Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Effective healing?

Do you tend to go OOM in a boss fight?

Do people die in boss encounters?

Do tanks die? (I know, Druids aren't usualy tank healers, but I always throw a regrowth+rejuv on tanks when I don't have anything to do)

if nothing of the above happends, congratz, you're doing your job properly

If you were top HPS, you didn't go OOM, and no one died, you did a good job.

Most top end druids use innervate on themselves on most fights, just because... that's the best way to push out more hps and keep people from dying. Every healer has cooldowns to use to give them mana.

10+ Year Old Account

The 1st number, 1,241,042 if your effective healing.
    If you look at raw healing, and minus the overhealing, it equals that number.

Meaning, you are highest overheal, but also highest effective heal. So, if they are complaining they need to learn how healing works in raids.

If they are complaining they really need to relook at what they are complaining about, overhealing is something you can never really control as a druid, When you full out hot a raid and the damage spikes i can garentee a shammys gunna over ride your hot with the full heal meaning the damage you was healing has gone...Most of the time when you have a rejuv on a target on any of them fights they will be at full health most of the time, it doesnt mean to say your not healing or your doing your job wrong, it means on fights like that the raid doesn't take a continuing about of damage meaning your hots are useless(no damage = you over heal)

like the others have said the only time they actually need to worry is if people are dieing or you've gone oom.

Out of Curiosity who (what class/spec) is telling you, you are doing a bad job?...if its another healer or your healing CL point them in the direction of these forums, i suggest they need to do a bit of research...

Druids always overheal. Its just what they do.

If you want effeciency, roll Resto Shaman. You'll do 20% overheal, even when you're spamming Chain Heal like a maniac.

From your story, I would recommend looking deeper into your mana issues. It sounds like your officers are lacking some class synergy knowledge.

I recommend checking your buffs. Make sure you are getting wisdom, or at least be sure mana tide is being dropped. The mp5 from these can definatly make the difference. From my experience it is a lot easier to go OOM in 10 mans, so I wouldn't judge myself on it.

Silly RL imo.

Telling a healer they do too much overhealing is like telling a DPS'er they don't do enough dmg on trash.

Each healer has a niche, diversify your healers to smooth out dmg for the encounter. Each encounter is different. How about Blood Queen or Sinny? Do they complain to you on those fights?

Deleted

If people don't die in an encounter healers did a good job. If u wiped because of healing you could think about it.

Even still, druids can't never go OOM with replenisment and proper buffs. Every 10 or 25 raid should have atleast 2 reples.

If you're going oom with some good gear then u dont: 1) have buffs 2) No reple 3) Wrong skills used 4) Wrong spec. In a single encounter reple gives u around 10k mana in the fight + mp5 + innervate etc.

Druids can't oom if using right spells with Revitalize in spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar
    *cough* Do you go OOM? If yes, you overheal too much. If not, who cares how much you overheal?
    This is close to the truth. Does anyone die? If so why were you at 60% overhealing while other people were dying? If not, and if you aren't going OOM, then no one should care how much you overheal.

The fact is that as a druid I bounce between 40% and 70% overhealing because our role as a healer is to blanket our assigned targets with HoTs meaning that most of our healing is going to be overhealing unless the fight is specifically designed such that everyone will be taking damage at all times. If one of my assigned targets dies then I did not do my job by reacting with a quick Nourish or Swiftmend. Otherwise I just keep HoTs rolling on the people I'm supposed to heal and if they all have HoTs and aren't in danger of dying I can throw HoTs on the tanks as well or perhaps a Nourish on another raid member that is taking heavy damage. Overhealing means nothing without context. If you are at 20% overhealing and your 5 healing targets all died before a wipe was called then you are doing something wrong. If you are at 60% overhealing and all your targets lived through the encounter then no one should care.