Spec resto in order to get incredible gear, really fast?

Is speccing resto the best way to get incredible gear, fast?

Well, is it?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Spec resto in order to get incredible gear, really fast?

Not true :P You can get HC gear and badge gear faster but not raid gear

Quote Originally Posted by Aziak
    Not true :P You can get HC gear and badge gear faster but not raid gear

Well, you're more likely to get a raidspot as resto, then dps. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by klandidno

Well, you're more likely to get a raidspot as resto, then dps. Right?
    Much faster, but good luck convincing your new guild to let you raid as DPS once you get that "incredible gear"
    "It is, in the end, whatever the hell I want it to be. And when I'm through with it it's going to blow a hole this wide straight through the world's own idea of itself... They're throwing bottles at your house. Come on. Let's go break their arms."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

DPS shaman seem to be the most replaceable dps and/or buffs in the game atm. Resto will typically always have a slot, so any mail with spell power is pretty much yours. MP5 on gear is usually designated to resto, as hit goes to elemental. If it has neither, it can go to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggs
    Much faster, but good luck convincing your new guild to let you raid as DPS once you get that "incredible gear"
    Well i don't really care what i raid as, i just want to be able to gear up really fast and have a spot on every new enemy (including getting mount achievements.)

So is resto my best shot at this?

That's what I did, I was Resto from the beginning of TBC up until ICC came out and went Ele, got a few raid spots but people loved it that I had a great DPS set as well as a really good Resto Set. If you can get both bases down you're invaluable because a lot of encounters don't require so many healers, nothing better than a hybrid! :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Keep in mind that Elemental and Resto will roll on the same gear in Cata, which means less gear swapping/choices.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

RNG,

Can be your friend, or your enemy.

what the shit is the logic ITT

15+ Year Old Account

Healer = Things 3x faster (gear, invites, etc).

Although u must be good at healing
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted

Resto Shamans want: crit/haste and haste/mp5 cloth, crit/haste leather, crit/haste and haste/mp5 mail. They do NOT want gear with hit on it, and preferably not gear with crit/mp5 on it.

Elemental Shamans want cloth, leather and mail with crit/haste or hit/haste on it, ideally. Crit/hit if not. They do NOT want gear with Mp5 especially late game.

Enhancement Shamans want Mail, all stats desired EXCEPT ArP. Crit + ArP = rofl

So yes, Resto Shamans have the most gear options.

This is kind of how I stumbled upon healing.

I played a warrior and hunter through Vanilla, shortly after TBC hit my guild fell apart. I stopped playing WoW for a while and decided to reroll a shaman when I came back.

There were a bunch of casual type guilds in need of healers so I joined one and started healing raids. I soon realized I was pretty damn good at it and moved up to more hardcore type guilds, and I've been healing ever since. My intention was never gear though, nor did I have some secret plan to switch to DPS later on, I just wanted to raid and healing seemed to be the fastest way into said raids.

I will say this, healing isn't for everyone, maybe try healing some PUG raids or something to see if you like it.

Never had a problem finding pug raids as enhance, but my server is very crowded and has lots of pugs, so ymmv.

All pugged: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krock&cn=Scraz

Unfortunately I've never seen a WFS drop :\

Most high-end guilds, such as mine, use the logic that gear is best placed on Tanks and Pure DPS first to help kill encounters. Hybrid DPS is secondary, healers get scraps no one else needs or gear specifically designed for them. In my experience healers don't need to be in BiS gear to kill cutting edge content as long as they are good players, while DPS and especially Tanks do.