Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

to the pseudo "upper-class" gamers

Well, how should i start?

Well, WoW is a game. It means, its some kind of free time activity. It offers challenge, and it offers also entertainment with not much challenge.

Some people seem to think, they are better than others by gaining items or titles or mastering heroic encounters in the game.

Thats true, they are something better than those, who dont manage it...

But only in a game, which is nothing useful for the rest of your life. In a virtual reality. Outside of it, you are equal or even worse than others.

After all, you are just successfull in a virtual world, which wont help you anything in real life. You are just nothing better in rl, you are only a better gamer possibly.

Its as if someone thinks, hes part of an upper class, if hes able to play monopoly very good. You could be the best monopoly player ever, outside of your table you play it, that means nothing. Some kind of pseudo-aristocracy, which is, if you take it to a correct pov, just completely mad.

If you talk on this forum, you talk to people who play this game as well. Some who are good, some who are not that good. But being better in a game does not make you better anywhere. It's just a free time activity which you are better in.

Go get a life instead.

Sometimes i think, the game is a very good place for mentally ill social darwinists, who think anyone would care what they ever achieved in it.

In some years, when wow will be at its end of the lifecycle, and when the last realm will be shut down, theres only one thing left from your pseudo-aristocracy:

Nothing.

Nothing at all. Noone will care about what you did in a virtual world.

So whats left to gain from a game?

Fun.

Fun with friends.

Do you play a role you dislike for a raid spot? Why? Is that fun? Think about it.

Re: to the pseudo "upper-class" gamers

The top players get sponsored and earn money, it's a job. Now, are jobs not quite abstract too? Oh wait, office jobs usually are, shht.
    Think of it as Kasparov probably (I don't know jack about chess) being immensely rich.

10+ Year Old Account

Let me guess. Someone called you bad, and you got mad and decided to make this thread?

15+ Year Old Account

Let people do what they're gonna do.

Arguments and debates are fine, but when it comes to differing opinions on how people spend their time, you come across as a huge jackass on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Minticus
    The top players get sponsored and earn money, it's a job. Now, are jobs not quite abstract too? Oh wait, office jobs usually are, shht.
    Basically this

It helps to determine the better games out there, for me anyway

I've yet to see an e-sport tournament for Guild Wars, CoX, AoC, Aion, Everquest 2, etc.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, like MW2 >
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

It's simple really.

Transfer to a server with a high concentration of top or high ranked guilds, gear up through PUG's or lesser guilds trying to get BiS items, kill the meters, get good, then apply to their guild.

Most are always accepting applications for "exceptional" players.

Deleted

Everyone with better gear than me needs to get a life

Deleted

Think of it as Kasparov probably (I don't know jack about chess) being immensely rich.
    Still they dont need to carry their pseudo-aristocracy to rl. And those who play wow as a job, normaly dont act that unprofessional as like the typical social darwinist, who meters people by gamestyle.

Also there is no WoW-Kasparow. And there never will be one.

10+ Year Old Account

tis nice realising you are lower middle class both in game and irl :P

*crys*

OP, looks like something that, as you say, has nothing to do with reality, has made you cry yourself to sleep every night.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedrool
    Let me guess. Someone called you bad, and you got mad and decided to make this thread?
    No, i am just sick from the arrogance of some social darwinists, which try to project player skill to rl classes.

Its mentally ill, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account

So, life is just a thing that everyone does, its a step up from virtual reality, but according to space and time, it means nothing. Off of this planet, your worthless and pointless to everything and everyone around you. So with this pointless existence of ours, how about we stop comparing ourselves to others, and real to virtual and instead just enjoy what makes us happy

Everyone say thanks to the nice OP for telling you how to live your life. People are so ungrateful.

This thread wins the internets!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasius-
    So, life is just a thing that everyone does, its a step up from virtual reality, but according to space and time, it means nothing. Off of this planet, your worthless and pointless to everything and everyone around you. So with this pointless existence of ours, how about we stop comparing ourselves to others, and real to virtual and instead just enjoy what makes us happy
    This

Oh and about the game being gone, no-one cares about your old car from 50years ago, OP.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    OP, looks like something that, as you say, has nothing to do with reality, has made you cry yourself to sleep every night.
    You dont get it. I am sick about the behaviour of special people who play a game outside of the game.

Have they become assholes because they played the game or had they always been assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by rym
    No, i am just sick from the arrogance of some social darwinists, which try to project player skill to rl classes.

You should stop throwing around terms you don't understand.

Well that didn't make you seem like an overly presumptive douche at all...no no no no no no no.

Professional gaming for FPS games and Starcraft (In Korea) pay well.

However, WoW guilds and top ranked arena teams make chump change, if they even still make money at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rym

And what has meaning in real life? How do you measure "success" in real life? You are playing with obscure and ambiguous concepts here, and you aren't using them right.