Poll: Do you use totems on every pack?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shamans, 5man dungeons and totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    And what it really means is that you don't know how/when to use Shamanistic Rage.
    A lower level enhance shaman can blow through their mana pool in about 45 seconds. Since SR has a 1 min CD, your theory is a little flawed.

Deleted

I drop them just about every pull. I don't care if you say this is unnecessary I like my WF crits. You can place totems in a spare gcd anyways as you run in.

Honestly, there's no excuse to not drop totems on trash anymore now that you can drop all 4 at once. In BC/vanilla I'd understand since it took 4 globals to get them down and admit that as resto I never dropped them except on bosses, but now really there's no excuse.

Deleted

if it wasn't fore searing, I wouldn't drop any in raids.

It honestly just depends on how lazy i am at the moment.

I only drop magma totem on AoE packs, and the whole lot on bosses.

Cant be arsed to drop something you gotta remove in 5-6 seconds anyway, waste of GCD's :P

If you're a Shaman and you don't drop totems on every single pull, I hate your guts and I hope you die.

I drop totems before I kill critters.

That's the whole thing about running 5 mans, you can be as involved or uninvolved as you please as a shaman.

If you're healing, just keep people up. If you get bored, help interrupt.
    If you're dps, just help wreck.

When I played shaman (ele) I'd drop totems for boss only. everything else went down so fast.
    "Got my teacup here, now all I need is a tea bag"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emperor/simple

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

As either resto or elemental, I only drop them if combat lasts for over 15 seconds, or if I don't to reposition totems for the next pack cause they are still in range. This is very rare on trash pulls. VH is a good example of dropping totems and leaving them. I'll come back to them within two waves or so.

I don't need maximum spell power and buffs for heroics. My healing and dps are both high enough to deal without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    So im leveling my shaman(63 enhancement atm) and well, I kinda want to know if you guys use your totems on every pack pulled.

Also, how do you feel about that? And why hasnt a spell to move totems been implantet yet? Summon, and the recalling them is starting to annoy me.

Have the totem mechanic gotten old?
    You use to have to drop each totem individually, the new mechanic is 1000x better then it use to be. And no, I don't, only if the pack fears, generally its just a magma totem on trash.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by drulz
    If you're a Shaman and you don't drop totems on every single pull, I hate your guts and I hope you die.

I drop totems before I kill critters.
    Slightly excessive, don't you think? You might as well say "I spec resto and change out all my gear before I top myself off".

Certain totems, yeah. Keeping my ToW glyph buff up, Tremor Totem on packs that fear, Grounding when I get bored, Mana Tide if other people are low on mana, whatever. All four totems on every single pull is straight up retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by drulz
    +1. Also after having levelled my first 80 alliance recently i can confirm that alliance are certainly more guilty of this than horde in my battle group.

Even more annoying is dropping just mana spring every pull - for the same number of button presses you could of buffed everyones dps and we could of finished this instance even quicker!

15+ Year Old Account

yeah, 4 set totems is bosses only in 5 mans. why on earth do you need that stuff on trash? you don't need it for the bosses either, really. i think GC touched on this when he was talking about fish feasts.

you don't need the feasts, but everyone is going to eat them if they can.

it depends on the gear level of the group, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Slightly excessive, don't you think? You might as well say "I spec resto and change out all my gear before I top myself off".
    No, I don't think so. This whole topic reeks of poorly played Shamans.

I don't drop it -all- the time but most, yes.
    I'm resto and over-gear heroics so.. there's not much else to do.
    Make sure Earth Shield is up, Riptide/LHW when heals are needed,
    drop totems, DPS when mobs don't die in 5 seconds, and jump around in between.

&Place them relatively close to the next pull or ten
    so that you don't have to keep dropping them.
    Every little bit helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

Yeah, I use my totem set on every pull as Resto / Elemental...why not?...mana is not a problem at all.

If you use it only occasionally, in my eyes its the same sin as people with full ICC10+ gear slacking and doing like ~2000 DPS on trash packs or just following us and pulling out ~8K DPS on boss fights...lazy bastards.

I used to try to drop totems pretty often when I first hit 80 on my Shaman, but then again, this was pretty near the beginning of Wrath, so most people weren't too geared. I would say only really bother if the whole group is having trouble, but 9 times out of 10 it won't be necessary. I only drop em on bosses now, and sometimes not even bosses. (Of course there's certain trash I drop it for, i.e. the shitty mobs on the hill in Pit of Saron.) Because odds are, with a solid group, the packs of mobs won't be alive long enough for your totems to make a hugely noticeable difference.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

As resto, I drop only the obligatory totems, I.E: Tremor on fearing packs, cleansing on poison packs, sometimes magama to AoE. Other than that I hold my totems till the boss. I see no reason to waste 1k mana every 10~15 seconds when we move practically as fast without them.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by JSeilaS
    I don't drop it -all- the time but most, yes.
    I'm resto and over-gear heroics so.. there's not much else to do.
    Yea, you usually get some fresh level 80 somewhere who could do with the buffs, or at least in my case anyway.

I more put them down out of habit though, really.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Elemental or Resto would go OOM very fast if they would drop four totems for every pack. Magma Totem would kill Ele's mana even faster. I think Enhancement could have a bit easier here due to mana regen skill.

I personally drop totems if there are few groups of thrash than we will fight in the same spot or if we need something like Tremor Totem.

As for leveling..... I think you can put from time to time few totems, not all 4 of them, if you really wish too.
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand