Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Paladin

Wow. That sounds freaking awesome. I don't remember that winged creature, better go look it up.

wow some nice changes for palas Guardian of Ancient Kings especialy,also loving the change that makes might and wisdom stack in the same buff.gz dudes.

10+ Year Old Account

[blizzquote="Nethaera;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24261189717/cataclysm-class-preview-paladin/][b]Guardian of Ancient Kings (level 85):[/b] Summons a temporary guardian that looks like a winged creature of light armed with a sword. The visual is similar to that of the Resurrection spell used by the paladin in Warcraft III. The guardian has a different effect depending on the talent spec of the paladin. For Holy paladins, the guardian heals the most wounded ally in the area. For Protection paladins, the guardian absorbs some incoming damage. For Retribution paladins, it damages an enemy, similar to the death knight Gargoyle or the Nibelung staff. 3-minute cooldown. 30-second duration (this might vary depending on which guardian appears).[/blizzquote"]

HOLY SHIT OMGWTFBBQ!

Me Likes ;D

So....we waited an extra week for that?

Our mastery bonuses are terribly boring.
    Our overall explanation of changes is lackluster.
    No mention of anything the class ACTUALLY needs other than a less effective Wild Growth.

Crusader Strike finally baseline after that long isn't even a plus, it was expected.

Beacon will no longer work with Holy Light.

Must... hurt... Eliminate.... -Rage. A lot of Rage.

ssome nice changes

10+ Year Old Account

Those changes are crap meh, but I will reserve any true judgment until the xpack is out.

Some of the changes are good, some not, new spells are meh. I wanted a distance closer for the stupid dps that don't know how to run towards the tank.

HAHA I knew they were regulating damage . Crusader strike at level 1 ftw.

Guardian of Ancient Kings :O! Owns!

Too bad I'm a dk

Uber.

Holy shock as a core *healing* spell... Will holy shock still have a damage component?

I can clearly see why this preview was being delayed...

Paladins: we want a viable aoe heal and maybe a hot so we can be the more all around healer you talk about.

GC: Well give you a pet and holy nova without the damage, to balance this well nerf beacon and mess around with the coeficients of your heals.

Rets: We want a closer or an interupt

GC: Well give you gargoyle and a cast time Arcane explosion

WTF! Really is it april 1st again. these changes are a slap in the face when they have addressed problems with every other class they seemed to completely ignore what paladins have been asking for since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Blix
    Quote: Holy Shock will be a core healing spell available to all paladins.

Here come the Shockadin nerds.
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija
    when paladin used that spell 6 dead units came back to life , animation was White winged angel with sword coming from sky and with swing of a sword bringing back people to life , its bad ass imo
    Now we just need a matching tier armor set!

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    Paladins: we want a viable aoe heal and maybe a hot so we can be the more all around healer you talk about.

GC: Well give you a pet and holy nova without the damage, to balance this well nerf beacon and mess around with the coeficients of your heals.

Rets: We want a closer or an interupt

GC: Well give you gargoyle and a cast time Arcane explosion

WTF! Really is it april 1st again. these changes are a slap in the face when they have addressed problems with every other class they seemed to completely ignore what paladins have been asking for since vanilla.
    First of all, your name is "the tauren rogue", making all your opinions null and void.

Secondly, Blizzard/GC's job is to provide the changes they think is necessary for the game, as opposed to what the players ask for, which would usually just make their own class ridiculously overpowered.

And where exactly is the so-called "cast time Arcane explosion" mentioned? If you're referring to "Blinding Shield", that requires a shield, and thus will only be viable for Holy and Prot. Also, if you re-read the preview, you'll notice they once again stated that Ret needs more offensive tools, and less defensive ones.

Source:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We feel Retribution paladins need one more mechanic which involves some risk of the player pushing the wrong button, making the rotation a bit less forgiving. In addition, we want to add to this spec more PvP utility. Right now the successes of the Retribution paladin in PvP seem to be reduced to either doing decent burst damage, or just being good at staying alive.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

So... ret gets nothing until 85 (just nerfed with cleanse) or am Im missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker)

Guardian of Ancient Kings (level 85): Summons a temporary guardian that looks like a winged creature of light armed with a sword. The visual is similar to that of the Resurrection spell used by the paladin in Warcraft III. The guardian has a different effect depending on the talent spec of the paladin. For Holy paladins, the guardian heals the most wounded ally in the area. For Protection paladins, the guardian absorbs some incoming damage. For Retribution paladins, it damages an enemy, similar to the death knight Gargoyle or the Nibelung staff. 3-minute cooldown. 30-second duration (this might vary depending on which guardian appears)
    Can someone tell me what this looked like?
    as far as i remember it looked like some kind of yellow tinted tyrael

What if paladin is hybrid specced? (30/30/0 for example) What will the guardian do?

10+ Year Old Account

woot been waiting all morning. Overall im quite pleased with the changes. No bubble removal. hopefully beacon changes end up being good

I do want better mastery though.... i mean more healing when it crits how awesome. Lets get something sweet in there.
    I wonder if this mean healadins will be focusing on crit once again

10+ Year Old Account

tbh i expected smth very OP to come but its not so im happy

its not as bad as ppl will say, personally i dont have a pally but the wisdom+might change is cool and most others are pretty balance nothing OP imo, dont get thought why such a delay ?

What?! They're going to nerf bubble hearth?