Thread: rogue 3s comp

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

rogue 3s comp

just wanted peoples opinion on whats the best 3s comp involving a rogue.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Re: rogue 3s comp

Rogue, Mage and Priest.
    Also known as RMP.
    Im a warlock. Not been nerfed for two patches. Its going well.

In my opinion both als and rg/shadow/shaman are stronger
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account

Rogue, [insert random healer], [insert random dps]

Pretty much everything works, rogue gives control, Healing debuff and loads of damage.

Rogue,Lock,rShaman
    Rogue,Mage,dPriest
    Rogue,sPriest,rShaman
    Rogue,Ret,dPriest

I'd go with any of those if i had a rogue :3

Deleted

Any comp will work with Rogues, they take so little skill you could carry 2 players without much effort.

Rogue - Warlock - Shaman
    Rogue - Shadow Priest - Shaman
    Rogue - Mage - Priest

Those are the teams that would suit you best in Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    Any comp will work with Rogues, they take so little skill you could carry 2 players without much effort.
    you sir are an idiot...

To reply to your post, it depends on your skill.

Ret/rogue/disc is pretty mindless zerg

RMP is skill, basically need to sleep with your mage to set up CC trains force trinket and control map

RLS/Heroic RLS -> with a lock its skill/control map zerg healer. Spriest (heroic)->Zerg heals blind/fear dps pretty faceroll.

I'd go heroic RLS, my personal fav this season. (have priest stack haste and SPAM dat DP)

Most worse post in this thread.

RLS (rogue Lock shaman) works well, UA or destro, however i feel UA has more utility and its burst potential can be just as strong if played right. Dispel immolate and a destro is boned.

Rogue Shadpriest Shaman, another viable comp, dual stuns and disarms = dead warrior/hunter pretty quick, as well as dispels from the shaman priest lets you bone a mage in a matter of seconds. etc.

Rogue Mage Priest, This team is by far the strongest, IF HOWEVER you can execute it properly, it takes mean skill and coordination to get it down, once you do, you are going to soar!

Rogue Ret <healer> is another painful comp, its pretty much faceroll, sprint, sap off 1 person and open on another STRAIGHT AWAY, paladin pops all burst skill, rogue pops his, repentance on the other player, followed by a blind and you win. pretty much faceroll. Even at high rating its painful, i'm playing at 2100 MMR in 5's, or 2100-2300 mmr in 3's and rogue ret discpriest bones my shatterplay comp, they are able to zerg my mage down (but they prefer to cc him off with repent blind saps fears etc to stop him from polying). and zerg my shadowpriest before he can pop dispersion, or they can zerg me (the shaman) down in 1 hammer or kidney.

Rogue Destro Druid also works well, 3 different CCs that don't share DR (blind, fear, sap, cyclone) though a rogues cc isn't spammable it is a game breaker.

Theres a 2x Rogue warlock combo, not sure how they play but i assume its a straight zerg.

Just some comps and info for you

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity

Rogue Destro Druid also works well, 3 different CCs that don't share DR (blind, fear, sap, cyclone) though a rogues cc isn't spammable it is a game breaker.
    Fear shares DR with blind. And playing mutilate/destro requires you to cc 2 targets while your whole team is free combined with perfect burst. And against 2.2k+ rated teams, that won't happen. If you really want to play RLD, go affliction and muti/shs.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    Fear shares DR with blind. And playing mutilate/destro requires you to cc 2 targets while your whole team is free combined with perfect burst. And against 2.2k+ rated teams, that won't happen. If you really want to play RLD, go affliction and muti/shs.
    Oh it does? I didn't know, all i know destro locks who have a succubus can't fear people who are seduced before since it shares DR.

However, getting a perfect burst isn't too difficult as destro/mut rogue and druid.

Wait for the DR while doing sustainable dps and some control (IE : Fear the switch-kill target) and just lay on the secondary kill target, when DRs are gone, call for a switch so druid can probably entangle kill target down, or right before you're planning to switch, druid cyclones kill target to keep him in position, warlock shadowfurys the kill target, druid switches to cyclone someone else, warlock fears secondary kill target and rogue opens up on the primary kill target.

From there on, you don't need perfect burst, just have cyclones rolling x3 on 1 guy, fear x3 on one, rogue can throw blind on cycloned target after, and druid can swap cyc to the feared guy, kill target can be feared and dps'd at same time.

With a locks burst potential coupled with wound + stuns, shit dies really quick.

You have 2 rotate-able CC -> Fear + Cyc (and to a lesser extent entangling roots)

Please GTFO. RMP is probably the best comp to run.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Onyxia&cn=Septer