Page 32 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon
    So, your just a loot whore?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    For the people who are worried about being bored, I propose that Blizzard makes it so that once a raid instance is cleared in 25-man, it's able to be re-entered (only by those flagged for the cleared instance id) in either 10 or 25-man (same difficulty level so that it's not a heroic training ground), but the bosses drop zero loot, badges, gold, etc.

There. You can raid as much as you want now, since you raid for the fun of raiding, right?
    Lol. This kid is a jackass.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

I'm extremely pleased with the changes. 25 people had the same problems as 40 - it was a wrangle to get that many people. It was fine, but now let's get on to making this game more personal and less who can be the best raid whip. Play the game you want, and that's all.

Now what really gets me is people whining about gating - how many people does it actually affect? Yes, the gate between Lower Spire and the rest of ICC was too long (and they acknowledged that), but really, gating helps stretch out content a bit, gives lower guilds a chance to see what's coming up, and after the gates are removed, it really doesn't mean much.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I see a lot of people saying that people will raid 25 man for the extra loot. Can you multiply at all? 25 people are more then 10, which means that if 10 man drop 2 epics 25 man will have to drop 5 or more for it to be even a little noticeable. I see you like being bitched around be Blizzard bitching around.

Ulduar Heroics > later Heroic systems.

Ulduar was, from my PoV, the most fun of the LK raids (even though we've gone far further in progression terms in later raids). Differentiating fights via gameplay method is /fun/, rather than the far smaller and blander "do it more, harder" heroics of the two later raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly
    wtb people who understand how raid compostions work 25 people and 17 dps 2 tanks 6 heals != 2 10 man raids
    l2offspec then l2raidcomp

I understand the concept here, but to be honest, I dont see the reason to run 25man groups anymore.
    However I kinda like the idea of this. We can now just start a 10man guild with like 15 IRL friends or something and focus a bit more on PvP and just have a fun time. Instead of having to organize a 25man raid with almost always 5-10 retards in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz
    I see a lot of people saying that people will raid 25 man for the extra loot. Can you multiply at all? 25 people are more then 10, which means that if 10 man drop 2 epics 25 man will have to drop 5 or more for it to be even a little noticeable. I see you like being bitched around be Blizzard bitching around.
    and guess what blizzard said? they'd be increasing the loot quantity! gee, reading is fun.

25 will only die to the degenerates. the people who can't fucking grasp elementary math.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Lol. This kid is a jackass.
    This kid is a 30 year old forum mod not really that pleased with being flamed.

My point in that post stands. People whine about not being able to raid as much as they want. If you put lootless bosses, people would bitch that now they're raiding for no purpose. Either you want to raid or you want to be a loot whore. Don't try to mask one with the other.

The hardest thing about 40-man raids was finding enough virgins to quit their dayjob. And the coordination.

This is an excelent news, because i just got another reason not to contiune playing next expansion, so i have finally found a few reason to get out of this addictive game

Maybe this will finally get rid of all the damm elitist who see life's purpose in titles and mounts.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen
    For all who thinks this is a "good idea" please quit the game your the reason WoW will be dead come Cats release.
    We dont need you in the game nor want you

Thanks
    So you will quit WoW because... uhm... why exactly? There will still be 25 man raids, just like now, with hardmodes, just like now. The only change is, you won't feel forced to do the same raid 2 to 4 times a week (10, 25 and in some raids both on heroic too). All those so called 'hardcore' raiders complained about being bored of running the same raid multiple times a week and now they will fix that, and you think that will kill WoW? Anyway, if WoW gets killed by this, it's because of you. The people who think this is a good idea will continue playing, people like you will quit and cause 'the death' of WoW.

I love this idea. Finally there will be more 10 man guild who don't feel forced to go 25 when their numbers permit, just for better loot. No more feeling forced to raid 4-5 days a week because you need to farm 10 man to progress in 25 man. And if you like 25 man, there is nothing holding you back. Win win situation. Except ofcourse for lootwhores, who don't raid for fun but for shiny purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen
    For all who thinks this is a "good idea" please quit the game your the reason WoW will be dead come Cats release.
    We dont need you in the game nor want you

Thanks
    Opposite: if you really care about this, please piss off.

"QQ this game sucks now"

So quit.
    A vast majority of people in this thread seem to be ok with the change, and based on the way they write their posts and phrase their arguments, they seem to be much better people who would be more pleasant to raid with than you guys.

If the game is going to suck (in your opinion) then kindly fuck the hell off, and leave us to enjoy it without your fucking incessant whinging.
    Grizx Khorin Junhi Shatal Xynh Epysia

I'm not sure why anyone ever thought WoW was a hardcore raiding game. It hasn't been from the beginning. It had some timesinks, but that was hardly hardcore.

Like like like! At the beginning of WotLK this is how I said it should be. Finally, it will be so!

I liked the option of not having to be in a raiding guild to see the 25+ man content, and it'll limit progression as the 25 man geared people plowing through 10 man content and then calling it an achievement. I'm still on the fence with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Man, this thread is like a tornado of fallacies. Ya'll see it's for the better.

It's not like being able to run both 10 and 25 man version of a raid gives you more content. It doesn't. If you run just 10 mans, that's your progression path. If you run 25 mans, that's your progression bath. They don't overlap. What does a 25 man raider get from doing the 10 man? Nothing, maybe badges. A mainly 10 man raider isn't that likely to do 25 mans, so that progression path is not their either.

But yeah, it's the death of WoW, death of 25mans and death of everything else, just like every other change Blizzard ever does.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

People forget we pay to play this game. If we want to raid a shit ton we should be allowed to. Why are we getting restricted to play the boring parts of the game because Blizzard is too lazy to design a sufficient number of raids/content. Now you dont wannt design a difference between 10 and 25? I dont raid THAT much but I sure as hell want to raid more than 1 night a week maybe 2 when content is new.

We all know content is going to be a joke as far as difficulty goes. I mean Blizzard has been making raids easier every expansion to please the casuals. So now we get multiple 5-6 boss raids with 1 locket instead of 1 Eleven boss raid with 2 lockouts ?

Guess most of us are gonna be bored on off days.

10+ Year Old Account

This kid is a 30 year old forum mod not really that pleased with being flamed.

My point in that post stands. People whine about not being able to raid as much as they want. If you put lootless bosses, people would bitch that now they're raiding for no purpose. Either you want to raid or you want to be a loot whore. Don't try to mask one with the other.
    man if i could give you the internet i would.

thank you for reason and common sense.