    Blizzard has terrible VAs

They're very lazy and don't try to vary the voices thus making 100+ characters sounding like 15 characters.

Jale Rivermane annoys me a bit but that's pretty much it.

There was also that female nighborne that introduced us to the wine making quest, but she's dead now so no more whining from her.

Deleted
    Any harpies... just please give me a flamethrower

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Jale Rivermane annoys me a bit but that's pretty much it.

There was also that female nighborne that introduced us to the wine making quest, but she's dead now so no more whining from her.
    I found jales voice hilarious WE MUST GO TO WHITERIVER WASH AT ONCE

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Any harpies... just please give me a flamethrower
    imo I think for harpies it's spot on. They're supposed to be annoying and screeching so it fits.

Deleted
    VotW "Let's see what's behind door number....(demon can't count)"

Legion is the expansion that bestowed upon us the gift of "An illusion! What are you hiding?" and "Something's not quite right..." I love it. I shall never say a bad word about Legion voice acting.

10+ Year Old Account
    God-King Skovald sounds like he had too many hits to the head.

The horde pvp towers where Sylvannas screaches at you. I used to love previous iterations of her voice but the new one is like nails on a chalkboard.

The valajar dude Hati(?) sounds too much like Lorewalker Cho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

The valajar dude Hati(?) sounds too much like Lorewalker Cho.
    Whilst I think the VA that did Cho was brilliant in that role in MoP, having the same guy try to put on a Scandinavian accent and play Havi in Stomrheim was a really bad call.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Whilst I think the VA that did Cho was brilliant in that role in MoP, having the same guy try to put on a Scandinavian accent and play Havi in Stomrheim was a really bad call.
    Talking tree is fun when he tries to spell vampirates

btw 2nd boss in ICC (female lich) has one of best voice actings in Wow imo
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-11-30 at 10:52 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Nythendra sounds like some prepubescent boy trying to suck his own dick

"CONSUMED FROM WITHIN!"
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I just get annoyed that seemingly Odyn has the same voice as the Black Knight from ICC. "My rotting flesh was just getting in the way."
    And he does a few others aswell like the tree.

Also annoying by that Vrykul leader who has the same intonation and voice as Lore Walker Cho. Really? Same intonation as if the Vrykul was a oriental like person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How would you even know how that sounds???
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.