Bear - Where to go from here gear wise?

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...oon&name=Oomer

I've tanked most of icc10 now, and I'm just lost as of where to go next with my gear. I've got the saronites for the boots, so I'll get those made today. I've got 120 or so frost badges saved up.

I'm just not sure where to go next in terms of my gear. Everything that's dropped has been dps leather pretty much so far in icc10.

Should I work towards the 4 piece t10? Buy the badge belt?

Re: Bear - Where to go from here gear wise?

Absolutely go for t10 4 piece. The bonus is incredibly good. If I was you I'd get the last couple of pieces then buy idol and cloak.

First thing to do is get your tanking ring from the Ashen Verdict to replace Mark of the Relentless. You should have done enough ICC by now to be at revered at least so that will be a nice upgrade for no cost.

The crafted boots and the badge belt are massive upgrades over the ones that you're wearing. I'd suggest grab them both as you won't be getting a further upgrade for either for a while.

Other things you may think about getting....

Look for a cheap Sack of Wonder (from 25-Gunship) on the AH...I got mine for about 8k which I was happy with.....Great bear tanking chest piece

The badge cloak is also a fantastic upgrade which you wont see replaced for a while.

Other than that the t10 headpiece can be nice to get but isn't as big an upgrade as the other things mentioned. Hold out for some lucky VoA drops too to get the t10 hands for the 4 set bonus

Thanks, I'll look for a sack, had forgotten about that one.

I think I'm going to shoot for 4 piece t10, the cooldown just looks so nice.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMocking
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...oon&name=Oomer

I've tanked most of icc10 now, and I'm just lost as of where to go next with my gear. I've got the saronites for the boots, so I'll get those made today. I've got 120 or so frost badges saved up.

I'm just not sure where to go next in terms of my gear. Everything that's dropped has been dps leather pretty much so far in icc10.

Should I work towards the 4 piece t10? Buy the badge belt?
    headpiece: grind for tier 10
    neck: heroic jax drops a good tank neck with expertise if you need. There's a neck piece off 25 rotface if you dont need hit. If you need hit then there's a better option from 25 VDW.
    shoulder: tier 10
    chest: Get the LW chest piece for the hit. Otherwise go for the sack of wonder if it drops or if you can afford it.
    belt: badge vendor belt
    pants: tier 10
    boots: the LW icc crafted boots
    braders: Only upgrades for these slots come from 10icc sindragosa or 25 saurfang.
    gloves: tier 10
    ring: ashen exalted ring
    ring2: in 25icc there's a BoE drop tank ring that's amazing. Other options are from 10icc gunship
    cloak: badge vendor cloak
    weapon: you got 10icc rotface, 10icc LK, 25 Rotface/fester and or blood queen on 25icc for weapon upgrades.
    idol: I use the badge vendor idol.

If I were playing your toon id upgrade the belt first. It sucks. After that id finish grinding for tier 10. Spend your emblems for the tier 10 head/shoulders and try and hold out as long as you can for the 264/251 gloves & legs from voa.

You've ran lots of ICC so where is your ashen ring ? Was it being used for an offspec that's no longer your main spec ? Got to fix this.

Also you're gemming is really crappy, no offense. I don't know why so many people feel the need to gem for every socket bonus. If the socket bonus doesnt come with a +9 stat modifier then its not worth the damn time or money to gem for it.

Read the bear guide at the top of this forum too. A lot of the stuff mentioned here can be easily found in the guide too

Are you only doing ICC 10 or do you have plans for ICC 25 as well? The problem is that most of the leather gear that drops in ICC 10 is for cats/rogues, and is not very well prioritized for bears. If you are not planning on moving up to ICC 25 you may want to hold off on the T10 4 piece and try to get the 264 cloak, chest, belt, hands, trinket and idol. The badge chest would be assuming that you don't have access to Ikfirus' Sack of Wonder. You don't need the cooldown from Enrage in normal 10 man and the stats that you get from having 264 gear (as opposed to 251 tier) would probably be more beneficial.

If, however, you are planning on going into 25 man content then absolutely get the T10 4 piece first.

Quote Originally Posted by rated

Also you're gemming is really crappy, no offense. I don't know why so many people feel the need to gem for every socket bonus. If the socket bonus doesnt come with a +9 stat modifier then its not worth the damn time or money to gem for it.
    I'd disagree. A red socket that would give an agi or stam bonus is almost always worth a shifting dreadstone imo.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FOZZIEBEAR
    I'd disagree. A red socket that would give an agi or stam bonus is almost always worth a shifting dreadstone imo.
    That extra +4 agility wont help you for much.

Quote Originally Posted by rated
    That extra +4 agility wont help you for much.
    I'd prefer 14 agi and 15 stam over straight 30 stam unless I was really hurting for HP