Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: AVR, Blue posts, MMO Report

Ban the addon? Given the current trend of dumbing down the game further with every patch, it's far more likely Blizzard will create their own version and incorporate it into the regular client at some point.

Why all the commotion about this mod? Is a big blue glyph of a patch of lightning really that much harder to see on the ground? I mean, red circles will probably be a bit easier to see, but for a skilled raider, this mod doesn't really add anything to make the game easier, and bad raiders will still stand in red circles. If they can ignore DBM screaming at them while they get a 20 stack of Instability, they can certainly stand in red circles.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunar
    It is when you run with 20fps in raids.. ;-)
    It takes you from 20 to 19 imagine every single addon doing that, jesus christ people I was only listing the small amount of bad aspects to this addon's design, L2take things in perspective
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

I think this addon should be disabled and/or banned. If it were a tool to use to tell people where to stand without aggroing the boss and when in combat you shouldn't be able to use it, now THAT would indeed be nice.

BUT!
    Behold a new tool to increase elitism!
    Why? Becouse now there is a easier way of learning bossfights then ever before, and this isn't a Blizzard standard addon, which means people (like my self) who will NEVER use this addon will learn the bosses slower (this doesn't mean I'm a bad player, it means that I drive the car and read the map at the same time, compared to driving and using a voice gps). If everyone used this thing, and every bossfight were so hard and had so much going on, like LK HC with Proffesor put and 3 drakes at the same time, then fine, you'll need the help. As it is now though, if I'm abit slower to learn then ppl using this addon I'll be a "OMFG, you bloody scrubb of a noob! Why the hell didn't you move out of the fire?!" becouse of the tolerance level of the playerbase.

As if DMB and Blizzard Bossmod isn't enough, example:
    10 man normal Lich King, hard, eh? I were new to the fight and I use DBM, BlizzBossmod and omen in PvE. I'm tanking the adds as a paladin, flawlessly in p1, then in the transition I tank the rageing spirits, the tank who tanked LK in p1 also helps out, but he turns them towards the raid now and then, no real danger just bad play from him/her. So we enter p2 and I fuck up on Defile, there is some stuff going on with me being able to save ppl from valkyrs with HoJ and such, still had a raging spirit on me etc, I droped the defile in midle of the raid, well, imagen a big dark cloud killing everyone. Fine, was my first try in p2. Sec try, p1 and transition as smoth as before. This time some one else fuck up and ppl complaingin about me position the raging spirit wrong, ah you wanted them there asap? Didn't matter that the raid get silenced when I move them? KK I'll do that next try. and I did, I did the 3d try without bigg misstakes, but they though I were stupid so they let an other tank, tank who knew the fight and the offtanking... I were dps and gosh that tank were SO bad! After a wipe in p1 with him I were told to tank again and they stoped complaining about my tanking.
    Aight, you've read that, congratz! Now to my point. Imagen the senario above with them using the marking addon and I'm not, I'd do exactly the same learningpath as above but they would deman perfection from start. If I failed 1st try I'd be classefied as a very bad player, which I'm not, I would say I'm one of the better players on the server, on horde.

This could create something even worse then GearScore IMO, the playerbase DEMAND epics, and with this addon a decent or even fairly bad player will get epics so easy, only fights which won't be "free" epics would be dpsfights with movement, here bad players would not manage couse they can't do awsome dps, nor move at the same time. Its a stupid addon which couldn't be in game. Don't take it personal Mr Creators of this addon, I bet you've done a very very nice jobb and you should be prised for how good you're at coding, but I still hate this addon :P
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I hope they bann it.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Will AVR allow me to draw genitalia on the face of my raid leader while he's trying to explain the fights?

If not, it's basically useless.

even it's stripped down to only visual range check, i think it is very useful already

Quote Originally Posted by Haskel
    Why all the commotion about this mod? Is a big blue glyph of a patch of lightning really that much harder to see on the ground? I mean, red circles will probably be a bit easier to see, but for a skilled raider, this mod doesn't really add anything to make the game easier, and bad raiders will still stand in red circles. If they can ignore DBM screaming at them while they get a 20 stack of Instability, they can certainly stand in red circles.
    The major thing it did for us was Sindragosa hardmode, where you have 6 blocks. With an addon marking up beaconed players, and the icons on the ground, it is impossible to fuck up the positioning on the blocks.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meTZA...=youtube_gdata for an example on sindragosa (we use shapes cause we have some colorblind )

awesome addon for setting up tactics and stuff.
    and it makes bio breaks fun

4 Warrior-Tanking-Blue-Post in the last 5 Threads.... awesome!

We've been using AVR since it came out.

Since it currently has bugs while in combat, I use it mainly to walk people through positions before the boss fight. This is useful for things like where to stand for each LK phase and where to put the blocks and boss on Sindragosa.
    This space for rent.

Deleted

This discussion made it even to the official TERA Online boards. I wish they ban such addons completly.

ITT: People hating on AVR as an excuse for themself being bad at the game.

Deleted

Ban - AVR - NOW!

hah, new nerfs to the already nerfed coh (and wg) incoming, i bet that holy priest wont be compensated for that and for the buffs to hybrids, gj forcing priests to go disc GC.

And AVR: i bet that even with such a mod people will still fail hard on the somewhat harder encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    That's kind of my point, however since there are loads of other, less graphical ways to predict this I'm still not sure whether I concider it to be cheating.

Personally, I love AVR and intend to keep it. It does nothing we couldn't already do since you use it outside of combat. AVRe however, I'm not sure, it could be concidered cheating (and by could be concider I mean by me, I honestly couldn't give a damn what anyone else thinks) and could draw a lot from my cpu, so I might uninstall it.

As for the final answer to the question "Is this cheating?", it's really not our place to argue about it, blizzard will decide, it's their game.

Ow yes, and to whomever wanted to know why I conder 6 mb a lot of memory, it's because my standard UI, which is pretty heavy already, is 30 mb, so this one addon is 20% of my interface's memory.

EDIT: and according to the author it takes your FPS down by about 5%, which is not a little amount.
    So you're using 30gb worth of addons, they must all be purely cosmetic then, yeah? They don't give you any information (provided to you via in game API) that you normally wouldn't have had, right? Right?

You people complaining have to follow under two groups:

1) the "thinks he is hardcore player" who is afraid a "casual" will catch up to his gearscore with the help of this addon.
    2) the "i'll use this addon, or any other addon that has combat benefits, but pretend i don't so i look like a wow gaming god" hypocrite.

Jesus. Then you have people claiming the addon doesn't even work right, when it does... grumble grumble grumble...

I hope they ban that addon, really.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MingMei
    Oh my god. How easymode do people want this game? One time everybody is crying about the endgame being TOO easy and then an addon like THIS appears. Really stupid and pathetic to use. What's the fun of playing the game if you make addons like this?

Deadly Boss Mods = cheating enough.
    Quoted, because this guy is right!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTachy0n
    I hope they ban that addon, really.
    yeah

10+ Year Old Account

If my raid leader or guild master tells me its mandatory to get this addon I'll give him the finger and quit raiding.
    For the Emperor.