Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pvp changes do we need resilience? (In Cataclysm)

Well as everyone else I am really excited about cataclysm. Personally I would like resilience removed from the game and replaced with something else.
    My thoughts are that if you remove resilence from pvp gear and replace it with 10% more hp and mastry buffs that gives a litte more survival/ higher dmg it would make up for the resilience and if blizzard would change pve gear to be less nuke and more sustained dps it would work better in pve and usable in pvp.

Something I would like to add is that if the mastry talents stack with mastry on gear it can be a option for blizzard to make it so that if you have Xa mastry you would reduce your gbc for 0.3sec that would be really helpful in pvp, and if you only gained Xb mastry from pve gear that would provide something like longer dots or something that wouldnt effect the pvp world to much.
    That is just one of many ways blizz can change thing. Didnt put to much effort when i thought about this part, but I guess you get the idea.

Well that is my idea for resilience what do other people think?
    I would like to se pve gear more usable in pvp without using the 3 sec nuke rule, but again less usefull than pvp gear ofc.
    Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, my english is not the best.

Deleted

Re: Pvp changes do we need resilience?

YES YES YES GOD YES

We need resilience

I dont think it should go I think it should be just made less effective. Like in BGs I see healers & some people just ignoring players attacking them because dispite all the other persons gear, there resilience just mkes them hit bugger all. This shouldnt be the case. Good suggestion though

Quote Originally Posted by Fogsworth
    I dont think it should go I think it should be just made less effective. Like in BGs I see healers & some people just ignoring players attacking them because dispite all the other persons gear, there resilience just mkes them hit bugger all. This shouldnt be the case. Good suggestion though
    Well yeah that could also work if they made resilience less needed. Probably easier also xD

remove resilience, reduce rogue damage/stuns by 50%.

Hoo hoo hoo hoo
    “If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.”

Henny Youngman

I agree 110% it's becoming out of hand nowadays with the healers tanking 2dps teams because they can just roll hots and spam the shit out of themselves. I like ur idea but tbh I don't think they will get rid of it. Too much QQ for ghostcrawler to handle.

Deleted

With incoming changes to stamina and healing, resilience should be drastically changed or removed.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fogsworth
    I dont think it should go I think it should be just made less effective. Like in BGs I see healers & some people just ignoring players attacking them because dispite all the other persons gear, there resilience just mkes them hit bugger all. This shouldnt be the case.
    Resto druids don't always bother to even go to treeform, just to annoy people who can't interrupt or don't have MS effects. That's ridiculous. As suggested before, Blizz should add a debuff to resilience to make it reduce healing done or taken, instead of this retarded -10% general nerf to ALL healing in BG's/Wintergrasp. See how many times the words "choice" and "decision" appear when they try to explain why they nerf or buff abilities to make game more interesting. Well, here would be a spot for VERY interesting choices and decisions.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    Resto druids don't always bother to even go to treeform, just to annoy people who can't interrupt or don't have MS effects. That's ridiculous. As suggested before, Blizz should add a debuff to resilience to make it reduce healing done or taken, instead of this retarded -10% general nerf to ALL healing in BG's/Wintergrasp. See how many times the words "choice" and "decision" appear when they try to explain why they nerf or buff abilities to make game more interesting. Well, here would be a spot for VERY interesting choices and decisions.
    The point of increasing survivability while decreasing it in the same stat is..... nothing! It almost sounds like your want resilience removed, but a stat not to be added in its place on pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    This would indeed make resilience more intresting and a player would then need to think if they would need the healing or the dmg reduction, but then what about dubble dps teams? It wouldnt affect them at all, but this might be the balance we need. Well it would be hard to say how resilience will have an effect on anything before the beta comes out. Lets say if you stack to much resilience then the number of dmg reduction will be lower then the healing reduced or that healing reduced could go up to 15% maximum and dmg reduction to 30%, would be stupid though. Personally I would still like my original idè :P

Quote Originally Posted by balroc
    remove resilience, reduce rogue damage/stuns by 50%.

Hoo hoo hoo hoo
    Really?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Don't you think people die fast enough WITH res? now you want to remove it so we all die in 2 shots? PVP in TBC was fun and it felt balanced, in WOTLK it is pure shit so the last thing it needs is to be made even worse, we don't need to remove res we need to buff it, because the ONLY people that benefit from res are healers and clothies, the rest of the classes get instagibbed.

I'd like to see the back of fear and sheep, they are such pathetic skills that fuck PVP right up, how can you be running away feared with 10 horde ripping you a new one and you keep on running? yet when I touch someone I blind it breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto
    Don't you think people die fast enough WITH res? now you want to remove it so we all die in 2 shots? PVP in TBC was fun and it felt balanced, in WOTLK it is pure shit so the last thing it needs is to be made even worse, we don't need to remove res we need to buff it, because the ONLY people that benefit from res are healers and clothies, the rest of the classes get instagibbed.

I'd like to see the back of fear and sheep, they are such pathetic skills that fuck PVP right up, how can you be running away feared with 10 horde ripping you a new one and you keep on running? yet when I touch someone I blind it breaks?
    ehm if you havnt noticed Blizzard will reduce the burst in cataclysm and thats what I am talking about not now.

yes we do :P i get that its sometimes kinda frustrating to meet resto druids in 2's that just sit and tree and survive youre full nuke while dancing around hotting themself , buuut tbh thats actually a good thing beacuse the main focus in arena is still 3vs3 , dmg in wotlk is still way to high most combs these days are still based on 1 shotting people aka all castercleaves tsg beastcleave even rls with lust got some insane burst dmg , you say make pve gear more viable , yeh sure aslong they dont make those insanely overpowerd trinkets that change the whole game , ever fought double human dispellcleave with 2 x solace .. you just cant go oom anymore same story with the whole '' warriors do insame dmg thingy '' is based on pve gear without arp warrior dmg really isnt even that high on most other classes , in cata there changing the health pools and dmg so then they might look at resil changes but for todays standards you just cant remove it :P

PVP in TBC was fun and it felt balanced
    Not even close!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Theonebank

ehm if you havnt noticed Blizzard will reduce the burst in cataclysm and thats what I am talking about not now.
    They're also reducing mana regen, resil will matter more, because without it, the healers on melee classes will go OOM long before the healers for the ranged dps.
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by skullie
    yes we do :P i get that its sometimes kinda frustrating to meet resto druids in 2's that just sit and tree and survive youre full nuke while dancing around hotting themself , buuut tbh thats actually a good thing beacuse the main focus in arena is still 3vs3 , dmg in wotlk is still way to high most combs these days are still based on 1 shotting people aka all castercleaves tsg beastcleave even rls with lust got some insane burst dmg , you say make pve gear more viable , yeh sure aslong they dont make those insanely overpowerd trinkets that change the whole game , ever fought double human dispellcleave with 2 x solace .. you just cant go oom anymore same story with the whole '' warriors do insame dmg thingy '' is based on pve gear without arp warrior dmg really isnt even that high on most other classes , in cata there changing the health pools and dmg so then they might look at resil changes but for todays standards you just cant remove it :P
    I do agree that the dmg is very unbalanced right now but I think it is because the ilvl of items are just off the charts and makes resilience an very important stat something they could fix in cata.

Re: Pvp changes do we need resilience? (In Cataclysm)

I'd love for pvp gear to be separate from pve gear. Being better than someone in pve shouldn't give you an advantage in pvp.

Note: That doesn't mean pvp gear needs resilience, it just needs to be better for pvp.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pvp changes do we need resilience? (In Cataclysm)

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    I'd love for pvp gear to be separate from pve gear. Being better than someone in pve shouldn't give you an advantage in pvp.

Note: That doesn't mean pvp gear needs resilience, it just needs to be better for pvp.
    Ok what would you suggest the extra stat allocation goto then? haste hit crit makes it pve gear.
    Stam has mixed benefits, yes you live longer, but healing melee will oom you faster than healing ranged.

sheep also breaks on damage, that said, i like resilience. I'm sorry but you're pve epics from the top tier raid should count for not in pvp. In 2s, double dps teams should have to use their full arsenal in order to CC/stun/silence whatever they can in order to win. You shouldnt be just smashing buttons and expecting a healer with 28k health and 1250 resil to drop and kiss your feet, and if you're going in with full T10, and only the 153 resil trinket you got from the honor from WG weeklies, you should get 2 shotted by a mage in between him sheeping your partner.

The only problem i really see with fear, is that warlocks have 2-3, and none of them share DRs with anything...Dont remove the abilities, just put them on DRs. Same thing with rogue stuns, shared diminishing returns, not remove the abilities all together.

If you're tired of being twoshot in arenas, get more pvp gear (and no 600 resil is not alot). And if 10 players are after you in a BG, you're screwed whether your feared or not.