Poll: What do you guys think is easier/better to heal with?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do u guys reckon si better for raid healing?

As title says: What do you guys think is easier/better to heal with? Give Reasons please!

I personally prefer Grid + Clique for ease and customization!

EDIT: added mouse over macros
    My Sister: "i want to make a Gnome, they look cute"
    Me: "If small things are cute, why don't Asians have girlfriends?"
    My Sister: -.-
    Me: =D

Re: What do u guys reckon si better for raid healing?

Were is the "Mouse over macro" option? Thats how I do it... but thats only off specc ofc.

When I'm healing on my disc priest im using GRID and Mouse over macros ^^
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishixaph
    This

same here.

J.

grid + clique + mouse over macros
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    yarrr

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    This, PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S PW:S, pretty boxes.

Always been a bit curious about Clique but not bothered as I don't feel it's necessary. Make every one of your healing spells a mouse over macro, bind them, and grid near the middle of your screen, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Always been a bit curious about Clique but not bothered as I don't feel it's necessary. Make every one of your healing spells a mouse over macro, bind them, and grid near the middle of your screen, easy.
    Probably the first lesson any new healer should learn

grid and only grid.

the problem i have w/ clique or other mouse over macros is that it cripples your ability to use your mouse to a certain extent. if say your healing a main target that is taking a ton of damage, your unable to heal them unless your mouse cursor is over their raid frame or character.

heres an example as to how mouse over macros could be bad: i play as a resto druid, now say im in charge w/ healing the tank, but oh crap, i have to move to the other side of the boss room to avoid this blue stuff, while im using my mouse to maneuver my character thru hazards, i am unable to hot up the tank due to the fact that my cursor is not hovering over the tanks frame. all it takes is that 1-2 second window and an unlucky tank to die.

if you didnt have every single healing ability bound to a mouse over macro, you'd be able to select your tank, and spam your instant cast heals and hots to make sure hes still being healed while your mouse is helping you steer your toon out of harms way. (assuming you dont use A and D).

now if you only bind your most used spell to a mouse over macro, and bind it to a button like your mousewheel that you can simply spam over the raid frames (which should be centered on your screen just below your own character), thats another thing. for druids, it would be rejuv; priests it would be their shield if their disc, etc.

healbot is just a joke. i've never used it. i've seen screenshots from people trying to defend it. from what they tell me, it tells you who to heal and shows their raid frame among about 4 others in a small window... wheres the fun in that? thats like playin a whack-a-mole mini game when healing itself already feels like a mini game on its own, with all 5 raid groups displaying.

i only speak from experience, i do play a resto druid, and every time a resto druid has joined the raid that uses a bazillion healing addons and that out gears me ends up only being able to do about <60% of what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrik
    Probably the first lesson any new healer should learn
    So what makes clique make you a better healer? To me it is just a different way to bind your keys. It doesn't better your reaction time. I don't feel I need to learn that lesson at all. It simply isn't necessary but if you feel you 'need' to use Clique then go for it, not stopping you,

Quote Originally Posted by [iTG
    the problem i have w/ clique or other mouse over macros is that it cripples your ability to use your mouse to a certain extent. if say your healing a main target that is taking a ton of damage, your unable to heal them unless your mouse cursor is over their raid frame or character.
    No, a mouseover macro means that if you are not mousing over any particular player, if you have that person targeted you don't need your cursor over their box to heal them. If I had my cursor in the corner somewhere and target the tank for the whole fight, with target of target to see the boss, my heal will heal my target.

You're clearly not writing the macros correctly. But it's irrelevant, my RL is a druid and uses Clique simply because battle res/innervate don't work in mouseovers. So yea I can understand why you don't use it.

heal bot with mt druids, 2 click spam ftw
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Mouseover macros definitely. Clique is not needed.

10+ Year Old Account

i like vuhdo alot better then healbot,

Quote Originally Posted by [iTG
    Owlcapwn ]
    grid and only grid.

heres an example as to how mouse over macros could be bad: i play as a resto druid, now say im in charge w/ healing the tank, but oh crap, i have to move to the other side of the boss room to avoid this blue stuff, while im using my mouse to maneuver my character thru hazards, i am unable to hot up the tank due to the fact that my cursor is not hovering over the tanks frame. all it takes is that 1-2 second window and an unlucky tank to die.

if you didnt have every single healing ability bound to a mouse over macro, you'd be able to select your tank, and spam your instant cast heals and hots to make sure hes still being healed while your mouse is helping you steer your toon out of harms way. (assuming you dont use A and D).

now if you only bind your most used spell to a mouse over macro, and bind it to a button like your mousewheel that you can simply spam over the raid frames (which should be centered on your screen just below your own character), thats another thing. for druids, it would be rejuv; priests it would be their shield if their disc, etc.

healbot is just a joke. i've never used it. i've seen screenshots from people trying to defend it. from what they tell me, it tells you who to heal and shows their raid frame among about 4 others in a small window... wheres the fun in that? thats like playin a whack-a-mole mini game when healing itself already feels like a mini game on its own, with all 5 raid groups displaying.

i only speak from experience, i do play a resto druid, and every time a resto druid has joined the raid that uses a bazillion healing addons and that out gears me ends up only being able to do about <60% of what i do.

You know that you can write the macro so if you have no mouseover you heal your target ?

vuhdo works best for me.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Davlar
    You know that you can write the macro so if you have no mouseover you heal your target ?
    I use grid+mouse-over macros as well for my shaman's resto os. And If I'm ever worried that I may inadvertently have a mouse-over target while trying to heal my current target, I just hold down right click; mouse disappears and problem solved.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

GRID and Mouse over macros ^^